Super Bowl cruise - Feb. 6 anyone?

treloarf

DIS Veteran
Anyone cruising on the Wonder on 2/6? Maybe not - since it's the Superbowl. My DH, MIL, DS-12, DD-9 (her b-day on 2/6) & myself! We're from Pgh. so hopefully the Steelers will be playing!

LET'S GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi...we are cruisin' that date. It is our first cruise and we are very excited. We are in Louisiana just outside New Orleans and we are getting away from the Mardi Gras madness!! It's just too cold this year for Mardi Gras to be enjoyable.....so off we go :cool1: ! Our group is just me, my husband, and 10 yr old daughter. Feel free to email. We can't WAIT!!!!! :Pinkbounc

I will leaving on 2/6/05 with my sister and 5-yr-old daughter. However, unlike everyone else, I am looking to enjoy MYSELF. My child will be in kid's camp (she is not shy and will be happy be around other kids). So, my newly-divorced sis and I are looking to have the time of our lives. Superbowl Sunday is a perk. The Pack didn't make it so I'll just be for NFC. Does anyone have a clue as to where on the boat we can catch the game? Hope you all have fun, might bump into some of you. :cat:

We're cruising too, hopefully we can all meet up. Myself, DH, DD (15), DD (15), DS (15), DD (10), MIL, SIL, DH Uncle, and MIL friend will also being cruising with us.

We are so excited!

Hope to get to meet all the wonderful DISer's on the cruise this time, last time we cruised we didn't plan a meet.

hey bdatriangle.....DH already has plans to go scout out the EPSN Skybox to watch the game....However I think it will be hard to do uninterrupted since, they start playin around 5pm and that is close to early dinners and the "must do" assembly drill around 4pm. DH will find a way to squeeze it in though! :earboy2:

I thought the Superbowl is scheduled for 6:30 pm EST. All I know is if the Steelers are in it, my DH will not be at dinner that night! And it's my DD 9th b-day. Oh boy, I hate to have bad thoughts about the Steelers & I want them to win since we're from Pgh., but it would make my life a whole easier if they lost. SHAME ON ME!!!!!

When is the meet? Anyone arrange one yet? Maybe after the Superbowl around 10:00 pm since everyone should be done with dinner, football, etc. Or around 3:00 pm before the drill?

Add two more to the list. I am taking a DF that is retiring from the ministry on this cruise as a retirement gift and we are soooo looking forward to this trip (DH and DS's are bummed about not going but this is a girl cruise). Snowy and COLD here in northern Michigan so I can't wait for the sun and warmth. This is my fourth DCL cruise but the first one on the Wonder so am looking forward to the subtle differences.

Anyone seen their documents yet from DCL??? Should be showing up on our doorsteps soon I would think. I have not received ours yet.

We will be there also! We too are escaping Mardi Gras Madness!!! It will be me and my ds (14), my sister and her two dd's (6 and 9). We are getting really excited! We haven't received our docs yet. Hopefully soon though!!

Hey future Wonder Cruisers!
A special hello to the Louisiana crowd fleeing Mardi Gras!! :Pinkbounc
Looking forward to our first Disney Cruise with the wife and 2 princesses, ages 9 and 6....excuse me 6 and 1/2, as she likes to remind me.

shel985 said:
hey bdatriangle.....DH already has plans to go scout out the EPSN Skybox to watch the game....However I think it will be hard to do uninterrupted since, they start playin around 5pm and that is close to early dinners and the "must do" assembly drill around 4pm. DH will find a way to squeeze it in though! :earboy2:
Thanks for the SKYbox tip. Forgot about the drill. Anyway, we got a long night ahead.

I think the Superbowl starts at 6:30 EST (per DH)
Is there a place for a meet yet?

LET'S GO STEELERS!!!!

We had a very successful meet on the 12/18 thread. We met up on deck 10 at 3pm on the dock side. 3pm worked well because it was after lunch and the ressie rush but before the drill. It gave everyone a good 30-45 minutes to meet and talk. We do it mid-ship above the goofy pool so if the kids want to swim they can and still be seen. 3pm also works because it is quiet then.

After the lifeboat drill I'd say about 80% of our group met back in the same place for sailaway. Doing the meet at sailaway is hard because it gets so loud, but once everyone has met they can party together.

Someone posted this on a request I had asked about, so why don't we plan on meeting where it states above.

We leave 2 weeks from today - I can't believe that it is almost time to start packing! We have snow - got another few inches last night so I am looking forward to some sun and warmth.

I don't think we decided on a meet time/place as yet. I will tell you what I have done in the past (4 times on the Magic), twice we met for lunch on a sea day and twice we tried to do something on the day we sailed (like 3:00 in the Promenade Lounge). I am all for whatever we decide but it is nice to put faces with names.

Have a good weekend all!

OK FELLOW CRUISERS, THE DOCS ARRIVED THRU UPS TODAY AT MY HOME...!! :cool1:

EWWWWW...I hope I get mine today too!!! Who'd u book through(if u dont mind me asking)? UPS passes late at around here so I have to wait :guilty:
But still soooooo excited it's getting so close!!! :Pinkbounc

We booked on my DVC points and I usually tell them to send them to my office since no one is home during the day to sign - I have not seen them yet and unless one of the dogs can sign for them no one will get them at home either! But, the first one home can let me know and I can stop at UPS on my way home.

Have we decided on a meet time and place? Whatever you all decide works for me.

:wave2: I booked through Expedia..but talked to them today. Docs are in the mail, 2nd day Air...so hopefully tomorrow!!! Anyone else get their's yet. Got the fingers crossed :goodvibes

Oh by the way..I read in some of the more recent Navigators that they have a big thing for the game in Diversions club too. Where ever it is, we are sure to be there! Did we decide on a place/time to meet up?
:flower1:

shel985 said:
Hi...we are cruisin' that date. It is our first cruise and we are very excited. We are in Louisiana just outside New Orleans and we are getting away from the Mardi Gras madness!! It's just too cold this year for Mardi Gras to be enjoyable.....so off we go :cool1: ! Our group is just me, my husband, and 10 yr old daughter. Feel free to email. We can't WAIT!!!!! :Pinkbounc

I'm on the MS Gulf Coast so essentially just outside New Orleans. As a matter of fact we're on the direct Orlando flight out of New Orleans early Sunday morning.

Escaping the Mardi Gras madness too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter