• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SWGE AP previews - Meet Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering the same thing about an 11-3 slot on 8/21. I dont recall seeing one and no one so far has it here either i dont think. hmmm.
Ooh that would be cool if we had the first full 4 hours with no overlap! (I’m booked for 8/21 for the 9-1 time slot with Oga’s and Falcon). Can anyone confirm that?

May I suggest everyone getting the green "I'm Celebrating" pin and write "DIS Meet" on it? Even in passing- at least we can wave as we see you walk by :)
back in the day Disboard peeps would print one of these and laminate it and hang it from their purse or backpacks so they are easily found. Many went to Home Depot or Lowes to get the paint swatches in lime green.
View attachment 420489
I was going to suggest getting one of the I'm Celebrating buttons and drawing a Green Mickey head on it. They make sharpies in the exact color.

My 16-year-old is totally jealous but she has field hockey non-stop starting August 1.

I'm going to have to think about the best strategy. Since I have the 5-9 slot, we don't overlap for the last two hours, so I'm thinking that might be the best time to ride the Falcon. I considered going to the droid shop right away, but then I'm carrying the silly things around all night. As an aside - since there are two of us, I can make two, right? I hope they have the personality chips available. I think when I looked at reviews of the DL experience, they had sold out right away.
I am pretty sure you can make them and then pick them up later, they will hold them for you.

All Star Sports is available for AP summer room rate of $145 per night 8/18 to 8/21 preferred location only (seems awfully spendy!) Or you can get it on Orbitz for $128 per night currently. If that’s any help to anyone.:confused3 (Just realized I had it set for four adults in the room, my bad!) $115.00 with just two adults on the Disney website AP.

Last edited:
WWYD:
I need 1 night in a hotel, 8/17. Is it worth the Uber $ to stay at the Swan rather than on property and use the ME? I can get a good priceline deal on the Swan or what looks to be a moderate for about the same rate. I can get a passholder rate at an All Star for about $20 less. /firstworldproblems

WWYD:
I need 1 night in a hotel, 8/17. Is it worth the Uber $ to stay at the Swan rather than on property and use the ME? I can get a good priceline deal on the Swan or what looks to be a moderate for about the same rate. I can get a passholder rate at an All Star for about $20 less. /firstworldproblems

One benefit to staying at the Swan is you can walk to HS (or take a boat), unless your property options are BC, YC or Boardwalk. I wouldn’t count on the gondolas running on a soft opening during the previews.

WWYD:
I always tack on at least 40 bucks (Mears shared ride shuttle - cheapest airport transportation option) to any off-site hotel price (and don't forget the resort fee) to see if it is worth it. For one night though, I'd go with the All-Star, but I'm a tad biased because that is the only place I stay. :-)

WWYD:
Can you get all star movies? I don’t think I saw it when I looked but that would be a good option since they’re renovating

I'll be there! My reservation is for Monday the 19th from 9-1. This is my first solo trip. Now to book a hotel. I see the a good deal on priceline for $71/ night.
Edited to add, I have Oga's on my reservation, too.

Can you get all star movies? I don’t think I saw it when I looked but that would be a good option since they’re renovating
It's Sports. I've only stayed in the Epcot area in all the times I've visited. For one night the room doesn't matter a ton but since there isn't a super deal out there I'm thinking it might be worth a little more $ to stay at Coronado or the Swan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter