What an amazing time you all were having in Galaxy's Edge!! Glad you got to ride 3 times and also enjoy the cantina!! Love all the photos, especially seeing how excited Andy was!!

Wow, you sure got a lot into your preview time!! I was so sick on our DHS day in December that we ended up cancelling our Oga's reservation :( I was sad to miss it, but did book another one for April, so I'll finally get to experience it myself!! Hoping to get on at least one of the attractions in SWGE while we're there, too, but won't be heartbroken if I don't. Since it's a girls trip, I'd feel bad riding without the boys!

Hope the rest of our current trip was great. I am so happy we got a quick meet in. You guys are so sweet. I really only got to see the bathrooms and Rise of the Resistance on that day I met you. Once we got to the land, we needed to stay close to the ride in case our CM friend could work a little magic to get us in (which she did!). I never saw the Marketplace, the falcon or any of the eating areas. LOL. We go back for a week in July so will for sure spend more time there. I loved your pictures of the land from your preview. Making me even more excited to experience it the right way. Haha

Loved your pictures from GE. It's so nice to see it uncrowded. There really is just too much to see and when it's crowded you miss so much. The pictures of Andy in awe are so cute. I think this is a lot of men's dreams. Your visit to Oga's went a lot better than ours. Still haven't written on the Falcon, maybe someday.

You sure did a lot in your preview morning!! Isn't Oga's fun?!
Oh there is MORE! We used every ounce of time we had! Oga is really fun, I wish they would turn the volume down by a hare, you know?

Aaaah I loved it! You guys looked like you had such a fun time! That's awesome :)
It was def a great time and we are so greatful that this feel during our trip that was already planned!

I didn't realize you're able to ask to wait to be pilots! I thought you just had to accept your fate lol.
Yes! And you should! Rise of Resistance is another thing, there is no requesting anything.

Wow did you make this pictoral plan yourself or is there an app for this?
I did, in Power Point. Andy made them originally and I have just take his template and update them for each trip.

Ramen is the best!
We are expermenting with making it from scratch at home now. I need to find a good Asia Market by us to get some of the ingredients.

Well on Batuu I hear the drinking age is much younger...
Ha! True!

Wow I can't believe me, the lightweight, got two drinks at like 9:30am LOL. I certainly couldn't drink anything after!
You go! I think half an hour to hour later and I would have been good.

How do you feel about this? I am always so mixed if i dont have a trip planned...
I HATE it!!!! We don't know what to do for the summer either. I said we need plan something so at least I have SOMETHING to look forward to. But Andy did say we can go next winter, so I can start planning that, right? I may or may not have already looked to see what the girls school schedule is for next year....

OMG this is to cute do you so this for every day??
I do! And I use it as my lock screen so that I don't have to open up the app all the time to remember if the fast pass is 10:00 or 10:15...

HAHA these picture cracked me up! I can not bring myself to try this, i don't know why but the thought of it just doesn't sit well with me!
There is something about it being called milk that makes you not want to drink it. But it isn't like milk at all. It is just odd.

This week it was so fast, we asked to take a picture and i swear we didn't even have anytime! Less then last time, we had FP and i feel like it was so quick , i was actually surprised we didn't spend more time in the preshow or anything!
I kind of hate this room, it is so chaotic!

Appaently if you fly well there is another scene? Not sure if that is true, but we did rider swap this week and this is what i was told..
I have heard that as well. I don't know if I have heard about anyone actually getting it. Yet... DId you hear about the Chewy Hack? I want to do that!

Wow, you sure got a lot into your preview time!!
We def tried to get the most out of our time!

pril, so I'll finally get to experience it myself!! Hoping to get on at least one of the attractions in SWGE while we're there, too, but won't be heartbroken if I don't. Since it's a girls trip, I'd feel bad riding without the boys!
I would say, save Rise for with the boys. MF is less memorable. But a girls trip, Oga's is the way to go.

Wow, your preview sounds so awesome. Isn't it great when Disney brings out the kids in the adults, too? How cool to have been able to ride three times like that. Great memories!
I kept saying, it will never be this short of a wait again.

I am so happy we got a quick meet in. You guys are so sweet. I really only got to see the bathrooms and Rise of the Resistance on that day I met you.
I am so glad we were able to meet up! And so glad you guys got on Rise!

We go back for a week in July so will for sure spend more time there. I loved your pictures of the land from your preview. Making me even more excited to experience it the right way. Haha
It is always good to have something to look forward to!

The pictures of Andy in awe are so cute. I think this is a lot of men's dreams.
So true!!! And he is literally the prime age, I think.

I HATE it!!!! We don't know what to do for the summer either. I said we need plan something so at least I have SOMETHING to look forward to. But Andy did say we can go next winter, so I can start planning that, right? I may or may not have already looked to see what the girls school schedule is for next year....

No judgement I am already planning our next few trips! Including next spring break and we haven’t even gone on this spring break yet!

Only one to Disney, I can’t convince Rob we need to do all our vacations at Disney haha!

I have heard that as well. I don't know if I have heard about anyone actually getting it. Yet... DId you hear about the Chewy Hack? I want to do that!

We were able to get 2 riders swaps and our one friend said they 100% had a different scene, not sure I will believe it till I see it...But he said it happened 🤷🏻‍♀️

But once we were ready, Andy insisted we walk over to the bus stop and see. Which there was no buses or bus times. So, I suggested we just take an uber to get over there. As we were the last stop on the Coronado Bus route, so, If they started the first bus for the day, it was going to be a good 20 mintures before it got to us.
Sorry the buses were a challenge that morning. Seems to be most likely to be that way when you need them the most. At least you had Uber for the rescue!
We were all SUPER excitied and had alot of antipation for this! Which was great! I love that we are seasoned Disney Peps. But it was nice to be experiencing something new and to be this excitied again!
::yes::
We were trying to just take in the land at the moment. Which was hard, you wanted to see it all right away but also savor it.
I can only imagine.
Gwen was already trying to break into the Rebel Spy Base.
I love it!
I had followed a thread here that was watching for the release of the signup. And it was PAINFUL!!! I appriciate the Trip Report threads, there is no drama... So, thank you!
Oh man, this forum is so much more friendly than the theme park attractions and strategies forum. I stay away from there anymore. I deal with enough BS at work, I don't need it here too.
As all great parents do, we took Morgan and Gwen to there first bar expierence!
:thumbsup2
The Pre-Show is nice and I find less annoying than the Ummmmm guy in Flight of Passage.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:
Andy made the girls stand for a picture. And you could tell the CM really wanted to say keep moving but he didn't.
The CM saw the look on Andy's face and knew better than to try to interfere.
The line was longer at this point, the line was starting outside this time, so we knew this would be our last time riding as it was 10:55, and technically our time was up at noon.
Technically over at noon, but at what time did they finally drag Andy out, kicking and screaming?
I do think who you are with will effect your ride experience. When Andy I were there by ourselves we rode and took what we got, and we ended up as Engineers with a family of 4. And they let the 2 kids drive which is fine but the kids were LITTLE!!! And the poor kid couldn't even reach the leverl to pull for Light Speed! Which FYI, you go to Light Speed whetehr or not you pull that lever. It was cute and we were fine as we had ridden it a handful of times already, but I could see how if that was your first time, it would be a little disapointing.
I can definitely see that. I'm glad you were all able to get in during the preview and get 3 rides on it though!

The CM saw the look on Andy's face and knew better than to try to interfere.
Ha! Probably. I mean that was probably most folks there today.

Technically over at noon, but at what time did they finally drag Andy out, kicking and screaming?
I am going to try and get another post up today, but they never really kicked us out. I am not sure if eventually they would have asked but we probably could have spent all day there.

Day Three: Time to Shop!

We finished up with our rides. And needed to hit the bathroom. And like any true reporter, I took photos of the bathroom for you all! (And actually so did Andy without being asked to! I have trained him well, folks!)

Bathroom

Bathroom
Turns out Mens room look the same as the women's minus the obvious items...

NOW, we were able to start shopping. The bathrooms are all he way on the one end of the marketplace, so we just re-made our way through the Marketplace.

Starting at the Creature Stall. (I think that is it's official name)

Creature Stall: Ceiling

Creature Stall: Ceiling
This area is well named as a stall, because it is not very big! But they took advantage of every inch of the space, including the ceiling!

There are a lot of fun items in this store.
Shop
The rag doll plush are the first thing you notice.

Untitled
I thought Morgan might like this but she decided to wait till the next store. When went with a rag doll porg doll for now.

We continued on, and stopped to get some of the popcorn and sodas.

Untitled
The popcorn was ok. It reminded me a little of the candy coated popcorn that the girls would get. They def decided they only liked one type and were picking around for the color they liked. But it hit the spot as lunch was approaching.

Untitled
Morgan wanted a sprite, and Gwen wanted a water. And Andy and I split a diet coke. This pic must have been from the display or something.

After this, we were headed in to Dok Ondor's next. We saw a short line for another Photo Pass Photographer kind of up on the balcony over looking the MF. So, Of course, Andy made us stop for it.

4th Photo Spot
It's a good shot and the Falcon is right behind you and you won't get anybody behind you.

4th Photo Spot

After that we headed into Dok's.

Dok: Entry Mural
Literally the moment we walked in here, Andy was in heaven. Seriously! He wanted to buy this mural as we walked in. I think he was wondering what it was depicting.

Anyway, here are a slew of photos that Andy took while wandering around the store wanting to buy EVERYTHING!
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Andy did end up buying these on our Adults only trip... He brought them to work to put in his office.

Untitled

Dok: Mask

Yoda Bust
I think he really wanted one of his big ones but they were significantly more pricey.

Pretty sure all of the pictures above were/are his Christmas list! Ha!

But really this store is really cool to just come in and look around. You don't have to want to buy anything in here. Which most of the stuff in here is for the die hard fans, as there are a bunch of fancy light sabers that I don't know what they are for or what.

Ondars

Untitled
The autoanimatronic Dok is REALLY cool. He looks like he would be in the movie.

The props on the wall and ceiling are amazing.
Untitled

Inside Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities

XXXXX
And don't forget to find the Wampa!!!

While Andy was checking everything else. Morgan found something she was interested in.

The Holicrons!
Untitled

While Morgan was checking them out. They are pretty cool, there is a tiny drawer that you open and put a crystal into it and it lights up differently and says different things depending on the crystal. I was texting with @Lesley Wake to find out which color kyber crystals was which person since the CM wasn't "allowed" to say. Morgan wanted Ashoka specifically. I let her pick a bunch of the colors, since there was a shortage of them in Disneyland. And really the fun of the thing is to put the different colors. She was super happy with her purchase.

We left the store after buying Morgan her holicron. Andy decided not to buy anything right now. (For now.....)

By now it was 12:15, and it was HOT outside! I was so glad I had picked the morning session. As we explored the last of the land we saw 2 different folks being treated for heat exhaustion!

We had yet to explore the back half of the land, where the First Order was, so we headed that way.

We found a tie fighter, and Andy needed a photo.
Tie Fichter
This photo was by a random CM standing there taking photos for folks but not an official Photo Pass person.

And then we saw a REAL photo pass person and got in line for that. The girls were fading FAST! The heat and lack of food was catching up to them. But we also knew that once we left that was it, we weren't getting back in.

I think they wanted us to looks like we were part of the first order. Morgan just looks like she is done with the heat.

And Gwen is the cutest First Order Solder Ever. with her pic sunglasses...

We saw the Milk Stand while we were in that area as well. But the line was longish and it was hot.
Untitled

Untitled
So, we passed on that for now. It is cool looking!

We were working our way out.
Untitled

And ran into the second bathroom area and the exit of the droid depo.

Untitled

Droids

Untitled
There was a number of fun droids outside, that we of course had to check out.

Galaxy's Edge words?
This is the exit of the droid depo.

We didn't really know what it was, but went in. Which we started in the dump shop, basically. Which had some fun merch. Morgan found a keychain in here. She needed one for a house key, as she was starting 5th grade and would be letting herself in after school. Big step people!!!

We checked out the store area and the droid area. We watched some folks make there droids. Which is fun enough. It is worth walking in and just looking around. You won't spend hours in there, but it is fun to see all of the droid parts on the converoy belt.

Untitled
There was also this guy just hanging out in there. He kind of beeped like he knew what was going on. I am not sure if this is one of the droids that they might have wandering around one day. But he seemed smarter than a statue.

Untitled
Back outside we discovered the land speeders, and Andy lost his mind all ..... over ..... again ..... sigh

Untitled

By now, it was 12:45 and the girls were REALLY hungry! So, we walked over to Ronto's and Docking Bay 7 to see what they had to eat. I looked at the menu and I didn't know if there really was anything the girls were going to want to eat.

There was no line, so I decided to grab a Ranto Wrap for Andy and I and a drink and then we would head out to get the girls lunch.
Untitled
Amazing photo, right?!?! There was no where to sit, so this was balancing whatever I had and taking a pic.

I ordered some of the jerky but all they had left was the spicy. So the girls didn't like it.

And I ordered 2 drinks, the Sour Sarlacc and the Coroscant Cooler. I really liked the Sour Sarlacc and so glad they have since made it an adult version. The girls did not like it. Oh well. And I don't remember the Corascant Cooler, I think I didn't like it but def drank it.

Once Andy and I devoured the Ronto Wrap, we started walking out to get lunch for the girls.

As we were walking out, we noticed they had a photo pass photographer in front one of the fighter plane. So, Andy made us stop again. The girls were NOT happy about it. But again, we knew it we needed to!

But it was so worth it. This Photo Pass CM was awesome. She took lots of pictures.

We got a magic shot.

She saw Gwen's Ewok Plush (which apparently was what she picked not a Porge) and asked if she could use it in the photo. We said sure!

It's a little awkward but it was nice that she tried.

Untitled
This one cracks me up! Gwen's face is awesome, like she knew what it was and was already jealous that it wasn't her holding the porg and Morgan's face is like, why is this thing on my Arm!

I asked if Gwen could do the porg one by herself, and she gladly did another shot for her.
Untitled
Gwen was soooo happy!

Photo in the making...
Untitled

And that folks FINALLY finishes up our time in Galaxy's Edge!!! We officially left the land at 1:30. We spent from 8:30 till 1:30 in the land and felt like we could have spent more time if we were so hot and tired! It was an amazing time for us, obviously! And so so so grateful that we were able to do this on a trip that we had already planned!

Up next, we actually did other things in Hollywood Studios!

Funny story, I had no idea how to get the water to turn on in the SWGE bathrooms. A lady had to help me out. LOL!

While Morgan was checking them out. They are pretty cool, there is a tiny drawer that you open and put a crystal into it and it lights up differently and says different things depending on the crystal.
Timmy bought one of these during his second college program so we are always on the lookout for more crystals...

There was no line, so I decided to grab a Ranto Wrap
This is one of the BEST snacks we have ever had, sooooo good!

We have definitely had to triple up on magic shots for stuff like this. How can only one kid get to be the one holding the cool thing???
Right? I can image with 3 it is even harder!

Funny story, I had no idea how to get the water to turn on in the SWGE bathrooms. A lady had to help me out. LOL!
Ha!

Timmy bought one of these during his second college program so we are always on the lookout for more crystals...
They need more. Morgan didn't get Ashoka but is afraid to buy another one, as you never know what you are going to get and doesn't want more of the same.

This is one of the BEST snacks we have ever had, sooooo good!
It was! And I haven't had a chance to get it again! ;(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter