Tent camped in December

jaxtrip

Earning My Ears
Of course, it didn't feel like December! Even for Florida, we've been having a warm spell (and there is no end in sight!) It was high 70s low 80s daytime, 60s at night. Perfect camping weather. We brought a fan for the tent and didn't need it.

We were in site 873, closest to the comfort station AND the bus stop (lucky us!) Even though we LOVE FW, I swear we get the worst sites left in the campground. We heard every click of the comfort station doors! Gentlemen, you go the the bathroom ALOT between 7-8AM. :crazy: As a courtesy, all campers please, carefully CLOSE the bathroom doors, don't just let them slam, because someone is camping near by and has to hear EVERY slam. OK, soap box put away.

We missed the campfire program this time, opting to hit some Christmas events instead. We went to the CP in Epcot Saturday Dec 8th (very busy). Thanks to the DIS tip of avoiding the line (if you don't have CP tickets) and go to the cafe in the American Pavilion. There were LOTS of seats!! And the line for 'real' seats stretched back into France! We grabbed a quick bite to eat and enjoyed listening to the show. Plus all the singers walk to and from the CP stage right by the cafe so you can clap for them!

We went to MK Sunday December 9th (sorta busy) and had a great time. Visited one of my FAVORITE places, Tom Sawyer Island!! Hey, I haven't been here since April 2000 but... no more guns in the fort?? Strange to see them gone but understandable as the adult in me sees the whole 'sniper' perspective. Ugh. Any other campers find that they are more comfortable in Frontierland and Tom Sawyer b/c of Fort Wilderness? I do. :D Of course, what part of WDW is bad? ;)

We saw the 3PM Share a Dream Come True parade. I was stuck in a soda line at the beginning so I employed a DIS tip of hopping the first train in Frontierland BACK to Main Street and caught the beginning part that I missed. And then hopped out of MK before the parade was over and missed the crowds. Cool!

Spent that evening in MGM seeing Osborne Lights (went around twice, less crowded!) and finally got the glasses that have the angel polarization! Last year, we just had snowflakes and I kept seeing DISers talk about all the angels and I was like... wha??? hee hee:D

Headed back to FW but made a wrong turn!! Headed out of MGM for the bus to TTC and saw the line for Wilderness Lodge, Poly, and GF bus. Hubby says, 'hey lets try this!' so we did. We thought we were so smart b/c once on the bus we remembered that there is ONE direct bus at FW and it goes to MGM and Animal Kingdom, so we thought this bus was going to drop us off there. Even the bus driver said something about Fort Wilderness when we got on (it was noisy with all the evening passengers). We pulled up to WL, waited and then the bus left for... POLY!! ugh!! Oh well, we got off at Poly, went upstairs to the monorail, rode around to MK, and then took A COMPLETELY EMPTY boat back to WL,FW. Longest way home maybe?? oh, but we laughed, it worked out great. Had the favorite experience of this trip b/c of our mistake. :D

Very romantic by the way!! See my romantic tip over on the Strategies Board. Is this the right way to post a link?
www.disboards.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1137736#post1137736

Hussled back to campsite, changed into long pants and went to the beach to watch MVMCP fireworks and Electrical Water Pagent (first time for me for that!). Walked back to campsite, collapsed.

That evening though, saw the horse and carriage ride through FW for the first time, looks awesome. I saw the sign the next day in front of Pioneer Hall, Horse Drawn Carriage rides 6-10 PM. What a great way to see Christmas lights! It was one horse with a single driver, a white carriage and a walk through many loops. Can any camper help with prices or how many the carriage seats? I'd say the carriage seats 4, but I don't know and I hate to post incomplete info.

Next Monday AM, broke down the site and went to Trail's End for breakfast. Had a large relaxing breakfast and headed home.

No rain this time, perfect temperature, didn't do any campsite cooking... had a FABULOUS TIME!!! Planning on trying to get back in February.

Campers, as always, you are AWESOME. :bounce: Wish I could meet you all!
TTFN,
Jax :earsgirl:

Sounds like you had a great trip! Thanks for the information, and I look forward to seeing the carriage rides.

Barbara
168 days to go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter