Survivor : Gabon Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've emailed CBS a couple of times before and never even got a form response back. I wasn't planning on even trying it again this time. Our best bet is probably to storm the Survivor forums on CBS.com.

Have fun storming the forums!

Roo Rockin' Matty_D is playing too... I'm posting for him since he hasn't yet... :rolleyes1

Did you all know that our very own Matty is one of the Survivors? ;)

Wait... he can't play! CHEAT!

uh unless your login situation has improved... how we gonna play?

uh unless your login situation has improved... how we gonna play?

I think everyone should post their picks (with corresponding bonus point categories) here before the show airs on the East coast. That way if they don't do the game this week, we can do a manual count over the weekend from the episode video posted on the CBS web site.

*For Example:
Kelly - Gets Naked
Michelle - Gets Naked
Jessica - Gets Naked
Gillian - Gets Naked

*not my actual picks

Failure to post your picks before Thursday 8pm EST will result in your picks from the previous week being used for scoring again. Editing the post containing your picks after after that time will result in you getting a big fat 0 for the week. We'll use the same categories and scoring methods as CBS.

It used to be that they didn't score the first episode anyway. Even if it's not working by tomorrow, it could be in time for next week. I'm keeping my hopes up but how does this sound for a "plan b?"

OK, so off I went to "storm the forums" only to find a lot of other very frustrated people already beat me to it. I was reading everyone's posts and it seems everyone is having the same problems. Many people have left feedback and gotten no response. One suggestion to the problem of not being able to see the people to select your team was to be sure to delete any CBS cookies stored in your computer and then try.

One poster did some research and came up with some phone numbers for CBS. He suggests calling instead of relying on internet message boards that CBS probably never reads anyhow... "phone # in California is 1-323-575-2345 and New York is 1-212-975-4321." I imagine if CBS's phone rings off the hook for the next 24 hours, maybe they might get something done? Or maybe not....

Anyhow, have fun "storming the forums"!
(Have fun storming the castle!... you have been mostly dead all day...)

I think everyone should post their picks (with corresponding bonus point categories) here before the show airs on the East coast. That way if they don't do the game this week, we can do a manual count over the weekend from the episode video posted on the CBS web site.

*For Example:
Kelly - Gets Naked
Michelle - Gets Naked
Jessica - Gets Naked
Gillian - Gets Naked

*not my actual picks

Failure to post your picks before Thursday 8pm EST will result in your picks from the previous week being used for scoring again. Editing the post containing your picks after after that time will result in you getting a big fat 0 for the week. We'll use the same categories and scoring methods as CBS.

It used to be that they didn't score the first episode anyway. Even if it's not working by tomorrow, it could be in time for next week. I'm keeping my hopes up but how does this sound for a "plan b?"

my actual picks
teamplayers.jpg

and they better not be naked! egad!:confused:

One poster did some research and came up with some phone numbers for CBS. He suggests calling instead of relying on internet message boards that CBS probably never reads anyhow... "phone # in California is 1-323-575-2345 and New York is 1-212-975-4321." I imagine if CBS's phone rings off the hook for the next 24 hours, maybe they might get something done? Or maybe not....

I called the CA number. A guy picked up and said "CBS." I don't know what that number goes too but it rang straight to a human being which is strange for a company as large as CBS.

So anyway, he said there would be an announcement about the Fantasy League during the series premiere. I tried to press him for more information about when the Fantasy League site might actually work and he seemed to be getting impatient with me. He definently gave me no indication that there might not be a Fantasy League this year so I'm going to guess they just aren't scoring the first episode.

I'd still suggest going with Plan B (see previous post). If they get it running for next week we can consider our premiere episode scores as good practice for the real thing. :thumbsup2

*For Example:
Kelly - Gets Naked
Michelle - Gets Naked
Jessica - Gets Naked
Gillian - Gets Naked

*not my actual picks

Wishful thinking there?

Since this is the first week, if any player does not post his/her picks on the DIS before 8 p.m. EST tomorrow will automatically get a ZERO for the first week. Correct?

Hopefully, by next week the CBS Fantasy League will be up and running properly. :thumbsup2

my actual picks
teamplayers.jpg

and they better not be naked! egad!:confused:

I'm confused... four players, but only 3 bonuses. Can you be a little more clear?

ETA: Oh wait... think you have...

Bob - Catches a Fish
Randy - Coconut
Gillian - Coconut
Susie - Sings a Song

Correct??

I called the CA number. A guy picked up and said "CBS." I don't know what that number goes too but it rang straight to a human being which is strange for a company as large as CBS.

So anyway, he said there would be an announcement about the Fantasy League during the series premiere. I tried to press him for more information about when the Fantasy League site might actually work and he seemed to be getting impatient with me. He definently gave me no indication that there might not be a Fantasy League this year so I'm going to guess they just aren't scoring the first episode.

I'd still suggest going with Plan B (see previous post). If they get it running for next week we can consider our premiere episode scores as good practice for the real thing. :thumbsup2

Sounds like the guy you spoke with didn't have a clue as to the real reason why you were calling.... We don't care that there will be a Fantasy League this year... we don't care that it's been advertised... and sponsored.... We just want the stinking website to work!

Pete, I suggest you begin a new thread to compile our picks since you're not the OP of this one. Type up a list of all the DIS players (should be 18 now) and as ppl post their team WITH BONUSES you can then begin to fill it in. It will be obvious at a quick glance who still needs to post... We can send a quick reminder if needed... but by tomorrow if you don't post, you get a BIG FAT Zero! :dance3:

Some of you have already posted your team, but you need to post your bonus info as well. You get to pick ONE bonus item for each of your players.

I'm curious...before I assign my bonus points, are there even coconuts in Gabon???? :confused3

Also, anyone have the scoop on whether tomorrow's premiere includes ONE boot or TWO?? My picks are dependent upon knowing that. :dance3:

Bob - Catches a Fish
Randy - Coconut
Gillian - Coconut
Susie - Sings a Song

Correct.

I figure Randy and Gillian are true scouts!
as long as they all stay dressed!:laughing:

My Team
Here is your Current Team:

Bob (coconuts)

Marcus (fish)

Gillian (song)

Crystal (coconuts)

OK, I think I have everything up to this point. Please post your picks from this point on, in the new thread. It will be easier for me to maintain that way.

Thanks. :grouphug:

Since I am a Fantasy Survivor newbie, is it possible someone be so kind as to lead me in the direction where I can find all the activities I assign to my players? Catch a fish? Coconut? Get naked? What if they catch a fish with a coconut while naked? :confused3

If I want to take Pink out I need to be sure I understand the point system. Thanks! :dance3:

Anyhow, have fun "storming the forums"!
(Have fun storming the castle!... you have been mostly dead all day...)

(You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles. :bride:)

Since I am a Fantasy Survivor newbie, is it possible someone be so kind as to lead me in the direction where I can find all the activities I assign to my players? Catch a fish? Coconut? Get naked? What if they catch a fish with a coconut while naked? :confused3

If I want to take Pink out I need to be sure I understand the point system. Thanks! :dance3:

(You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles. :bride:)

The bonus activity selection is NOT working on the CBS site, so you will just have to post on the other Survivor thread which bonus you are attaching to each of your players.

You may only pick ONE bonus per player. Therefore, if someone catches a fish while naked... you will get points only if you had "Fish" selected or "Naked" selected. You're out of luck if you had "Coconut" selected.

And.... you only get the bonus once. If a Survivor gets naked 3x during the episode (and you had the appropriate bonus selected), you will get scored once for it (30 points).

Clear??

Just pick "Swims" as a bonus for each of your players, See, and you'll be all set to take me out. Heh.

(no such bonus.. move along, folks)

Been doing some more digging and just found this email from a spokesperson at CBS..

Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 2:27:10 PM
Subject: RE: Major Problem: Survivor Fantasy Board is broken!!!!!
Thanks for the note. We are planning on rolling out tribes and making patches (including the registration bug) to the game this evening. We are so very sorry for the issues. We are doing everything we can to make the fixes to the game and get this straightened out.

Hopefully, that means we'll be able to pick our tribes tomorrow and assign bonuses before the first episode is aired.

Please still post your team/bonus, however, just in case CBS does not follow through...

Just pick "Swims" as a bonus for each of your players, See, and you'll be all set to take me out. Heh.

(no such bonus.. move along, folks)

Hmmm...already trying to cheat. :sad2:

So there is a specific list of actions I can choose from?

See (who doesn't really want to read all of the Official Rules)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter