• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer 2

Are we going to have Twincest overtures again? I hope not.

This looks awesome though. I'm a lot more excited than I was.

I can't wait for Kylo to kill a bunch of his people, and he's got a mom left, so you know, the work of a Sith Master never ends.

God, I LOVE when the bad guys are awesome.

Sad about the seeming lack of cool costumes. I mean, even the prequels had good costumes.

God bless! We can only hope for something a bit darker even than Empire. (My cold heart can't take more "Rogue One" feel goodness.)

I've got my tickets, and my flask backed in case it becomes a JarJar situation...because I obviously still have PTSD from them killing Darth Maul and the rest of the tragedy of the prequels.

@TheMaxRebo - I fear the coming of more Ewoks.

ETA: I post and immediately see @rteetz post. Sorry.

Rogue One feel goodness? Literally everyone dies in then end! You are dark! ;)

Yeah, I hope the porgs are just a fun little extra and not a major plot point

I mean I want diversion from the plot of empire, but it’s to be expected there’ll be some tie ins. I just don’t want a verbatim retelling like FA was

That's the vibe I'm getting...

I just can't trust it right now. We'll know exactly how tight a grip disney has on the story in two months...one way or another

No...I can see her angle...

Rogue one has the little guys succeeding and the "feel goodness" is the way they shot the end sequences...which i think we're the reshoot.

They all die - SPOILER!!! - but there's kinda an optimism to it...not a sense of loss.

To be clear: I think that was actually the most "Star Wars" scenes shot since yub nub...to be clear.

The only in 35 years that even resonated a little.

I’m just reserving judgement for when I actually see it.

Fair enough...TFA hasn't helped me in that department at all.

Nor some reactions To rogue one...which I think did a good job with the narrowest of windows...

Many around me whined that R1 wasn't like force awakens...a straight reboot. How low of a bar...

Yeah, some people died, big whoop. Those pesky rebels got the info they needed to commit genocide though and people were happy about it. So "the good guys" could blow up all the people on a really cool piece of technology. The Senate just wants order, why are those rebel buttholes trying to keep everything in chaos. It's a confusing and silly position to hold. I'm really strong with the dark side of the force though.

Me too. I'm down for more species, but I'm afraid of the Ewok/JarJar issue. Always!

No...I can see her angle...

Rogue one has the little guys succeeding and the "feel goodness" is the way they shot the end sequences...which i think we're the reshoot.

They all die - SPOILER!!! - but there's kinda an optimism to it...not a sense of loss.

To be clear: I think that was actually the most "Star Wars" scenes shot since yub nub...to be clear.

The only in 35 years that even resonated a little.

In all seriousness, most SW fans feel the same way you did that it was the most "Star Wars". I thought R1 was cloyingly sweet. I'm not a fan.

Also, no interesting species or costumes. I'd rather re-watch The Phantom Menace, and I'm not actually kidding.

I don’t think they’re actually blood twins (or at least I hope not). I’m hoping it’s just in an allegorical sense this go round

Really?

Here's where i'm at:

The scene in the abrams wallet awakens where she's left with the junk alien...obvious nod to separation for protection.

The geekdom have made this elaborate theory about super jedi parents...the Harry potter theory...but that's too subtle for disney for two reasons:

1. They rebooted
2. They are trying to avoid Lucas's prequel penchant for dead ends.

So i think the "twist" is that she was hidden by leia to hide her from LUKE...and the max Von sydow character likely did it. Too much power...needed a back up plan.

Second, the "I've seen this power before" is a straight tease or hopefully a misdirection. They haven't been clever/subtle though.

Third, She has a confrontation with snoke...which is straight ESB and would further make "twin" sensible.

Four, the light sabers

This one might be the best angle...it makes the fight less silly at the end of 7...if they are literally peas from the same pod.

That we're I'm at right now.

Fair enough...TFA hasn't helped me in that department at all.

Nor some reactions To rogue one...which I think did a good job with the narrowest of windows...

Many around me whined that R1 wasn't like force awakens...a straight reboot. How low of a bar...
Rogue is one of my favorite of all the Star Wars (as ive posted umpteen Times).

That’s reallg sad people felt that way. I give them credit for starting from scratch and crafting a good story. And as has been posted elsewhere in this thread, they all die at the end but it’s honestly the closure the film needed being a one off and it succeeded greatly imo

In all seriousness, most SW fans feel the same way you did that it was the most "Star Wars". I thought R1 was cloyingly sweet. I'm not a fan.

Also, no interesting species or costumes. I'd rather re-watch The Phantom Menace, and I'm not actually kidding.

You're arthouse...I would have gotten that long ago without your avatar photo...

But the tug from Star Wars for most was the guttural "yeah!" Urge when the heros make good...run out into the backyard and do the "shoot shoot" for the next five hours...

It wasn't about the silly visuals like that crap george wasted his money on...redonkulous overdone costumes and aliens...

That's what the prequels failed...it was all specifical and no hormones/biology...

Your in the minority on this one...me thinks.

Well that was interesting.

Really looked like Hayden Christensen at the start.

I literally do not care about anything Kylo does. Maybe he'll whine and rip up some more furniture this movie.

I do wonder how Leia will die. It's not like she can have an epic pre-death speech.

I'm thinking it looks more and more like Rey is a reincarnated chosen one (Avatar the Last Airbender style).

Whoever cut that trailer must have got paid extra for every misleading scene that was put one after the other to confuse us. Like when Kylo Ren seemingly offers to help Rey but they are obviously in different places.

Rogue is one of my favorite of all the Star Wars (as ive posted umpteen Times).

That’s reallg sad people felt that way. I give them credit for starting from scratch and crafting a good story. And as has been posted elsewhere in this thread, they all die at the end but it’s honestly the closure the film needed being a one off and it succeeded greatly imo

I think the legit criticism of R1 is that she does speeches and they follow her for no viable reason...and the character isn't developed enough to buy she does that for daddy issues..

That was forced and I think that's become a trend with Kathy Kennedy...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter