SWGE AP previews - Meet Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they do the 9am check in outside of the park or if you have to walk over and get in line at GE to check in. Any CM reports on that today?
The CMs’ first slot on Thursday was 11-3.

On the 4th, there’ll be a 9a slot so keep checking back to see if any check-in reports are noted.

As we're getting closer - almost 2 weeks away - trying to figure out our arrival plans for our day in GE - We are in the 9am preview on the 17th. What time would you think is good to get to DHS? I was thinking 7am? Might splurge and really treat ourselves with a Minnie Van that morning. We're coming from WL if that makes any difference. That way we can be towards the front of the crowd? I'm also unsure if we will check in outside of the gates to DHS for the 9am time slot or if we will be kept with the masses and have to veer off to the left when they let us in? Is check in for the preview at the actual tunnel into GE? Anyone know how the 9am preview CM time slot has been handled? SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are making me excited too. Also, I'm going to try really hard NOT to bring in any bag whatsoever. This is highly unlike me but I dont want security checks to keep me from the front of the line. We have a 3:45pm Star Tours fastpass so we'll be there 5 min early for that.... So, cargo shorts and Star Wars Tshirt it is! Tiny zippered wallet with DGC, IDs, and some $$.....and cell phone only! Btw, our preview is 5-9pm on the 21st. Does anyone think we should be lined up to get in before that?

I'm of the opinion that it would be about 1000 per time slot. With the overlap they might go lower. They may not want it to look overcrowded but they don't want it looking deserted either. More likely it was 200 for Oga's & Savi's per slot.
Good point. That makes a lot of sense, especially with how quick the slots filled up for Oga and Savi.

I've seen pictures of Chewy wandering--do any of the wandering characters sign autographs?

Important topic. Blue and Green Milk. Who’s going to try it?

I just read a story on wdwinfo that they’ll have an alcoholic version at WDW at the Milk Stand.

I probably won’t be rushing over there to try the alcoholic version at our 9am preview but I might try the regular blue milk. Someone commented on the article that they changed the blend a bit for WDW and it tasted like a creamy raspberry icee. That actually sounds good.
We will be there 8/19 9-1.. not ruling out the alcoholic version. Batuu has got to be in a different time zone right?! :rotfl2:

Important topic. Blue and Green Milk. Who’s going to try it?

I just read a story on wdwinfo that they’ll have an alcoholic version at WDW at the Milk Stand.

I probably won’t be rushing over there to try the alcoholic version at our 9am preview but I might try the regular blue milk. Someone commented on the article that they changed the blend a bit for WDW and it tasted like a creamy raspberry icee. That actually sounds good.
My daughter, who is not a fan of coconut or rice milk tried both and actually liked the blue one which surprised me.
Im going Tuesday and I'm trying the blue with alcohol. Maybe I'll also get the green without. I'll be sure to report back in the "share your experience" thread

Glad I found this post. I will be going 8/17. I have the 1 pm-5 pm time slot with Oga’s. Flying down from Atlanta arriving at 9 am. Going to Epcot first (FP at Spaceship Earth) then out the IG to the boats to DHS. After the preview plan on going back to Epcot for British Invasion shows and Illuminatios for the last time. Staying in Lake Buena Vista and flying home the next morning. Would be glad to meet DISers

Just an FYI - Park Security is running on high alert and bags are carefully being screened.

Photos from 10:45a show the ‘no bag’ line being longer than the bag lines. Everyone is being observed and scrutinized so plan accordingly... it’s taken guests 20 minutes to get through the security checkpoint and CMs arriving for their 11:00a time slot were late to SWGE.

I’m still searching for info regarding how the 9a check-in for SWGE ran this morning.

Glad I found this post. I will be going 8/17. I have the 1 pm-5 pm time slot with Oga’s. Flying down from Atlanta arriving at 9 am. Going to Epcot first (FP at Spaceship Earth) then out the IG to the boats to DHS. After the preview plan on going back to Epcot for British Invasion shows and Illuminatios for the last time. Staying in Lake Buena Vista and flying home the next morning. Would be glad to meet DISers
British Revolution has the best bassist :) (biased mom)

During cm previews the slot times have not been enforced, not even for SR. The ride has stayed under 30 minute wait time consistently
Savi and Oga have been available for standby
Not sure if this will be the same during ap preview
Im going Tuesday if there's anything you guys want me to find out lmk and I'll try my best to get you an answer

During cm previews the slot times have not been enforced, not even for SR. The ride has stayed under 30 minute wait time consistently
Im going Tuesday if there's anything you guys want me to find out lmk and I'll try my best to get you an answer
Are there character m&gs yet or is it too early?

Do we know the check in process yet for slots at park opening?

Have an awesome time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter