Stop Throwing Tissues on Me! – September 2023 Food and Wine Fest Trip Report! (Updated 2/12!)

VAtink

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone, welcome to my latest trip report! If you’re hopping over from my last TR, thanks for continuing with the fun! If you’re new, thanks for joining! The good news for everyone is this was a super short trip, so in theory this TR should not take a full year to finish like the last one….in theory. :rotfl:

So as just mentioned, this was a pretty short F&W trip for us. Usually we stay ~9-10 days, but this year since we’ll be back in December (less than 70 days!), we decided to keep our September trip short since, well, Disney is expensive and having multiple week+ trips in a four month span isn’t exactly in our budget. ::yes:: We actually hadn’t even planned to go this year for Food and Wine, but then hurricane Ian happened during our trip last year, and suddenly we had two days of unused tickets that expired on September 30th, 2023, so of course that was all the excuse we needed to book a trip!

We ended up going September 20th – 25th this year, which was just enough time to do what we wanted, just with very limited rest.

Alright, let’s get into introductions!

First up is my mom! We go to Food and Wine every year as a mother daughter trip and it is an amazing tradition, love getting to make all these memories with my mom!

Since she is still teaching, we plan our trips around when she has long weekends, so typically end up going the end of September. Although next year the way the holidays fall we’ll be going in October, but that’s a tale for another day!

Now, if you followed along on the previous TR, you’ll likely remember my mom is coming off surgery for broken bones in her leg. She got her cast off less than four weeks before our trip, so it was definitely a different trip for us with getting around. While she could walk, and really wanted to, we did end up renting wheelchairs for her a few times, which was a whole new experience for us! We’ll get into those details later of course.

Next up is me! Hi, I’m Debbie! I grew up on Disney and was very lucky that my parents brought me to Disney World a bunch growing up which got me totally hooked on the parks. Nowadays I love planning our next trip, and of course love taking the trips as well!

Oh, and you may be curious about the title of this TR. Well, throughout the trip I’d just be sitting there and suddenly my mom would walk over and drop 1-2 tissues on me because she “thought I needed them.” It became this whole thing over the trip, I would even wake up in the morning and find random tissues on my bed. :rotfl2: I have no idea why or how this started, but it did and became a running joke throughout the trip!

Alright, let’s get into this trip report!

We over lapped! I was there 23-25! Interested to hear how you faired with genie as we had some issues!!!

Also weather was glorious till today when it was HOT!

We over lapped! I was there 23-25! Interested to hear how you faired with genie as we had some issues!!!
We really only used Genie on Thursday and Friday, and didn't have any issues those days. The only issue we had was on Sunday morning trying to book an ILL for Guardians, but we were in line for AK to open and everyone around us was having issues too so at least we knew it wasn't just my phone acting up! Did eventually get the ILL at like 7:04.
Also weather was glorious till today when it was HOT!
YES! The weather this weekend was phenomenal! We couldn't believe how low the humidity was for September. We left too early today to experience any heat, thankfully!

YES! The weather this weekend was phenomenal! We couldn't believe how low the humidity was for September. We left too early today to experience any heat, thankfully!
That was very, very lucky to have good weather in September. You deserved it, though, after enduring a hurricane last year.

We had very hot weather Sept 9-14th, but very little rain.

I'm looking forward to reading about your trip. :)

Last edited:

I'm so sorry I wasn't able to get to the parks while you were there. Dumb work. Maybe December! Hope it was a great trip and cannot wait to hear all about it!!

That was very, very lucky to have good weather in September. You deserved it, though, after enduring a hurricane last year.
Right? I couldn't believe how nice it was, we got very lucky!
We had very hot weather Sept 9-14th, but very little rain.
Yeah the heat in September hits hard, we used to always go in August, and I swear September heat/humidity is worse. At least it wasn't a very rainy trip!
I'm looking forward to reading about your trip. :)
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter