Surprise Swap...Spoiler Alert!

Hi Michelle,
I am notorious for not cleaning out my box! I will do that today.
I may just take you up on that offer for mailing. I plan on doing all my cutting and then piecing everything together while the kiddos are napping at the preschool so I most likely will be done.
Also, although I am not in that group, just an fyi, could you check your 9B group, I think your saying make 3 but you have 5 peeps in that group. Could just be my old eyes.
My groups are great and all set to go!
Love this swap, its in my top 3 faves.

PS~ for the grab bags, it would be 2 mats and 2 jb's or tags or whatever, right?
Thank you for hosting!:hippie:

Hi Michelle,
I may just take you up on that offer for mailing. I plan on doing all my cutting and then piecing everything together while the kiddos are napping at the preschool so I most likely will be done.
Also, although I am not in that group, just an fyi, could you check your 9B group, I think your saying make 3 but you have 5 peeps in that group. Could just be my old eyes.
Love this swap, its in my top 3 faves.

PS~ for the grab bags, it would be 2 mats and 2 jb's or tags or whatever, right?
Thank you for hosting!:hippie:

Thank you, I fixed 9B. People keep adding to that group and I forgot ;) Two elements from the list for the grab bag group so two mats and 2 jbs would work. You can also mix up and do two mats, one tag, and one jb if you would like. As long as it equals two elements off the list. Hope that helps. Send me a PM with your address and I will send you mind in return once you clean out your box.;)

Hi Michelle,
Love this swap, its in my top 3 faves.:

I am a preschool teacher too! I had my own class of nine older three/young fours! I absolutely loved it. I broke my leg last June and have been out of work and Simce. I miss my class and those kids every single day. Anyway, I read your post and I used to do the same thing.... Cut stuff out at home and assemble at work during map time! I got so much stuff done.
Stephanie

Could anyone please direct me to a Sketch website that you use/like?
I have never done shetches before and I am ready to try it but am having difficulty finding where to turn on my own. Thanks!

Catinthehat~ I am a substitute/float/fill in preschool teacher which means Im not responsible for lesson plans and all of that so I dont even have to feel guilty when Im working on scrapping!:) I plan on doing alot for this swap in the next week when Im at work for 4 days!

Michelle, I wanted to let you know that my grandmother is in the final stage of terminal cancer. I may not be online much in the next couple of weeks, but wanted to let you know that I am working on these pieces. I have several groups designed and a few set up in scal. I'll keep working on them as circumstance allow. Please feel free to text me if needed.

I'm so sorry ..... I think I failed to reply earlier ...... I've been "offline" for a few days ..... :rolleyes1

Yes - my groups look good!! Thank you :goodvibes

Could anyone please direct me to a Sketch website that you use/like?
I have never done shetches before and I am ready to try it but am having difficulty finding where to turn on my own. Thanks!

my favorite is http://sketchsavvy.blogspot.com/

Michelle, I wanted to let you know that my grandmother is in the final stage of terminal cancer. I may not be online much in the next couple of weeks, but wanted to let you know that I am working on these pieces. I have several groups designed and a few set up in scal. I'll keep working on them as circumstance allow. Please feel free to text me if needed.

So sorry to hear this!! No problem :goodvibes If you need an angel, let me know!

I'm so sorry ..... I think I failed to reply earlier ...... I've been "offline" for a few days ..... :rolleyes1

Yes - my groups look good!! Thank you :goodvibes
No problem!! It is good!!

Sheila will keep your grandmother and family in our prayers :hug:

Rita I also like sketchsupport.com .... its the site Annie uses for our sketch swaps...has a TON of single and double page LO's!

I've got one group finished and paper pulled for my other group :thumbsup2

I have one more quick question. If I do a title and do it in squares, how large should I make it? I was thinking like 4 inches but then thought that may be to much. :confused3

I have one more quick question. If I do a title and do it in squares, how large should I make it? I was thinking like 4 inches but then thought that may be to much. :confused3

I think four inches would probably be fine if the the whole title fits in the square, You might want to cut the letters out first and judge how big the square needs to be according to the size of the title? It might even need to be a little bigger?? If you are doing a title with each individual letter in a square, then four inches is probably too big. I hope I answered your question, if not let me know.

Sheila, prayers for your grandmother.

About Sketches~ do we need to provide info on where we found the info, what sizes of things are. Any info any one could provide would be great as I am a newbie to this. My head is screaming "Back OUt" but i dont want to.
Does the sketch site you reccommended provide detwils or just photos?
I found one I like and I think I can wing it.
Thanks!

Sheila, prayers for your grandmother.

About Sketches~ do we need to provide info on where we found the info, what sizes of things are. Any info any one could provide would be great as I am a newbie to this. My head is screaming "Back OUt" but i dont want to.
Does the sketch site you reccommended provide detwils or just photos?
I found one I like and I think I can wing it.
Thanks!

No info on where you found the sketch is needed. Both the websites Lisa and I mentioned, show you a black/white blank sketch ( the sketch has measurements, etc.). Then they show you examples of pages completed off the sketch, and you make the sketch your own. The only requirement is to please list the photo sizes on the back of the page, and the base should be cardstock so it is solid for mailing.

Here is an example I have uploaded from an old challenge. Here is a sketch.
desktop.png

Here is what I came up with
IMG_6182.jpg

You can see how I didn't follow the sketch exactly (changed number of circles, changed one of the photo sizes, added a guitar, added an arrow, etc.) You can make the sketch you use to guide you, but make changes as needed to fit your needs/theme. You can choose to do one side of a two page layout too if you can not find a one page sketch you like.

Hope that helps ;) It is easier than it seems when you jump into it! It can be confusing at first, but I am sure you will do fine.

Thank you Michelle! I will get this. I will try your patience first though!
Very cute page.
I have to go back and look at what I found again becase I really like it and hopefully they do have the dimensions.
Thanks again!
(PS~ Ive never heard of that attraction at WDW. Is it new? We were last there in 2008).

Thank you Michelle! I will get this. I will try your patience first though!
Very cute page.
I have to go back and look at what I found again becase I really like it and hopefully they do have the dimensions.
Thanks again!
(PS~ Ive never heard of that attraction at WDW. Is it new? We were last there in 2008).

No problem! If you found a sketch and do not know the dimensions, you can make the photo sizes what you want then ;)

The TL Speedway? It is not new, it is an original ride that was there when MK opened. It is right next to Space Mountain. If you google TL Speedway, I am sure you will see a picture and recognize it. I believe it was called TL Indy Speedway, but they dropped the word Indy out of the title a few years ago.

If you are talking about the attraction in my layout, that is not WDW-:rotfl:

Thanks ladies for the love and support! Michelle, I don't think I'll need an angel. I have several groups designed and the deadline is still several weeks away. I was more worried about missing the check-in in a couple of weeks.

Rita, I love using sketches and both of the sites mentioned are great! Have fun with them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter