Survey on DCL website

I have poor eyesight. Paper is far easier for me to read than my phone. I'm not looking forward to squinting at my phone multiple times a day or asking my children to read it out to me (which is probably what will end up happening).

You need to get the DCL app installed on your Fire like we discussed in that other thread.

You need to get the DCL app installed on your Fire like we discussed in that other thread.

I tried. I could never make it work. I get an error message, "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server." This led me to something IP addresses and rooting your system. :( I may ask around and see if someone has an old iPad I can borrow.

I tried. I could never make it work. I get an error message, "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server." This led me to something IP addresses and rooting your system. :( I may ask around and see if someone has an old iPad I can borrow.

Hmm. I did it several times and never had a problem. You don't need to root, btw. :confused3

Hmm. I did it several times and never had a problem. You don't need to root, btw. :confused3

Many people like to root their devices to get rid of restrictions that they dont like. Jailbreaking Apple devices was the only way I was able to use them. I have since changed to Android.

Many people like to root their devices to get rid of restrictions that they dont like. Jailbreaking Apple devices was the only way I was able to use them. I have since changed to Android.

@darnheather and I had been part of another thread discussing Kindle Fire tablets, and how the DCL app is not available through the Amazon App Store. It is possible to install the Google Play store on a Kindle Fire without jail-breaking or rooting it, thus allowing you to download most Android tablet apps, including the DCL app.

Unfortunately, it sounds like she was not able to get it to work.

My Apologies for being off topic, but I was having the same trouble reading things on small screens, and for that matter, "small" text.

Turns out what I needed, was Bifocals. Magically, the font is bigger and clearer again!

Not saying that is the case for you, @darnheather , but it took me like 2 years to realize that was the cause of my problem, so I figured I'd mention it, just in case someone else might see themselves in me, and realize that is their solution too.

My Apologies for being off topic, but I was having the same trouble reading things on small screens, and for that matter, "small" text.

Turns out what I needed, was Bifocals. Magically, the font is bigger and clearer again!

Not saying that is the case for you, @darnheather , but it took me like 2 years to realize that was the cause of my problem, so I figured I'd mention it, just in case someone else might see themselves in me, and realize that is their solution too.
I just make the display larger on my smart phone. Zoom in and I'm good to go.

NO a thousand times NO. I do not want to be connected when I'm on vacation. This is part of the reason I loved the cruise. I'm online too much as it is in real life. I don't want to talk to anyone on the phone and I sure as heck don't want to check email on vacation.

Then don't log on. Did I miss part of the survey where they said it was mandatory to use wifi on the ship?

Toss me in the no wifi club as well. That's why we cruise. You pay that much, disconnect and enjoy it. I saw one lady in front of me at the shows shopping on QVC on her phone instead of enjoying the show. I hope they never offer free Wifi because then I'd be too tempted to join it. I give everyone the emergency number and call it done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter