• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Day Three: The Girls first visit to a Bar!

As all great parents do, we took Morgan and Gwen to there first bar expierence!

We headed over to the Cantina to get checked in.
Canina Entrance

There was a small line to check in. But nothing too bad.

Cantina
As they were bringing us in, I snapped a picture of this. It was some sort of hostess stand stuff inside. I loved that they hid it.

And soon enough we were inside!
Oga's
They put us at the main bar but at a low area. Probably designed for wheelchairs. Which was perfect for the girls.

We had a perfect view of DJ Rex!
DJ Rex
I LOVED the music they created for in here. It was a bit loud but I still loved it.

Inside the Oga's

Oga's Family
There was a certain level of excitiment inside! Everyone was so happy to be there. So were we!

We ordered some drinks to start.

Jedi Mind Trick
Andy ordered the Jedi Mind Trick.
Jedi Mind Trick
Ketel One Botanical Grapefruit and Rose Vodka, John D. Taylor's Velvet Falernum, Bols Blue Curaçao, White Grape Juice, Lime Juice, and Grapefruit Bitters
I don't think he loved it but didn't hate it.

I went with the Fuzzy Tauntan
Fuzzy Tauntan
Fuzzy Tauntan
Cîroc Peach Vodka, Bols Peach Schnapps, Simply® Orange with Tangerine, Pure Cane Sugar, and "Buzz Button Tingling" Foam
I really liked this. I mean it is basically a Peach Schnapps drink but the foam on top makes it so unique and different. And it did really make my lips numb. I mean not like at the dentist office... but so fun!

Gwen really wanted the Porge Cup, so she ordered the Cliff Dweller
Gwen's Porg Drink
Cliff Dweller - Citrus Juices, Coconut, Hibiscus-Grenadine, and Seagram's® Ginger Ale
She really liked this, and I don't know if she realized it had Ginger Ale in it. She was just super excitied to get the cup.

Morgan went with the Jabba Juice.
Jabba Juice - Simply® Orange with Pineapple, Kiwi, Cantaloupe, and Blueberry Popping Pearls
Pretty sure she picked it mostly for the popping pearls. She liked it enough.

Our Drinks
And from this pic, looks like Morgan drank all of her drink first!

Ogas
Gwen was trying to get a good pic of her drink but the lighted bar top made it hard photograph them. Which is why my fuzzy tauntan picture is so dark.

Cantina Coaster
The coasters are fun too. We collected a handful of them. We came in and they layed 4 out. We took those, so then they gave us more when they brought our drinks...

The girls were hungry, so we also ordered Mustafarian Lava Roll.
Mustafarian Lava Roll
Mustafarian Lava Roll - sweet galactic snack

It was basically a cinnamon roll which was perfectly fine for them! It hit the spot for them both.
Morgan trying the Mustafarian Lava Roll

Andy also ordered the Blue Bantha Milk.
Blue Bantha
Blue Bantha - Blue Milk served chilled with Bantha-inspired Vanilla-Butter Sugar Cookie

How did this taste... this.... well, Gwen's face kind of says it all
Trying the Blue Milk

It could have been better but not absolutely disgusting.
Trying the Blue Milk

We all agreed that it wasn't our favorite. Andy and I didn't get a second drink, it was a bit too early for me to have had two drinks. But we loved our time in there.

It is loud and you do have to mostly stand. Which is by design I am sure, as people would def just spend hours in there.

We paid the tab and collected a clean version of Gwen's cup and took a lap around the area before heading out.

Cantina Pet
Which I am glad we did. We got to see the creature in the aquarium.

Drink Signs
And some of the bar "menu"

I highly recommend everyone going to Oga's at least once. It is def an experience that helps complete the land. Drinks aren't cheap but I feel like you are paying for being in there a little bit. Andy said he wished that they had a character or two roam in and out every once in awhile. And maybe they will one day. Who knows!

Up next we finally ride the ride!

Looks like an awesome trip so far 😁 I won't be going back to Disney until Summer 2021 so hoping against hope that Galaxy's Edge calms down just a little by then.

Your GE preview morning sounded great! It was nice to see the uncrowded pictures of the land, because nowadays I only ever see it busy.
Good to know Oga's adds to the experience. I honestly thought I'd skip it when I eventually make it there, but maybe now I'll give it a try.

As I unpacked a litte. I grabbed the Tinkerbell bag. And literally threw the pj’s in the closet in the bathroom area.

Im just joining the trip report! I’m a fellow Star Wars momma and we leave in 35 days and this is just the cutest idea ever! Will be using it. Can’t wait to play catch up on the rest of the report lol

Your GE preview morning sounded great! It was nice to see the uncrowded pictures of the land, because nowadays I only ever see it busy.
Good to know Oga's adds to the experience. I honestly thought I'd skip it when I eventually make it there, but maybe now I'll give it a try
I feel so so so lucky that this event feel on our already planned trip.

I do think that half your children may like Oga's and the other half may not.... It is loud in there and you will more than likely have to stand. It can be overwhelming. There is a lot to look at and the DJ is autoanimatronic is fun to watch. And they do have a number of fun non-alcholic drinks which is nice. You would def know best. But it is a great place.

Im just joining the trip report!
Welcome!!! Glad to have you here!

I’m a fellow Star Wars momma
YEAH!!! Do you have boys or girls? Did you guys watch the first Clone Wars episode?

we leave in 35 days and this is just the cutest idea ever! Will be using it. Can’t wait to play catch up on the rest of the report lol
The idea started when my girls were little and I wanted to avoid buying a million princess dresses. And has moved into shirts to wear in the park and other items. Sadly my oldest isn't into it as much. I also used to leave a full note from Tinkerbell with some rules for the trip. Things like if one person has to go to the bathroom everyone goes. Staying with the adults, if someone is tired and crabby we go back to the hotel and rest. Those kind of things. It helped having it come from Tinkerbell and not me!

How do you make these? These are so cool! Also I LOVED all the photos from Galaxy’s edge thank you so much. That marketplace wow
Just in Power Point! Google the size of your phone and make the sheet size that size. To find images you want, you google Say Yoda no backround or Yoda png and you will find some images with no backround on it. My husband used to set them up at first but I have taken over with them. They really help keep track of your fast passes. I make it my lock screen for each day so I am not opening up the app a million times to remember the times.

YEAH!!! Do you have boys or girls? Did you guys watch the first Clone Wars episode?

I have a little girl, age 7! I’m a huge original trilogy fan, and have not watched clone wars. Maizy is my daughters name, and she loves that I love it but I never thought of having her watch clone wars to maybe get more into it! I actually have boba fett tattooed on my thigh, because I’m THAT person 😂.

have a little girl, age 7! I’m a huge original trilogy fan, and have not watched clone wars. Maizy is my daughters name, and she loves that I love it but I never thought of having her watch clone wars to maybe get more into it!
I would suggest the Rebels Cartoon Series for Maizy. My girls LOVED it and it has 2 female characters for her to relate to. And they liked the cartoon version as a good start.

And you HAVE to ride the MF! Just being in the cockpit is enough for the big fans. And it sounds like you have enough people that you would probably get a pilot spot, but if now you can ask to wait. And it is worth it to be in that front row.

I am going to keep this portion of the trip moving with our adventures in Galaxy's Edge...

Day Three: Riding the Millennium Falcon!

We left Oga's and took a quick bathroom break and then headed straight to Millennium Falcon!
MF Heading IN
You get some great views of the Falcon as you wait in line.

MF In Line
In we go!!

The wait was posted at half and hour when we went in.
Que Ramp
Alot of the que was open, but we tried to take in everything as we walked.

Que Sabac
A little cross merchandising... Anybody up for some Sabac?

Que Closet

Que
More cross merchandising... Popcorn Anyone?

The que has a large engine in the middle
Que Engine
And you hear people talking about fixing it and what not. Which is fun.

Que Window
As you get higher and higher, they give you other views of the Falcon.

Untitled

Que Gwen Pretending
There is also a spot along the way, where you can make it look like you are flying.

Before too long we were in the pre-show room with Hondo.
Hondo
Hondo is from the Clone Wars and Rebels Cartoons. So, we knew who he was. I don't think you need to know who he is exactly to still enjoy the ride but I def think it enhances the expierence if you know him.

Hondo and droid
The girls wanted this to be Chopper, a droid from Rebels but he is def not.

The Pre-Show is nice and I find less annoying than the Ummmmm guy in Flight of Passage.

We were lead out of the room and down a narrow hallway. At the front of this line, you are given your assignments, Pilot, Gunner and Engineer. We took whatever we were given this time. We didn't care. We ended up with Gunners and Engineers. We were paired with a Dad and Daughter who were the pilots.

We were then let into the Chess Room, (or at least that is what I call it).

This room is a little chaotic!!! The cards you are given has colors on it and there are a number of people in the room. Most are trying to get that covetted pic with the Chess Table but you have to find someone to take the picture for you.

I don't know how long the wait is in there these days but today, it was VERY short! And we had a family take our picture and we were going to take theirs but our color was called before we could return the favor. I felt bad, but they call your color and you need to go!

Chess Table
My eyes look like this, because they were literally calling our color as they were snapping the picture!

Waiting for our First Ride
The dad and daughter were so cute and a perfect pair to ride with for our first ride!

They line you up by job and send you in.

And then this happened!
Andy OMG
I told you to get used to that face

Andy inside
Childhood dream completed for Andy... Well kind of...

Right before we ride
There is another short video to watch while you wait for your turn.

And then we were in!!!!
Gwen First Ride
Gwen was ready!

Untitled
Still super excitied.

Our first ride was so fun! Andy spent most of it just soaking it in. Andy and Gwen were gunners and me and Morgan were Engineers. And Andy wasn't shooting anything, as he was just in awe and watching. And Morgan was just yelling at him "Daddy SHOOOOOTTT!!!!" It was hilarious.

And the Dad and Daughter worked really well together to fly and were so cute!

We walked off the ride amazed and on cloud nine! When we got off the wait was still fairly short so we got back in line.

Hondo w MF
Back in line again!

OMG x2
Andy was still flabergasted by being in the Millennium Falcon.

Making of the OMG Photo
I snapped a photo of him being flabbergasted. He He.

Here we go!
Here we go!

Since we got the Chess Photo the first time, I tried to snap different photos.
Gwen Chess Room

And not too long we were ready for ride #2.
Untitled

This time we asked for Pilot. They just have you stand against the wall and call the rest of the folks they need. We had no problem asking for it.

This time Morgan and Gwen were Pilots and Andy and I were Gunners.
Gwen

Gwen driving
The girls LOVED driving.

Gwen Flying

3rd Ride: Morgan Flying
Morgan was able to Jump us to LIght Speed!

Morgan Flying

Remember how I said Andy would just watch...
Andy watching

The girls did pretty good driving. At one point Gwen did hit something, and she just yelled out "Sorry" in her little squeeky voice. It was pretty funny and the couple behind us thought it was hilarious.

I think we got 2 coaxiums... There is scoring as well, but I have not idea how it works.

M&G on MF
Andy made the girls stand for a picture. And you could tell the CM really wanted to say keep moving but he didn't.

Again it was super fun, and def different expierence depending on your role and who you are with.

After our First Ride
After a successful second ride!

Rathtar
Check out for the Rath Tar on the way out!

After another great ride, we needed to ride one more time, so Andy could be the pilot!

The line was longer at this point, the line was starting outside this time, so we knew this would be our last time riding as it was 10:55, and technically our time was up at noon.

Que

The outside area def isn't as intresting as inside.

Que
But still some fun items to look at.

Que
This is a good photo spot, but for some reason the line moves around this corner fast...

Que

Soon enough we were back inside the que.
Que Inside

And back in the Chess Room
Chess Room

We had to request Pilot again, and had to wait with another family. The area there is a very narrow hallway and it is tight with people waiting and trying to get the numbers that they need. It will be intresting the busier this ride gets. The good news, is waiting to be pilots doesn't take too long.

Chess Room
Gwen climbed up on this. And I had to tell her to get down, but since she was already there, I of course snapped a picture...

Que
It was finally time for our last ride!

Andy and Morgan were the pilots and Gwen and I were gunners.

Second Ride: Andy Flying

Andy

Andy Flying
NOW his Childhood dream had been completed!

I think there are benefits to each of the roles. Pilot is obviously the most interactive. And mostly what people want. But I don't think the ride is ruined if you aren't a Pilot. I actually perfer to be Gunner or Engineer. As with those 2 roles, you can kind of watch and expierence the ride more. If you have motion sickness, Def be gunner or engineer, I think being a little farther away from the screen will help.

I do think who you are with will effect your ride experience. When Andy I were there by ourselves we rode and took what we got, and we ended up as Engineers with a family of 4. And they let the 2 kids drive which is fine but the kids were LITTLE!!! And the poor kid couldn't even reach the leverl to pull for Light Speed! Which FYI, you go to Light Speed whetehr or not you pull that lever. It was cute and we were fine as we had ridden it a handful of times already, but I could see how if that was your first time, it would be a little disapointing.

Ok, was that enough about the ride?!?! Up next MORE Galaxy's Edge.... (if you can believe it)

You sure did a lot in your preview morning!! Isn't Oga's fun?! I have had the Yub Nub and the Tauntaun now and loved them both. A bit loud for me, but as you say, it's good to go at least once to experience it.

I too like the area's detailing despite not being a huge SW fan in general. Seeing it through new eyes adds a fun level of excitement for sure!

Ugh I lost all my quotes somehow but your GE preview sounds awesome! I can see how the land would be a dream come true for fans.

I didn't realize you're able to ask to wait to be pilots! I thought you just had to accept your fate lol.

And I agree with Andy- they should have characters walking around the cantina. Even if you can't take pictures with them and they just walk around for atmosphere, I think it would help justify the cost of the drinks.

Hi Ariella! I'm all caught up now!!

My Passholder Shirt
Andy was particulary proud of his shirt gift...
Cute shirt!

I left us off heading to dinner. But I forgot to mention that we found our Mickey Ears on the bed like this.
That is so adorable!

Warm Manchego and Oaxaca Cheese Dip
chorizo, poblano peppers, tortilla chips

OMG! This was soooo good. I dream about it. Morgan even tried it and liked it alot and got her to try 2 other cheese dips over the course of the trip.
Yum that looks amazing!
Our waiter mentioned that he want to Galaxy's Edge, probably because he over heard our conversation. CM previews were finishing up and he was raving about it. And Morgan and Gwen were loving all the info he was telling them. So, Andy decided to tell the girls that we were going to go to Galaxy's Edge!!!

Morgan LOST ... HER ... MIND !!!! She was soooo excited.
Aww that's so cute!
Untitled
Our official plan for the day!
Wow did you make this pictoral plan yourself or is there an app for this?
Has anyone watched the Disney Wedding show? I am watching it now on Disney Plus while I type this up. And OMG! i know these people got this stuff for the show. But how amazing!!! The first couple had a private Happily Ever After Fireworks show!!! AMAZING!!!!!
OMG I was just saying that is so cool! I keep telling Chunkysis to apply for the show even though she's leaps away from getting married but by the time they screen her she may be!! hahaha. I want to go to a Disney fairytale wedding!!!

48620143506_70496a7a04_z.jpg
DisMeet
LOVE this picture and all of you guys!!
We got stuck at the fox pushing the bear. They even turned the lights on and a CM walked by. And then back again. (at least I think that was this time) But after awhile it looks a little suggestive… Somebody may have noticed it sooner than others.... @kastoney
Splash - Be
Hahahaha
48620284642_29d08dfbfa_z.jpg
Space Mountain Ride Photo
Looks like S&M mountain, LMAO
Buffalo Chicken Tater Tots
I love these! Buffalo Chicken Tator Tots! I am admittly a sucker for anything buffalo and realistically they are just tator tots with buffalo chicken. But still! Andy and I split this.
OOh looks interesting, we always get the other one, the bacon and cheese pub tots.
Dis Meet
@pepperandchips, @ariane37 and her husband Steve and @kastoney and her family!
Aww love this pic too
Anything Goes

This was my new favorite drink!
I've tried that and it's so good!
Tiny Towels
They did bring out these tiny towels to use after eating the ribs. They were so cute and warm!
I love the tiny towels!
For dinner, Morgan ordered the kids Ramen. Which I also have no picture of. But Morgan really enjoyed this. And if we came back, I think Gwen would order this now as well. Ramen has become a staple in our house lately.
Ramen is the best!
Untitled by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

It was still really good! But the rice didn't really get crispy on the outside. I would try it again, though.
I really liked this too. It's definitely good when the rice is crispy!
48643583138_3fd66d939b_z.jpg
Tinkerbell's Star Wars Gifts
I have the same Summer Camp t-shirt!
We were all SUPER excitied and had alot of antipation for this! Which was great! I love that we are seasoned Disney Peps. But it was nice to be experiencing something new and to be this excitied again!
My exact feelings for all the new stuff recently plus all that is to come!
The moment Andy has been waiting his whole life for...

Untitled
He didn't cry but was def in awe and amazement by it. (Also get used to this face...)
Haha I might have teared up a bit. But I like Andy's Millenium Falcon Face!
1st Photo Spot
They kind of moved you down a line of photographers.
Oh so cool! I did not get this magic shot.
As all great parents do, we took Morgan and Gwen to there first bar expierence!
Well on Batuu I hear the drinking age is much younger...
Andy and I didn't get a second drink, it was a bit too early for me to have had two drinks. But we loved our time in there.
Wow I can't believe me, the lightweight, got two drinks at like 9:30am LOL. I certainly couldn't drink anything after!
I highly recommend everyone going to Oga's at least once. It is def an experience that helps complete the land. Drinks aren't cheap but I feel like you are paying for being in there a little bit. Andy said he wished that they had a character or two roam in and out every once in awhile. And maybe they will one day. Who knows!
That would be so cool for them to have charaters roaming around!!!
The Pre-Show is nice and I find less annoying than the Ummmmm guy in Flight of Passage.
Oh for sure!! Umm guy has to go.
Andy inside
Childhood dream completed for Andy... Well kind of...
Falcon Face stikes back!
And the Dad and Daughter worked really well together to fly and were so cute!
Aww so sweet.

I am back! We are back from our most recent trip! And for better or worse, we don't have any trips planned for the future. So, I a can focus on my updates and keep this trip report moving!

How do you feel about this? I am always so mixed if i dont have a trip planned...

XXXXXX\
Our plans for the day.

OMG this is to cute do you so this for every day??

So, we headed to the main lobby and called an uber. Our uber driver last time we went to Hollywood Studios dropped us off in the parking lot by mistake, so when this one dropped us off in the right spot. It was TOTALLY worth it. We were right at the front gate.

So amazing when they drop you off right there, its so close and so nice!

We were all SUPER excitied and had alot of antipation for this! Which was great! I love that we are seasoned Disney Peps. But it was nice to be experiencing something new and to be this excitied again!

So true, its so nice to try and do something new! I love doing my favs but it is also nice to experience something new and be surprised a bit!

Blue Bantha - Blue Milk served chilled with Bantha-inspired Vanilla-Butter Sugar Cookie

HAHA these picture cracked me up! I can not bring myself to try this, i don't know why but the thought of it just doesn't sit well with me!

I don't know how long the wait is in there these days but today, it was VERY short! And we had a family take our picture and we were going to take theirs but our color was called before we could return the favor. I felt bad, but they call your color and you need to go!

This week it was so fast, we asked to take a picture and i swear we didn't even have anytime! Less then last time, we had FP and i feel like it was so quick , i was actually surprised we didn't spend more time in the preshow or anything!

All the pictures here are great its so nice to see everyone loving it so much!

I do agree that who is flying makes a huge difference! Appaently if you fly well there is another scene? Not sure if that is true, but we did rider swap this week and this is what i was told..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter