Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

That Ahsoka doll is so adorable. Hopefully we will see some when the Disneyland version opens we will see more. I am seeing more pins to purchase.:hyper2:

I really like the idea of these "handmade" looking dolls and really glad they aren't crazy expensive

While some of the experiences (the lightsaber, etc.) are pricey it does seem like they want to have souvenirs at all price levels available which is smart I think

I think that the thing that I am looking forward to the most is being able to have Rebellion/resistance gear. It seems like the Star Wars Merch seems to be so focused on the Dark Side/Empire/First Order. I can see why people are attracted to them. The dark side is eye catching. But I am down with the plucky rebels. Oh and the Leia is so cute too.

So sounds like the tsa isn't quite sure on what to do about lightsabers. My friend had to check hers, but her coworker was able to carry it on (they didn't go through security together).

She bought a lightsaber and a Rey resistance vest for around $60. The vest looks like a good quality.

So sounds like the tsa isn't quite sure on what to do about lightsabers. My friend had to check hers, but her coworker was able to carry it on (they didn't go through security together).

She bought a lightsaber and a Rey resistance vest for around $60. The vest looks like a good quality.

Hopefully it sorts itself out over time but you'd think they could arrange with at least MCO TSA that if they are in the provided lightsaber case it is ok - even if that case has to be searched or something

That's what I'm most curious about with the lightsabers; transportation. If they would make the blade optional I would just get a hilt and put it in my luggage. Otherwise I may have to skip it as I travel light and don't want to mess with TSA + a lightsaber.

Very premature question, but do we think the WDW shops will deliver purchases to the resorts? Is that even a thing in CA? On the one hand, I can see it breaking theme to fill out the form with resort and check-out date and have that convo with the CM. But on the other, given everything that’s caught our eye, I can’t imagine lugging it all around. Great “problems” to have, for sure!!

Very premature question, but do we think the WDW shops will deliver purchases to the resorts? Is that even a thing in CA? On the one hand, I can see it breaking theme to fill out the form with resort and check-out date and have that convo with the CM. But on the other, given everything that’s caught our eye, I can’t imagine lugging it all around. Great “problems” to have, for sure!!
I’m sure they will have some sort of “in world” way to have things “sent back to your ship” or something.

I have been following about 5 different outlets and I read somewhere, don't remember where, that for the time being, they won't deliver to the front of the park or resort....I will try and see where I read this

Is there a thread for lightsaber info yet?

My son is obsessed and is determined to get one. I told him he might have to wait in a 5 hr line+, which he says he’s willing to do. He collects lightsabers and has to have Obi-Wan’s.

Any idea how entry into the lightsaber store is going to work or where I can seek out the details? Of course we’re there opening day until Sat so this is going to be a lot of fun (#NOT!)

Any info on how to get these things on a plane would be helpful. I’m assuming we’ll have to ship it home as the blade alone is 36” and will not fit in our luggage or be considered a carry on.

I’m thinking with the blade case, it might be considered similar to checking golf clubs? I can hope right :)

Hopefully it sorts itself out over time but you'd think they could arrange with at least MCO TSA that if they are in the provided lightsaber case it is ok - even if that case has to be searched or something

Launch Bay told us when purchasing a model replica lightsaber it needed to be shipped and would not go thru TSA. I hope you’re right and the CM’s get the details from MCO TSA regarding the new lightsabers.

That's what I'm most curious about with the lightsabers; transportation. If they would make the blade optional I would just get a hilt and put it in my luggage. Otherwise I may have to skip it as I travel light and don't want to mess with TSA + a lightsaber.

My son has been watching videos non-stop on the lightsabers. For $199 it includes the box, handle, blade, Crystal and blade carry sleeve. The blades come in varying sizes although I’ve only come across them mentioning 36”.

My son is obsessed and is determined to get one. I told him he might have to wait in a 5 hr line+, which he says he’s willing to do. He collects lightsabers and has to have Obi-Wan’s.

Any idea how entry into the lightsaber store is going to work or where I can seek out the details? Of course we’re there opening day until Sat so this is going to be a lot of fun (#NOT!)

Any info on how to get these things on a plane would be helpful. I’m assuming we’ll have to ship it home as the blade alone is 36” and will not fit in our luggage or be considered a carry on.
This is the thread for that info. We are keeping merchandise in one place. There are details in the first post of this thread as well as the first page of the main info thread.

I am sure a lot more details will come out shortly and at @rteetz this is the thread to track them and what is known is in the first post

Just wanted to add since you mention your sone wants Obi-Wan's, my understanding is the pre-build Legends lightsabers (so, like Obi-wan's) will be sold at Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities - and not as part of the build your own lightsaber which is made of random parts and has the ceremony and getitng kyber crystal, etc. Now, maybe you can mix and match some of that with the pre-built one or potentially build one by picking pieces that resemble those of Obi-Wans, but if you want the actual replica of Obi-Wans you wont' go to Savi's for the lightsaber building experience, you go to Dok's

Just wanted to add since you mention your sone wants Obi-Wan's, my understanding is the pre-build Legends lightsabers (so, like Obi-wan's) will be sold at Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities - and not as part of the build your own lightsaber which is made of random parts and has the ceremony and getitng kyber crystal, etc. Now, maybe you can mix and match some of that with the pre-built one or potentially build one by picking pieces that resemble those of Obi-Wans, but if you want the actual replica of Obi-Wans you wont' go to Savi's for the lightsaber building experience, you go to Dok's

And the Legacy lightsabers are hilt and the storage case for the hilt only. If you want a blade, or the case for the blade, both of those are extra purchases. (Just an FYI!(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter