Surf and Turf Disney Style…..30 days of food on land and at sea! 06/16 WPE

Are you doing the dining plan in August Karin?

We are doing the DDP for the part prior to our cruises. Can't say no to the British offer of FD and 40% off. ;) :rotfl2:

I have only eaten at Shake n Steak once and the shake was yummy, but I didn't like the sandwich...but I think it was some kind of steak burger.

We really enjoyed the burgers too. Maybe it's because we don't have many burgers to choose from here. :lmao:
Tom is really looking forward to it again. :thumbsup2

Day 24, September 5

Beaches & Cream

In the afternoon we met with Jeff and his family at Beaches & Cream. We had to wait for about an hour and the kids had a blast in the arcade.
And then it was finally time for our treat! :thumbsup2

Philip cannot have chocolate, so he got

IMG_2496.jpg

a Vanilla cone with sprinkles! Did he like it?

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2498.jpg

I don't think this needs any words ....... :goodvibes

The rest of us had decided on sharing a

IMG_2500.jpg

IMG_2501.jpg

IMG_2505.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

Kitchen sink! :cloud9:
8 scoops of ice cream — including vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, coffee, and mint chocolate chip; Angel Food Cake, Bundt Cake, Brownies, Oreos, Milky Way Candy bar pieces; Peanut Butter, Hot Fudge, Strawberry, Butterscotch, and Caramel sauces; Bananas, Cherries, and Sprinkles; and a whole can of whipped cream.
We had a blast sharing it, but didn't even come close to finishing it! :sad2:

Next up - Boardwalk Bakery

Day 24, September 5

Boardwalk Bakery

For the last few years our tradition has been to buy a

IMG_2518.jpg

Mickey Head Cake, or in other words, chocolate overload. We always get the chocolate cake with chocolate filling which is moist and yummy and stays like that for a very long time.
Side note: you have to order them 48 hours ahead of pick up time. :goodvibes

Next up - Frozen Supermarket Pizza

Day 24, September 5

Supermarket Pizza

After going shopping for the rest of the afternoon and sampling the cake we were just too full to head out for dinner, so lateron in the evening we had a pizza we had picked up in the supermarket earlier.

IMG_2520.jpg

Next up - Waffle House

I love Steak & Shake, we have several around us. I prefer really thin hamburgers, so those are perfect.

DiGiornio's is our favorite frozen pizza, not a real fan of frozen, but that brand is pretty good.

I know I couldn't eat the Kitchen Sink, too many things in it that I'm not allowed to eat. It does look good though!:cool1:

Yum, we love going to Steak and Shake everytime we visit FL or SC. The prices are great too.

Just catching up on this DR and oh my goodness does all that food look good! The food on the cruises looks amazing! One of these days my husband and I will get on a Disney cruise and be able to enjoy that amazing food ourselves. ;)

I always think the kitchen sink is beautiful....but has too many weird icecreams in it for me. LOL!

That cone looked darn good too!

I love Steak & Shake, we have several around us. I prefer really thin hamburgers, so those are perfect.

DiGiornio's is our favorite frozen pizza, not a real fan of frozen, but that brand is pretty good.

I know I couldn't eat the Kitchen Sink, too many things in it that I'm not allowed to eat. It does look good though!:cool1:

It really was a great meal and we both enjoyed the burgers! :thumbsup2

The pizza, well, that was a different sort of thing - we picked one up, so we had something in the freezer should we need it. I kind of picked it by how nice the box looked. I liked this one and the pizza was pretty good for a frozen one.

We love the Kitchen Sink, and so fun to share! There are so many different components and there is something for everyone. But even 4 adults and a kid could not finish it. :rotfl2:

Yum, we love going to Steak and Shake everytime we visit FL or SC. The prices are great too.

Diane, I think it WAS your trip report, where I read about Steak 'n Shake and showed the photos to Tom. You are so right about the prices - unbeatably low! :thumbsup2

Just catching up on this DR and oh my goodness does all that food look good! The food on the cruises looks amazing! One of these days my husband and I will get on a Disney cruise and be able to enjoy that amazing food ourselves. ;)

I am more than glad to have you on board as well! :thumbsup2
There's lots of food to be digested during a 30 day vacation and a huge part of it is cruise food.
Disney cruises are just amazing, so much fun and no matter how long you stay (we did 3 cruises back to back) there were still things we missed. You and your DH will love cruising on one of those wonderful ships. :goodvibes

I always think the kitchen sink is beautiful....but has too many weird icecreams in it for me. LOL!

That cone looked darn good too!

Oh, can we go and have a Kitchen sink together? I just LOVE the "weird" flavours, like Mint chocolate chip.
NO one seems to like it, so I get the whole helping to myself! :rotfl2:

Little Philip is allergic to chocolate :scared:, so he got the vanilla cone and it was so cute to watch him! :goodvibes

Day 25, September 6

Waffle House

It was a sad day as we had to say goodbye to Jeff and his family. But before they flew back home we all met at a Waffle House for breakfast.

This was our first visit to a Waffle House and before I post the two photos we have got I need to say that we will definitely return!

IMG_2521.jpg

I had tea and Tom had coffee and we were amazed at how fast the service went.

IMG_2522.jpg

You cannot go to a Waffle House without ordering a waffle, so we both had a Strawberry Waffle with whipped cream. It was different from what I expected, but it was very good. I really enjoyed it a lot and so did Tom! :thumbsup2

Next up - Wolfgang Puck's Express

We have never been to a Waffle House - but I love waffles so we may have to make time for breakfast at one in August. Hmmm, wonder where the nearest Waffle House to the Keys is....

We have never been to a Waffle House - but I love waffles so we may have to make time for breakfast at one in August. Hmmm, wonder where the nearest Waffle House to the Keys is....

Joh, if you have never been, you HAVE TO make time for a visit! I am so happy Jeff invited us, the waffles were just wonderful! :thumbsup2

OOH, Waffle house another great spot. They all over the place here! I don't care much for their waffles, but their eggs & hash browns are wonderful. Dinner is good there also!:goodvibes

OOH, Waffle house another great spot. They all over the place here! I don't care much for their waffles, but their eggs & hash browns are wonderful. Dinner is good there also!:goodvibes

We really enjoyed our visit to the Waffle House and will definitely return this summer. Thanks for giving me more ideas on what to order next time! :thumbsup2

Day 25, September 6

Wolfgang Puck's Express

Once we had said our sad goodbyes to the Fishermans, Tom and I did some shopping, before we returned to Downtown Disney for lunch with some new DISfriends, Doris (Wicket's Mom) and her husband.

IMG_2528.jpg

When we arrived they were already sitting at one of the outside tables of Wolfgang Puck's Express.
Tom and I placed our orders, picked up our number and our drinks and joined them.

Tom had the

IMG_2525.jpg

Meatball and Peppers Pizza - house-made meatballs, mozzarella, fontina and tomato basil-garlic sauce. All of Wolfgang's pizzas are thin crust and the toppings are really nice. The meatballs were tasty and the blend of cheeses and tomato sauce added to it as well. He really enjoyed it.

I went for my all time favourite, the

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2524.jpg

Four Cheese Pesto Pizza - Parmesan, mozzarella, fontina, goat cheese, plum tomatoes, fresh basil, sun-tomatoes.
It has just the right amount and right blend of cheeses, topped with delicious pesto and tomato slices and some very nice goats cheese! :cloud9: :cloud9:

Next up - California Grill

The Four Cheese Pesto Pizza at WPE is my favorite too, but that Meatball pizza looks AMAZING!!!! I MUST try that next time. Great pics!

The Four Cheese Pesto Pizza at WPE is my favorite too, but that Meatball pizza looks AMAZING!!!! I MUST try that next time. Great pics!

I always have to have the Four Cheese Pesto at least once per trip. :thumbsup2 and the Meatball pizza was really yummy! Tom loved it a lot. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter