Telll Me About Storm Along Bay

Pink Flamingo

<font color=FF66FF>Think Pink!!!<br><font color=CC
Another post I read mentioned Storm Along Bay at the YC/BC. Is that the pool area for those resorts? What's it like? Several posts have spoken highly of it.

Thanks in advance for any info. you may have on it.

Stormalong Bay is only available to guests of the YC/BC/BCV. It's like a mini water park. The large ship on the beach near the BC/YC is the slide for the park. Sand bottom and a lazy river.

The one end near the YC is also very shallow and has a large sand bar in the middle for little kids to play in. It has several hot tubs in "rocks" and has a huge whirlpool area about 20 people can fit in. You go swooping around in the circle. It is great.

The adults have lots of secluded areas with mini water falls. It is great. We were there at xmas and the air temp was in the 50-60 range at night but the water was so warm people were swimming. It was chilly hopping out and running into the resort.

Thanks for the great info. everybody.

dbail2 - I tried the links, but a blank page kept coming up. I'll try them again later today.

Let me put it this way. This year for our trip in late May we booked the Grand Floridian instead of YC/BC where we usually stay (and love by the way). We thought we'd try something different. Well, after one night we missed Stormalong Bay so much that we switched from the Grand Floridian to the Beach Club. We didn't switch solely because of Stormalong Bay, we also like the ability to walk to Epcot and the boat to MGM. Plus the Boardwalk area is so much fun in the evenings.

BUT a big part of our switch was Stormalong Bay. Can't beat it. Best pool at WDW. It's a mini water park.

PamNC

Yes, SAB is the best pool (IMHO) on Disney property!! We are just back from a wonderful trip at the YC, and we certainly enjoyed using SAB. There are so many areas to relax and swim, and a deeper current lazy river type area where you can rent a toob and relax. There are two slides, one is for smaller children, and a sandy wading area too. Just can't say enough about SAB.

This is one of the reasons we choose the YC to stay at, along with the location! You are so close to Epcot, MGM and the Boardwalk, it is so convenient!!!:):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Stormalong Bay is an amazing pool area... it is actually almost a mini water park. There are 3 separate pools next to eachother that make up one swim area... there is the "active pool" with whirlpools, etc... there is the "lazy river" with a current that drifts you along... and there is the "family area" that looks kind of like a beach, but with pool water, just an area for toddlers and people to relax... all are great... the slide is tons of fun! It is very high up in a shipwreck, but don't look down while going up the stairs to the slide if you don't like heights! :D The slide is fast and great! You will want to go on more than once if you try it! When staying at the YC/BC/BCV, definitely take advantage of Stormalong Bay! Many people book just for the pool!

~mariamouse~ :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter