Suggestions of Items for Grocery Delivery

You will have very little, if any, freezer space, so I wouldn't recommend getting much frozen stuff.

Can anyone that's been there recently confirm if the Poly's DVC fridges have a freezer compartment?
Most of the DVC studio undercounter refrigerators do not have freezer sections. You'll find one occasionally that does, but I wouldn't count on it. Even if it does, those tiny freezer sections are not good for ice cream, popsicles and the like. It's all going to get soft.

Thanks for the suggestions for coffee with filters we are staying on points.
Must order paper towels.
I do not expect to use the freezer, but good info.
String cheese is great and Gatorade would be a nice addition.
Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions for coffee with filters we are staying on points.
Must order paper towels.
I do not expect to use the freezer, but good info.
String cheese is great and Gatorade would be a nice addition.
Thanks
You should have plenty of paper towels in the studio. If you need more you can ask Housekeeping for more.

I think most of the food items have been mentioned. I ordered bananas once and didn’t realize it was 8 lbs!! We had plenty to eat and share with neighboring guests....and still cheaper than the $1.49 for one banana.
I get 2 packages of baby wipes even with preteens. Always a table to wipe clean in park or ice cream stickiness. New item : freebreeze / air freshener for bathroom

We were loving the homemade lunchables.
Cracker barrel has sliced cheese slices, pepperoni and small pack ritz. We ate them in the park

I LOVE THIS IDEA

I think most of the food items have been mentioned. I ordered bananas once and didn’t realize it was 8 lbs!! We had plenty to eat and share with neighboring guests....and still cheaper than the $1.49 for one banana.
I get 2 packages of baby wipes even with preteens. Always a table to wipe clean in park or ice cream stickiness. New item : freebreeze / air freshener for bathroom

8 pounds of bananas???? wow

With 10 delivery charge and the 6$ delivery fee from disney. Get a trial of instacart you get free delivery for a month and get points on swagbucks if you do that. Maybe it will save you a few....
We did grocery pick up at walmart on turkey lake. We went and bought disney shirts etc at the same time. Not sure if you have a car

With 10 delivery charge and the 6$ delivery fee from disney. Get a trial of instacart you get free delivery for a month and get points on swagbucks if you do that. Maybe it will save you a few....
We did grocery pick up at walmart on turkey lake. We went and bought disney shirts etc at the same time. Not sure if you have a car

I was thinking about going through Garden Grocer. But that is something to think about. I was hoping to get the groceries delivered the morning after we get there. We are spending a resort day so I "think" I should be able to meet them. We will not have a car.

We've only stayed in studios, so we ordered easy/quick breakfasts like what's been mentioned - pop tarts, granola bars, bagels, protein bars, etc. We ordered bread, lunch meat, pretzels for quick and easy lunches. Snack items, beer, water, OJ. I think everyone has it covered.

I've also seen people ordering their toiletries and sunscreen through the grocery delivery service. This way its less stuff to worry about packing and less stuff taking up space in your suitcase. Its also helpful for people doing carry-on only, so they don't have to worry about the TSA liquid rules.

I was thinking about going through Garden Grocer. But that is something to think about. I was hoping to get the groceries delivered the morning after we get there. We are spending a resort day so I "think" I should be able to meet them. We will not have a car.
Good plan to meet them, esp if they have that real time on there app. We use instacart all the time for aldi. The driver is easy to talk to I really like the app. Have a great trip. Wish I was there

If your family will eat Egg Beaters (comes in a carton) you can spray a paper bowl with Pam and microwave for 45 seconds to add eggs to a breakfast sandwich. This adds some protein to the morning breakfast to cut down on the sugary breakfast items. I usually throw in some shredded cheese. I also like to order sandwich thins rather than traditional bread as they seem to stay fresher longer and stand up to throwing several sandwiches into a beach bag when heading to the pool.

We stayed at Saratoga Springs last May and among the things I ordered were bananas as hubby and I eat one each day for the potassium. I got a bit carried away and instead of ordering 2 bunches, ordered 4 and had lots left over at the end of the stay. I'm going through the hallways trying to give these bananas away to the housekeepers ,most of which didn't understand what I was saying and must have thought I was bananas! I plan on being a bit more careful when we go next month!! :rolleyes1

We get those espresso and cream canned drinks that have no sugar. I think they're about 50 calories. Late in the afternoon when I'm tired and hot, it's a great refresher.

If your family will eat Egg Beaters (comes in a carton) you can spray a paper bowl with Pam and microwave for 45 seconds to add eggs to a breakfast sandwich. This adds some protein to the morning breakfast to cut down on the sugary breakfast items. I usually throw in some shredded cheese. I also like to order sandwich thins rather than traditional bread as they seem to stay fresher longer and stand up to throwing several sandwiches into a beach bag when heading to the pool.

I saw sandwich thins the other day at the store. They look more substantial, do you have any issue with the kids eating them?

We ordered through Amazon Prime last week and delivery was free, and we did not get charged for delivery at the resort because we picked it up.

Some things we ordered: Bread, meat for sandwiches, cheese, a case of bottled water, sparkling water, soda, microwave popcorn, microwave Mac and cheese, bananas, clementines, apples, cream for my coffee

We love Garden Grocer, as you do not need to meet them for delivery, they will pick up liquor, and they have a sliding discount- the earlier you order, the bigger the discount. The hotels will refrigerate your items for you until you’re ready to have bell services deliver to your room (you do need to be present for this).

Garden Grocer can deliver before you check in. For example, I picked an earlier delivery time slot due to lack of choices later in the day. As soon as our plane landed in Orlando, I had a text from them that our groceries were delivered.

As for grocery items, sandwich meats and condiments are a must for us, as well as small bagged chips/snacks. We pack a mini collapsing cooler and ice pack. Some days we’ll bring to the park packed with sandwiches and rent a locker so we don’t have to lug it around. Helps keep down dining costs.

We ordered through Amazon Prime last week and delivery was free, and we did not get charged for delivery at the resort because we picked it up.

Some things we ordered: Bread, meat for sandwiches, cheese, a case of bottled water, sparkling water, soda, microwave popcorn, microwave Mac and cheese, bananas, clementines, apples, cream for my coffee
Was that "Prime Now"?

We always order a styrofoam cooler when we place our order through Garden Grocer. That way, milk, beer and water bottles aren't taking up room in the refrigerator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter