• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer 2

Rogue is one of my favorite of all the Star Wars (as ive posted umpteen Times).

That’s reallg sad people felt that way. I give them credit for starting from scratch and crafting a good story. And as has been posted elsewhere in this thread, they all die at the end but it’s honestly the closure the film needed being a one off and it succeeded greatly imo

I don't dislike R1 because it wasn't like FA, I disliked it because it was just such a simple story that I knew the ending to and mainly just wanted it to end. Its like "ok, I got it, you're going to be a mratyr for the alliance...yawn." My opinion is not popular though, so I'm dodging the tomatoes in my head ya'll don't have to hurl 'em.

This is an interesting theory about Kylo if anyone is interested, and really fixed my few issues with the character...I hate that all the bad guys have to be conflicted. Why can't they just legit think their way of running the galaxy is superior? This does include adult language, so if that offends you, don't click: https://moviepilot.com/p/star-wars-8-theory-darth-vader-keeping-the-force-alive/4120360

I think the legit criticism of R1 is that she does speeches and they follow her for no viable reason...and the character isn't developed enough to buy she does that for daddy issues..

That was forced and I think that's become a trend with Kathy Kennedy...
I think you could argue they follow along because they have very few leads to follow up on, and she was respected by Saul who they probably still had respect for as a fighter even if they’d broken off from each other as resistances.

It’s certainly not perfect, but it’s easily going to be the best of the standalones I feel given what’s happened with he others in the pipeline

I don't dislike R1 because it wasn't like FA, I disliked it because it was just such a simple story that I knew the ending to and mainly just wanted it to end. Its like "ok, I got it, you're going to be a mratyr for the alliance...yawn." My opinion is not popular though, so I'm dodging the tomatoes in my head ya'll don't have to hurl 'em.

This is an interesting theory about Kylo if anyone is interested, and really fixed my few issues with the character...I hate that all the bad guys have to be conflicted. Why can't they just legit think their way of running the galaxy is superior? This does include adult language, so if that offends you, don't click: https://moviepilot.com/p/star-wars-8-theory-darth-vader-keeping-the-force-alive/4120360
No offense taken at all, afterall, there has to be someone to watch phantom menace :cool:

Well that was interesting.

Really looked like Hayden Christensen at the start.

I literally do not care about anything Kylo does. Maybe he'll whine and rip up some more furniture this movie.

I do wonder how Leia will die. It's not like she can have an epic pre-death speech.

I'm thinking it looks more and more like Rey is a reincarnated chosen one (Avatar the Last Airbender style).

Whoever cut that trailer must have got paid extra for every misleading scene that was put one after the other to confuse us. Like when Kylo Ren seemingly offers to help Rey but they are obviously in different places.

That hand out is obvious misdirection...

And snoke being in the background of the torture scene is an obvious intentional hint.

Snoke is somebody and there are only two legitimate options...I think I'm leaning heavily one way...

Oh...and the "hand" has to be to Leia...

I would say no way they pull the same trick this time...but when 3 1/2 is your apparent target audience...you don't get confusing...Elmo could have wrote the screenplay.

Something george said is creeping into my mind on this one..

And If snoke doesn't have a tie in...he's just "random bad jedi dude" and That is so hollow...they did that all over the prequels and the characters suck.

You mentioned the light saber theory, do you think FA would have been stronger with the scenes about Kylo searching for Sith relics included? I think it would have added a ton to his character, although its also a little Harry Potterish.

You mentioned the light saber theory, do you think FA would have been stronger with the scenes about Kylo searching for Sith relics included? I think it would have added a ton to his character, although its also a little Harry Potterish.

That's the Internet/EU geekdom type stuff...and I don't think disney gives a rat's about that...

What I'm saying is that snoke is a horribly disfigured, all seeing overlord looking for fresh blood/followers...

So you have two obvious choices...and no...not boba fett or his baby sitter daddy...

George said - paraphrased - that there's only one main character in Star Wars...

Not very subtle. What if they didn't throw out "all his ideas"

I can see jj abrams going along with that...not to mention the rest of the crew that are still influenced by him...as are their bank accounts.

Something george said is creeping into my mind on this one..

And If snoke doesn't have a tie in...he's just "random bad jedi dude" and That is so hollow...they did that all over the prequels and the characters suck.

I wish snoke had looked more like this:

61ch-VseGqL.jpg

After watching it a couple times my thoughts,

Seems that Snoke is talking to Rey at the beginning, I never got the impression that Kylo was all that powerful or really special, guy couldn't even make a proper Light Saber.

Luke is talking to Rey though and it seems she is playing the Anakin roll from the prequels.

Snoke is Palpatine, Same deliberate speech, obsessed with corrupting the strongest Jedi, Anakin to Luke mirrors Kylo to Rey. Guy was obsessed with Death Stars makes sense he would build a third.

Of course I could be way off....

I've watched the trailer now a few times. I'm pretty sure the last scene where Rey is talking is actually to Luke, not Kylo. I also believe that Kylo's offering his hand to his mom. I don't think he kills her. I think he's going to see someone else kill her and it's going to set off something else in him. I'm not sure what's going to happen with Rey and Snoke. He's obviously torturing her. However, I do believe we are heading towards grey Jedi, where light and dark are no longer absolutes. So it's possible that as Kylo finds a way to balance by not killing his mother, Rey finds the opposite kind of balance by standing up to Snoke's torture and tapping into the "dark" side.

Marvel publishes a Poe Dameron comic that's canon and so far is covering events prior to Ep 7. After Carrier Fisher's passing they began laying the ground work for Leia mentoring Dameron from a pilot/commander to a Resistance leader. It seems to strongly hint that an editorial decision was made to show how Poe could take over for Leia ... ie Leia's gonna die in Ep 8 with Poe becoming the man in charge

Did anyone see Kelly Marie Tran in the trailer? I didn't. Wonder if her character doesn't have a lot of screen time even though the actrress is doing all the cons and interviews.

Definitely did not see her and was wondering the same thing

We did just get a lego set that includes her character - so she made the important stuff ;)

Yeah, some people died, big whoop. Those pesky rebels got the info they needed to commit genocide though and people were happy about it. So "the good guys" could blow up all the people on a really cool piece of technology. The Senate just wants order, why are those rebel buttholes trying to keep everything in chaos. It's a confusing and silly position to hold. I'm really strong with the dark side of the force though.

Me too. I'm down for more species, but I'm afraid of the Ewok/JarJar issue. Always!

Oh, well, yeah from that angle - especially the 2nd Death Star that was still under construction and thus probably full of a bunch of innocent independent contractors just trying to make a credit

Well that was interesting.

Really looked like Hayden Christensen at the start.

I literally do not care about anything Kylo does. Maybe he'll whine and rip up some more furniture this movie.

I do wonder how Leia will die. It's not like she can have an epic pre-death speech.

I'm thinking it looks more and more like Rey is a reincarnated chosen one (Avatar the Last Airbender style).

Whoever cut that trailer must have got paid extra for every misleading scene that was put one after the other to confuse us. Like when Kylo Ren seemingly offers to help Rey but they are obviously in different places.

I really hope they don't go the route of Rey being Anikan reincarnated. The next in line of chosen ones? Ok, sure but not full on reincarnation

Fully agree with you about the way they cut the trailer likely being misleading - the scene you pointed out and I suspect the one where they position it like Kyle is debating whether or not to fire on the area of the ship Leia is in is also not really going to be that in the movie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter