Starting the new week and Thanksgiving coming..

Mackey Mouse

Me read the Navigator? I don't
When I said I would host Thanksgiving and invited all these people, I did not know the cancer was back. Thankfully, I have 2 daughters who will help their weary Mom get through this holiday by cooking and just keeping me organized..

Yesterday, one was here and we got up the Christmas tree, not decorated just lights, usually I never put it up so early, but it is up in our den as I do not know what the next weeks will bring. Who knows maybe it will just have lights this year. I am hoping he does ok with the chemo and we can live our lives as normally as we can...

So let's all try to have a good Thanksgiving, be thankful that Pete did allow me to get this board going and that we have each other to get us through the Holiday Season... We have our families and friends, but sometimes it just cathartic to come here and post...

I hope that everything goes well for the rest of your week. I am sure that you are happy and thankful to have your daughters around. The holidays are a hard time to go through all of this.
I spent today with my dad at the hospital and decided to try and celebrate Thanksgiving on Saturday( keep your fingers crossed that he is home from the hospital by then) just to take the pressure off the rest of the week. It really doesnt matter to me when we celebrate as long as we can all get together.

Getting the tree up is a big step! That is a project under the best situations so I think you are doing a great job :grouphug:

Keep your chin up and remember everyone will love it no matter what you do for Thanksgiving. Dont wear yourself out!!!
I will be thinking of you this week. :)

Try not to go all out. Maybe buy some of the stuff pre-made only make one or two "specialities" that are your favorites.

Hang in there, we are all here for you.

The holidays are a tough time for a lot of people. Hopefully they will come here to post for support.

Just an idea Marsha. Why not put on 1 decoration each day. It's a reminder of how much there is to be grateful for. A way to say WHEW, we made it through today. Choose only your very favorite or most meaningful ornaments. Forget the glass balls and tinsel and bells and whistles. Make it about what really matters. It also won't be overwhelming to take down after christmas. Just a thought :grouphug:

:grouphug: to everyone going through a difficult time during the holidays. May it give you some comfort to know that we care and are here to listen. :grouphug:

I am sitting here, got up at 4:00am again, that is my time to try and get my head straight.....

We are doing ok....he is having some reaction to the chemo which is upsetting to see, but we are going to try and get through today with no tears and no fighting......why is it when everyone gets stressed, there is arguing....*sigh*

Anyway, everyone have a great Thanksgiving, the turkey is in and we are hoping for a good day here....

Hugs all around..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter