Star Wars Hotel Pricing

gharter

DIS Veteran
I expected this to be expensive, but I wasn't expecting this high.
If you have 2 guests per cabin, the trip will cost you $1209 per guest, per night, for a total of $4809 for the 2 days.
3 guests per cabin get by for $5299.
Even if that includes all dining, drinks and a visit to an empty Galaxies Edge (don't know that it does), thats a lot of money.
Do you think there is that kind of demand.

I knew it would be expensive, yet seeing the numbers is amazing knowing that it will get booked out for as far out as they open it up. Its really hard to justify this in my mind but my kids would find it worth every penny. IDK what we will do or if we even get a reservation.

Wait for the absolute hardcore SW fans to hand over all their money to Disney to get their fix. Then those prices should fall significantly.
I wouldn't be so sure. I read an article that guesses the first guest round will be the diehards. But after that it will be wealthier parents who have kids that like Star Wars. They will do the Star Wars experience because they prefer the best a resort has to offer and will assume, based on price, this is the best DW has to offer. Star Wars movies / TV shows will also be coming out frequently to keep kids interested.

It's only 100 or so rooms. They should be able to fill those, at a premium, forever.

I have no doubt that it will fill for a while. After the die hard SW fans have gone, then it will be interesting to see if it continues to fill. If it gets good reviews and lives up to the hype, I suspect getting a room may be difficult.

I'm usually a solo traveler and I'm not paying $5000/3 days for something that I'm only half interested in. (I lean more heavily on the Original Trilogy than the newer stuff).

If it goes down in price I might do it but for now I'll pass and leave it to the hard core fans.

At those prices :snooty:, two things come to mind ...
"A fool and his money are soon parted" and "There's a sucker born every minute"
Let's be honest, you can say that about a lot of things Disney offers.
$129 for a dessert party that includes alcohol, but they price it so "adults" above 10 have to pay full price and subsidize the people above 21.
$350 for a welcome basket with $45 worth of stuff in it
$900+ for a "Deluxe" room
$250 for a motel with cartoons on the wall
Etc, Etc, Etc

That being said...everyone values their money differently and if anyone is going to do an immersive Star Wars experience right, it's going to be Disney.

For most who do this, it will be a one time thing.

Also, the people on these boards are not their target audience. They want the once in a lifetime trips. This will attract people who might not have otherwise considered a Disney trip.

Last edited:
I’m surprised at the price, although perhaps I shouldn’t be. I really want to do this with my family but for the 4 of us to go it’s basically the cost of a whole trip. I can’t justify that, and I just bought into DVC, so I like giving my vacation money to Disney! Maybe when it’s just my wife and I we could swing it, but I sadly think this is a pass for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter