SWGE AP previews - Meet Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES! Brilliant!

I'm showing this to my DH. He was being all grumpy about us flying down (it's a 1-hour flight) for the preview. LOL, I can't wait to troll him that the true fans are flying in from the UK!
Ugh I am trying to get my husband to FLY and he wants to drive 🙄 it’s only an hour for us too!

Does anyone know how many people who made a substantive effort tried yet failed to get in to this preview? I am just curious whether 6 weeks of stalking was actually necessary to get in to this . . .

Ugh I am trying to get my husband to FLY and he wants to drive 🙄 it’s only an hour for us too!

From GA- 1 hour flight-normally drive- going Friday night, flying home Sunday- got an evening return Sunday night-so we can go to EPCOT for most of the day Sunday.

Does anyone know how many people who made a substantive effort tried yet failed to get in to this preview? I am just curious whether 6 weeks of stalking was actually necessary to get in to this . . .

If I were not stalking- don't think I would have gotten in in time- email came 2 hours AFTER the link went live.

For anyone who is interested in expanding their meetup groups, a FB user named Corey Patrick created meetup events for the FB group “Annual Passholders-Walt Disney World Resort”.

we will never know. From the people here only one person did not get in. But there are thousands of APholders out there that do not come to boards like this and we will never know if they got in or not.
The previews opened up at 10am, most people got their emails after 11am, the event was completely sold out by 1:30pm

August 18, 9-1pm with Oga's. I'm the only person in my family with an AP, so I'll be solo. My husband heard about the preview and said, "you know you can't miss this". I remember going to the opening night midnight showing of Empire and ROTJ!

I'm solo, so I would be happy to meet up, but fair warning that I may simply stand there, looking around in shock, with a few tears shed.

I am wondering since we are 9-1 and there is the 11-3 slot do we need to take care of certain things right away as soon as we enter the land or if waiting is not an issue. My initial thought is smugglers run will have a long line right as the preview opens at 9 and then again at 11 when the next time slot opens up so I was thinking we would get on line for it around 1030-1045 but now I am thinking that might be a good time to go to oga's lol. Either way we will all have a good time, just letting my mind wander as usual.

That’s my dilemma as well. Since we appear to have the last time slot for the 17th from 1-5, I hope they don’t kick us out of the land if we wanted to stay a bit longer

I am wondering since we are 9-1 and there is the 11-3 slot do we need to take care of certain things right away as soon as we enter the land or if waiting is not an issue. My initial thought is smugglers run will have a long line right as the preview opens at 9 and then again at 11 when the next time slot opens up so I was thinking we would get on line for it around 1030-1045 but now I am thinking that might be a good time to go to oga's lol. Either way we will all have a good time, just letting my mind wander as usual.
We were wondering about the ebb and flow of guests as well. As we will likely have to split up for MFSR (I'm not convinced we should take the kids even if they do meet the height requirement), I would like to minimize the time we spend apart- I'd love to see a rider swap option!

I switched my trip from 27-30 to 20-23. I received my ME tags but it has a date on then of 8/27. Should I call them and get new ones or will these ones be ok. It’s the same resort so where they’re heading is the same. Has anyone switched and had this work out for them?

I switched my trip from 27-30 to 20-23. I received my ME tags but it has a date on then of 8/27. Should I call them and get new ones or will these ones be ok. It’s the same resort so where they’re heading is the same. Has anyone switched and had this work out for them?

I am not sure if they would be ok but it cant hurt to call and have them re-send them with the correct dates. It usually will only take a couple of days to get mailed out.

Signed up for 5-9 on the 18th. When I did it, the browser I got to work didn't let me scroll down so I wasn't able to click anything other than the very first option. I actually couldn't really read what it said, either, so the time I got is the time I got lol. I have no Cantina or Lightsaber option because I guess I had to scroll to see those. :/ I guess I'll just walk around the land after riding the ride? :confused3 Don't care about building a lightsaber but I would've loved to check out the Cantina, especially since I'll be solo.

Signed up for 5-9 on the 18th. When I did it, the browser I got to work didn't let me scroll down so I wasn't able to click anything other than the very first option. I actually couldn't really read what it said, either, so the time I got is the time I got lol. I have no Cantina or Lightsaber option because I guess I had to scroll to see those. :/ I guess I'll just walk around the land after riding the ride? :confused3 Don't care about building a lightsaber but I would've loved to check out the Cantina, especially since I'll be solo.

It is likely that by the time you signed up, the additional experiences on that day were already full. Oga’s and Savi’s on Saturday and Sunday seemed to be the first to go.

It is likely that by the time you signed up, the additional experiences on that day were already full. Oga’s and Savi’s on Saturday and Sunday seemed to be the first to go.
That would make me feel better! I got in around 11:30am EST, I think. I'll just keep telling myself that, haha.

We didn't know anything about the preview until I got the email at around 10 a.m. I called nearly immediately and was able to reserve.

That would make me feel better! I got in around 11:30am EST, I think. I'll just keep telling myself that, haha.
Yep and the emails went out at 10am. The Savi’s and Oga’s options definitely sold out before 11:30, they were the first to go especially on the weekend dates.

All I know is that if I had not been on the boards that morning, I would have likely missed the window, or had been limited in my choices seen as how I did not receive the email until well past 11:30 am. I am forever grateful to the person who posted the link!

Important topic. Blue and Green Milk. Who’s going to try it?

I just read a story on wdwinfo that they’ll have an alcoholic version at WDW at the Milk Stand.

I probably won’t be rushing over there to try the alcoholic version at our 9am preview but I might try the regular blue milk. Someone commented on the article that they changed the blend a bit for WDW and it tasted like a creamy raspberry icee. That actually sounds good.

we will never know. From the people here only one person did not get in. But there are thousands of APholders out there that do not come to boards like this and we will never know if they got in or not.
The previews opened up at 10am, most people got their emails after 11am, the event was completely sold out by 1:30pm
Someone on FB reporting that there’s only 200 people per time slot/experience. Does anyone believe that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter