Tell me about Dole Whips...

We were talking about the pineapple flavor, so that is what my answer was about.

I'm vegetarian and it's on me solely that I make sure of ingredients. For vegans, I would hope they are the same way. (PSA about Disney desserts, check for gelatin in them.)

We have other ingredient issues, and dole has changed their ingredients in this product at least three times since I first had one in '07. They used to have corn syrup solids, which causes misery in my household. Now all but one flavor got rid of that beastly (for many people) ingredient. It's on us to make sure we are having the flavor without the CS solids. :)

Yes but just making sure everyone knows what they are getting. I like them because I have some sort of lactose intolerance that comes and goes and I don't want it coming around when at WDW so this is the only "ice cream" like treet I eat there. This and frozen bananas.

Last edited:
I am certianly in the minority here as I do not like dole whips.I have tried one and threw it away.Not sure if was made wrong but it was horrible.But then again I didnt like its a small world either!

They are fine but nothing special in my opinion. I prefer food that is not made in a chemical plant. Sodium Casinate? Sounds like something you used in chemistry class.

They are fine but nothing special in my opinion. I prefer food that is not made in a chemical plant. Sodium Casinate? Sounds like something you used in chemistry class.

For what its worth, Sodium Casinate is one of the main ingredients in powdered Coffee Creamer.

For what its worth, Sodium Casinate is one of the main ingredients in powdered Coffee Creamer.

Yeah, I just googled it, and it's the biochemical name for a protein found in milk. Now, dihydrogen monoxide, that's something you need to watch out for. ;)

1. Yeah, I just googled it, and it's the biochemical name for a protein found in milk.

2. Now, dihydrogen monoxide, that's something you need to watch out for. ;)

1. Yes made from wholesome milk
2. Think that's a major component of the liquid variety. :scared1:

ETA and milk. When will it stop :)

Last edited:
I'm in the minority that does not care for Dole Whips. I think I got pineapple and vanilla soft serve in pineapple juice, and it was just too strong. I would rather have something chocolate or a root beer float.

I'm in the minority that does not care for Dole Whips. I think I got pineapple and vanilla soft serve in pineapple juice, and it was just too strong. I would rather have something chocolate or a root beer float.

They do have chocolate Dole Soft Serve (Whip). But you should probably just get real ice cream.

Someone, earlier, mentioned that they could be found at the Poly. We were there in January and they no longer have the self serve at Captain Cook's. If it has been re-installed (perhaps it was just broken when we were there), I'd love to know. It is my favorite place to enjoy a Dole Whip.

Someone, earlier, mentioned that they could be found at the Poly. We were there in January and they no longer have the self serve at Captain Cook's. If it has been re-installed (perhaps it was just broken when we were there), I'd love to know. It is my favorite place to enjoy a Dole Whip.

Think I read its a separate non self serve area outside Captain Cooks or in the area.

Think creamy pineapple sorbet.

Creamy as in mouthfeel, not dairy.

Adding to this thread just to say Dole Whips are amazing, and now a must have every time I go! Enjoy!!!

According to a recent survey by the Oklahoma State University Department of Agricultural Economics, more than 80% of Americans said they would support “mandatory labels on foods containing DNA." :)

I guess it was only a matter of time before they'd eliminate the self serve, as (or so I hear) it was possible to really cram quite a bit more Dole Whip into that little container for the same price as the stand in Adventureland. Not that I would do that, mind you. :rolleyes1

Dang it. Now all I'll be able to think about the rest of the day is a pineapple on pineapple Dole Whip Float. I could eat those all day, every day.
Also, now I know my first stop at Animal Kingdom in November....

According to a recent survey by the Oklahoma State University Department of Agricultural Economics, more than 80% of Americans said they would support “mandatory labels on foods containing DNA." :)

It would easier to just put labels on the foods that don't contain DNA (you know its an ACID). Off the top of my head I can think of only a few, Salt the only rock we eat, things in the baking section like baking soda, a base and some chemicals in the spice section like Cream of Tartar, another acid.

I do NOT like to eat pineapple. It's not so much the flavor, I just don't like the texture of the actual pineapple pieces.

Couldn't help but hear Woody Harrelson's voice when I read this, from 2009 film Zombieland, commenting on Sno-Balls snack cakes: "I hate coconut. Not the taste, consistency."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter