Stroller rules to be enforced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the news and they had a story on the stroller ban and smoking ban. I thought it was interesting that it made the news here in Georgia.

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time sifting through people who are upset because they like the Keenz and its amenities, and those who are upset because they can't stroll through Disney showing off they have a Keenz.
Same here. I don't get what there is to show off about a Keenz. They seem to be moderately priced (about $400) versus say,a Bugaboo Fox at $1,200 (or more). It has been years since I bought a stroller and did not spend anywhere near that amount, but based on the prices Keenz seems to be a pretty average-priced stroller (okay, wagon).

Same here. I don't get what there is to show off about a Keenz. They seem to be moderately priced (about $400) versus say,a Bugaboo Fox at $1,200 (or more). It has been years since I bought a stroller and did not spend anywhere near that amount, but based on the prices Keenz seems to be a pretty average-priced stroller (okay, wagon).

$400 is pretty expensive for something bought for use in a theme park, not every day use. My Chicco Bravo stroller cost around $200 and my lightweight Zoe stroller cost just over $100. The Zoe is what we are taking to WDW because I didn't want to fly with the Chicco since it weighs 20 lbs to the Zoe's 10 lbs. Both strollers meet the stroller dimensions. So together, I was able to get two quality strollers (although not high end) for less than a Keenz stroller wagon. Right now, one of the most popular strollers for WDW, the City Mini, is running about $190.

Personally, I wouldn't use a stroller over $300 at WDW, partially because I wouldn't want it stolen, but also because it's going to get a lot of wear and tear in a pretty short time frame, especially if flying with it too.

I wrote about this (it's in my sig!) but I think the best stroller is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Delta-Children-Tandem-Umbrella-Stroller/dp/B003TRZIGW/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2D0CQJYHIQP5S&keywords=double+umbrella+stroller&qid=1553793578&s=gateway&sprefix=doulbe+umbre,aps,145&sr=8-3

We used it 2 years ago. It's cheap, light weight, and folds up like a charm. It's sturdy and holds up. By cheap I mean that you can throw it away before you go home if you don't want to haul it back with you.

The only cons are that it has no underneath storage and if you're tall, it may be tough to push (I'm 6'2 and it wasn't terrible).

We second this stroller, we took it on a trip last December, during Christmas Eve. Folded up nice and small for busses and trams, very polite and maneuverable on the pathways, easy on the budget at around $75... and this was during some of the worst crowd times. I am 6-3 It was not too bad on the back because the handlebars were wide and its very light. Some of the models have storage pouches in the back, some do not.

We are never bringing a full-sized type jogger stroller in the parks again. You end up just punishing yourself with those huge wagons/ double joggers/ even front back strollers. They are just too big to maneuver and getting even a single jogger on the trams and busses is a nightmare even if you are a fairly strong and large person. People may raise a stink that their $600+ strollers/ wagons/ carriages have been banned but you will be much happier with an umbrella stroller.

Looking forward to hopefully having more room freed up to walk in the parks. It makes it very difficult to walk along the sideways and enjoy the parks when there are giant strollers everywhere and just parked on the side of rides. Especially walking through shops. Floor space is already tight, with anticipation of SWGE this will free up some space. Only to add more people in the park :) :) :)

We second this stroller, we took it on a trip last December, during Christmas Eve. Folded up nice and small for busses and trams, very polite and maneuverable on the pathways, easy on the budget at around $75... and this was during some of the worst crowd times. I am 6-3 It was not too bad on the back because the handlebars were wide and its very light. Some of the models have storage pouches in the back, some do not.

We are never bringing a full-sized type jogger stroller in the parks again. You end up just punishing yourself with those huge wagons/ double joggers/ even front back strollers. They are just too big to maneuver and getting even a single jogger on the trams and busses is a nightmare even if you are a fairly strong and large person. People may raise a stink that their $600+ strollers/ wagons/ carriages have been banned but you will be much happier with an umbrella stroller.

I posted about this one earlier. I actually bought my daughter a BOB double because we walk daily Spring-Fall here, but felt it was way to big to bring in the car, so I bought her the LX side by side to take last week. It folded up and fit in my back compartment of my car, and was easier than we imagined to push and maneuver. We actually bought an extended shade for it, that can fold up and fit in one of the pockets if not needed, and an add on storage pouch. Had plenty of room for ponchos, umbrellas, water bottles, etc. I think we have our go to Disney stroller for GS2 and GS9months.

Here is the question though, without the Keenz where are parents going to put the mobile electronics they bring to keep there kids occupied and not actually engaged with the world around them? I swear the wagons are on a uptick as well as the number of kids I see attached to some sort of screen watching a cartoon while waiting in line or just riding in a stroller/wagon. Which is fine parent or not how you like but they arent just a little distraction for your kids they can cause there own traffic issues all in there own. I have had to stop fast or do last minute collision avoidance way to many times because some small little one dropped a piece of technology/ mobile TV on the path while being pushed in a stroller and the parent immediately has to stop so no one steps on and breaks it. I am not saying people cant have smart phones or ipads or such, because honestly they have become very much integral to planning things on the fly at Disney or even everyday life for adults. I am just saying maybe they should be left in the hands of the parents and not the little ones who tend to drop or misplace things causing people to stop there wagon/strollers or whatever mid path causing even more issues.

My firm belief is the more you bring into the parks the more you have to keep track off and the more apt you are to having it dropped/loss or stolen or in my example placed in the path of oncoming foot traffic causing everyone to veer or stop. Smaller Strollers, yes will pad Disneys bottom line for snacks and drinks, and yes will make it harder for you to haul toypocalypse around but it should also encourage people to rethink the "necessitates" of Disney and I hope make it so there is less things to be dropped in peoples paths while the little ones are pushed around.

In saying all that I do understand those with Kids with Disabilities may need to bring more and need larger conveyance means and as such I fully support your needs for a larger storage/ wagon capacity, and even the use of Electronic devices based on the need.

I just watched the news and they had a story on the stroller ban and smoking ban. I thought it was interesting that it made the news here in Georgia.

My husband said he saw it on the news here in MA too, but I didn't ask if it was local or national news. He said it seemed to misrepresent the stroller part at least, more like "strollers now banned in WDW!" as opposed to changes in policy or enforcement, etc.

CBS just did a segment on all the new rules at Disney, discussed smoking ban and stroller ban, and size.

I’m really happy about this new policy & hoping it will be properly enforced. The walkways (& pretty much everywhere else) are sooooo congested with gigantic strollers,wagons,what have you. I’d actually love an even more restrictive stroller policy. It seems many folks use their strollers like battering rams where they just try to plow through crowds & knock into people. Heck, there are a lot of guests who only bring big strollers so that they can use it to cart around blankets, coolers, changes of clothes - we’ve seen some crazy things packed in those strollers. Please only bring one to the parks if it is actually needed & used for the purpose it’s intended to serve!

Looking forward to hopefully having more room freed up to walk in the parks. It makes it very difficult to walk along the sideways and enjoy the parks when there are giant strollers everywhere and just parked on the side of rides. Especially walking through shops. Floor space is already tight, with anticipation of SWGE this will free up some space. Only to add more people in the park :) :) :)

I’m really happy about this new policy & hoping it will be properly enforced. The walkways (& pretty much everywhere else) are sooooo congested with gigantic strollers,wagons,what have you. I’d actually love an even more restrictive stroller policy. It seems many folks use their strollers like battering rams where they just try to plow through crowds & knock into people. Heck, there are a lot of guests who only bring big strollers so that they can use it to cart around blankets, coolers, changes of clothes - we’ve seen some crazy things packed in those strollers. Please only bring one to the parks if it is actually needed & used for the purpose it’s intended to serve!

Just be aware that a lot of double wide stroller that are very popular in the parks, including models that most of the rental companies use, still fit within these guidlines.

Obviously this will impact wagons and some oversized strollers, but just don't want people to think that all of a sudden there will be like 50% less strollers or something - I think this will have a minimal impact (other than the wagon aspect impacting that you will see more regular strollers and less wagons)

or when people step right in front of you.

I think most of us try really really hard not to hit people..but when they step right in front of you, its really hard not to hit them.

Yes! I have had so many people jump in front of our stroller, either because they are not paying attention or decided to change direction all of a sudden...

Made the news in Minnesota, and the absolute hysterics have been fantastic to watch.

I understand strollers (reasonably sized ones) for kids <4. Above, I do not (except special needs, etc.).

"But it helps me carry all my stuff......" BUT, you don't NEED all that stuff...you only bring it because you have the space to store it.

Even when my kids were in diapers and drank bottles, we fit everything we needed into a backsack. That included a blanket or sweatshirt for the kid(s), bottle, bottled water, formula, diapers, wipes, snacks, change of clothes, camera AND phone (cuz back in the day, they were not one in the same!). I miss that particular backsack - it was strong like ox ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter