Summer Member Event

calypso*a*go-go

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Has Summer on the Savannah started yet, and has anyone attended? I can't find any other information on this event and now I can't even remember where I first saw it -- was it a mailing or email?

Wasn't it in the new Vacation Magic? We always go the first week in June and miss out on these!

I believe the first Summer on the Savanna starts on July 12th and goes through August 23rd.

What's funny is there was information posted on the member website about the event a few days ago for about 2 or 3 hours, but for some reason the information was removed.

Thank you for confirming that I wasn't losing my mind! :teeth:

I was searching the member website for quite a while and could find absolutely nothing about this event. :confused3

Isn't the summer block party usually in Downtown Disney? Anyone know if it's going to be near Epcot's International Gateway this summer? I thought I read that somewhere...

Yes...the Summer on the Savannah event is supposed to be @ the International Gateway. I'll be anxious to hear back from anyone attending. We'll have to go to the last one on 8/23.

It's a Members Only event that takes place a few weeks during the summer where they usually provide some snacks, entertainment, etc. I think in the past, they've also given members some DVC logo items like lanyards or pins.

I've haven't been able to attend any thus far as it's never worked with our travel dates...but this year it looks like we might just make it!

Hi. We will be in WDW Aug 17th-24th. What exactly is this Savannah event??
The details are on page 23 of the summer 2007 Vacation Magic:

Summer on the Savanna, an exclusive (and complimentary) Member event, will take place on Thursday afternoons in the courtyard just outside of the International Gateway enterance to Epcot July 12-August 23 from 3-5 pm. Attending Members and their guests will mingle with their Disney neighbors while enjoying a sensory journey through the African plains, complete with music, interactive entertainment and light refreshments.
We're planning to go to the August 23rd party.

We went to the Block Party they had at DTD 2 summers ago and it was really fun...they had all kinds of arcade and carnival games the kids could play (free) and win prizes, they had face painting, mini massages, a family trivia game and all kinds of fun things going on. When you arrived they gave you an envelope with a light up DVC pin and 3 or 4 tickets that you could use for Mickey Bars, Popsicles, popcorn, etc...I had grudgingly agreed to go and we all decided it was one of the more entertaining, non-park things we did that trip.

We will be there for the Savannah party on 8/2...hope it is as much fun as the block parties were!

We'll be there on 8/23 also. hope to see some other dis'ers there. sounds like it might be fun.

Thanks for the update. I vaguely heard about this and hadn't noticed any info. I have the newsletter and will read about it now. We will be around for both Aug. 16th and Aug. 23rd, so our herd may stop by.

Thanks for the info. We'll be there the 19th and 26th so we will definately go to one of those. Sounds like a great location for us since we're staying at BCV. Cool! :cool1:

We'll be there on the 19th and 26th as well - I'll report back when we return because the summer block party last year was great, so we're planning on dragging our friends to the Summer on the Savannah party.

We actually had Thursday as an open day so this will add in nicely. We kinda planned it as an exploration day, checking out the monorails, boat transportation, and maybe some pool hopping. We are excited:banana:

Anyone else on the 9th? We'd look forward to meeting fellow DIS'ers.

Just got back from the Summer on the Savannah party. There was face painting, drum decorating, and a couple of games for the kids. They had snacks (pretzels, animal crackers and choc chip ice cream sands--2 snacks per person). They had water and punch. Ivy, the living vine thing from Animal Kingdom was there too.

They were giving away a big basket full of DVC goodies through a free raffle. They also gave out tan bucket style hats that say "Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas". They are pretty nice. The tent was pretty crowded. We walked by at 3:00 and there was a line way back to the boat dock, so we waited until 4:00 and walked right in.

PS--The tent is most definately NOT air conditioned! They did have big fans with misters in front of them.,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter