The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

Some being the key word. It wasn't quite what I expected.

You got guys in pants to sing, I was to see the pants themselves sing. I suspect I might need some hallucenigenics to achieve that.
I mis-read that at first...

I read you got in guys pants....
:eek:
:lmao:

Okay, that was good. Limericked the whole thing!
(And I used limerick as a verb, so there's that.)

Totally legit verb.

Hmmm... considering the division in your country right now, that's an interesting headline.

I've had a long-standing theory on that.... best for PM though.

Could've had a third if you'd just taken a selfie. ;)

Why didn't I think of THAT!?!

He looks like a demented pickle.

I always just thought it was a generic planet shape. But I think you're right! Thanks for showing us Uranus.

My pleasure. ;)

Did you drink in good cheer?

I did not. Beer is good for making bread and fondue.

Whoa... you got not one, but two Xs! :worship:

Yep! I surprised myself on that one.

Thanks, Liesa. That was fun. :)

You're welcome; it WAS fun to do! :)

This surprises me not in the least. Most of the French swears I know all involve religion or religious artifacts.

So strange. But then again, language IS culture.

I'm okay with that. Not a taco fan. Too much trouble for too little reward.
When I make tacos... I make myself a taco salad.

I've done that too. Maybe if you did soft shells instead of hard?

Not positive. She was definitely freaking out, though. I got the impression she was just really believing that it was real on some level.

And on our next episode of Guests Who Missed Meds...

Poor baby.

:laughing:
But then again, think how popular your TR would be! It worked for Riglee.

This must be a story I'm not familiar with.

Those might be my favorite scavenger hunt photos you've taken! So many creative choices with lovely shots. I especially liked the woodcarver and sombrero ones. Oh, and the yellow tights! Yep, too many great ones to choose from. :goodvibes

Thanks, Alicia! It was such a fun little extra for that trip. And! I have already decided on my next scavenger hunt. I'm going to probably start a PTR at some point for Sept, but want to fully enjoy May and the Girls' Trip before that. :)

I don't know if EPCOT is my fave park to photograph but there are some unique shots for sure!

see, you learn something new every day! :)

Very true! I had no idea about wine bottles! I knew that champagne bottles are unique but others...? I had no idea!

Disney bounding is the best!

I'm not going to in May, but probably will a little in Sept. :)

Ice cream cocktails......one from France? Where was the other one from? Feeling this is a must try for July!

Yes, it's available in L'Artisan:

Ice Cream Martini - 2 scoops of ice cream or sorbet, served in a martini glass with a shot of Grand Marnier, Whipped Cream Vodka or Rum $11.97

The other one is a Dole Whip with Rum from the Refreshment Port. :)

Again, your talent! You have such an eye!

Aww, thanks. :)

Was this in the Norway pavilion?

Yes, one of the window fronts towards the back. I think it might be a temporary one. ??

I didn't realize they had topiaries at F&W as well.

There were only a few. This was one of maybe 2? 3?

More of a doughy texture to the roll. It was kind of croissanty with lots of air. I wanted something dense and gooeyier.

You must've had a lot of wine when you made up those limericks! :laughing: They were fun.

Ah, interesting! And I"m guessing would totally depend on what you'd be pairing it with.

LOL!!! I honestly don't recall. I think if I'd had too much wine I'd have the Etsy Flower and Garden ears I want. HAHA!

Totally legit verb.

::yes:: I Macgyvered it.

I've had a long-standing theory on that.... best for PM though.

Standing by...

popcorn::

Why didn't I think of THAT!?!

;)

I did not. Beer is good for making bread and fondue.

Yep!

So strange. But then again, language IS culture.

That's true. Strong religious background, so...

I've done that too. Maybe if you did soft shells instead of hard?

But then they're not tacos... they're soft tacos. If you have any questions about Mexican food or culture. Always ask a Canadian.

:rolleyes1

And on our next episode of Guests Who Missed Meds...

Quite possibly.

This must be a story I'm not familiar with.

Riglee was a TR writer from back in 2009. Her title grabbed attention as did her writing style.
A lot of people questioned if her TR was true or completely (or partially) fiction (It reads more like a novel, then a TR.)
After her TR, she disappeared (much to many's chagrin) just poppin up once or twice, last time in 2012.

My first trip to WDW and DH's first time being arrested (Dec 2009)

G is for: Get Yer WS Shopping On (or The One in Which the Men Run Screaming)

Each trip I have gone on, I've done a Shop-Around-the-World(Showcase) Challenge. With varying degrees of success, I've managed to come away with some very nice little treasures to bring me warm fuzzies all year long. For any new readers out there, I'll review the "rules" of the game. You may laugh when you read this , but I actually AM on a budget having only one income. Yes, I realize that going to Disney in the first place is not an "on a budget sort of activity. But, I live pretty frugally in general so I can still travel, and when I'm on vacation I tend to splurge quite a bit. However, having said that, I am NOT a shopper and spend very little on clothes, jewelry, accessories, etc... so don't splurge in that arena. That gives me more money to dine in nicer places and take an occasional tour. Another caveat is that while I don't like to shop, I do enjoy browsing briefly the shops of World Showcase. I enjoy the music in them, hearing the accents of the CMs, and the conversations I've struck up with them as I go about my Challenge.

So, the rules:

1. The item has to be $10.00 or under. I will make minor adjustments if I have spent a bit less along the way.

2. I try to find things that can either be used everyday, meaning they are practical, or things I can easily set out and see.

3. I won't spend more than 15 minutes or so trying to find something. If I can't, that country is eliminated.

4. It can't be consumable or perishable.

Okay, Friends... what did I come away with in 2018? Grab your favorite cold slushie (I'd recommend the Grand Marnier Orange Slush or a Marg from The Ditch depending on which direction you choose to shop. Then again, you can have one as you start, and one to finish if you do it right. ;) ) and let's take a saunter around World Showcase.

Here is some mood music while we shop.

I did this over 2 days, so wasn't in a hurry and took in a few shows and eats along the way, so have no idea which pavilion I started in. For the sake of ease for me, I will start with Canada. May as well get the lame out of the way right off the bat. Canada Pavilion: You still suck. The best the Mockintile could cough up was a pressed penny. :sad2: I did finally try the maple popcorn which was a slight redemption, but seriously! Can they not even TRY to have some interesting merchandise in there? :confused3

CANADA

Further along counter-clockwise, comes the UK Pavilion. I've historically had pretty good luck with finding something in the UK and have an Alice in Wonderland coaster, a teabag rest, and a little bell. I had a bit of a harder time this year, but did find a very cute little Alice teacup. It did cost more, but since the Canada shop is so utterly pathetic, I had extra to spend here. It was about $16 or so, but that still puts me up $3 having only spent $.51 on the penny. LOL!

UK

France comes next on our slow stroll and in the past the Shop-Around-the-World has had mixed success here. The year before I found nothing, but this year I came away with a cute little piece of Provence fabric that I have in my bathroom on the window sill. It doesn't really fit my decor, but when I see it, memories of boozy ice cream floats, my beloved Impressions de France show, and the crazy Russian acrobat imposter show come flooding back. ;) I also think back to the amazing CM interaction with Pauline learning about Bordeaux wine bottles. Price: $10.00 give or take a few cents in L'Esprit de la Provence.

FRANCE

I saw London, I saw France, and now I will probably not see any underpants in Morocco. But will see a lot of cool stuff. And hear some really great MoPop, chickens from upper story windows, and a few greetings of "As-Salaam-Alaikum" all of which bring back a few good memories of living in Crapistan.

In my wanderings among the winding back alleys of Morocco, I found this cute little poached egg holder that I use everyday for my salt cellar. It sits by my stove and is perfect! For a cool price of $7.95 I came away with a nifty little treasure.

MOROCCO

Skipping all the way across Asia in a few short steps, I found myself in the Far East beauty of Japan. The Taiko drums matched my deliberate saunterings towards the Mitsukoshi store where I made a beeline straight for the item I already knew I wanted. Easy-peasy, this pavilion! I started a small little collection of ceramic dishes a few Shops ago- all of which measure at their largest 4x4". Perfect for trinkets on a side table or, in the case of this year, the garlic heads by my stove. It sits next to the Moroccan salt cellar- poetically perfect if I do say so myself. Again, I beat my price cap and only spent about $6.95? on it.

JAPAN

America is dead center of World Showcase. It's also, after Canada, dead center of boring merchandise. I go in pretty sure I will find only a meager mix of shot glasses, t-shirts, and license plates from the various 50 states that I can get at any county fair on any given summer day locally. I suppose the upshot of that is that I could get that crap without wading through the Bob Marley hookah paraphernalia and neon or animal print blankets. I set myself up to be disappointed, but after a bit of browsing, I settled on a cute little magnet that sits on my fridge holding my latest Papa Murphey's and Subway coupons. :rolleyes: I mean may as well make it "All-American" in its use, no?

'MURICA

(coupons removed for photo)

Pretend I had enough energy to make it all the way around WS and this Shopping Trip all happened in one day, okay? I don't and I didn't, but let's pretend. Need a refill on that frosty beverage, but forgot to pick up your Cosmic Slushie at Fife and Drum, don't worry! You can get a Bellini at our next stop at the Italy Donkey in... wait for it... Italy. All set?

Great! Time to spend all of 3 minutes in the Mask Shop to pick up my 4th mask. I started this collection early on and is my go-to now. They are not spendy, I think $7.95 or something and there are tons to choose from. It literally took me longer to check out than to pick one out and get to the checkout place. I don't mind spending a little extra time with the CMs in Italy, nor do my daughters. Eh hemmm...

ITALY

(I bought the one one on the left this year.)
Wilkcommen! Let's spend more money!! Germany is hit or miss for me. I've gotten an ornament, a shot glass (the only one I own), and ?? something else? This year, I got a little knick-knack that truthfully I may never use.. but it's clever and cute. And believe it or not, I think while I was literally writing that last sentence I may have come up with a use for it that is downright genius! LOL! As I write this, it's sitting in a drawer, sad that it hasn't been able to come out and play, but I think I came up with a solution. It's a little faux pewter stein topper made for a beer bottle. It even has the little flip top! As I said, super cute! But, I don't drink beer. I don't drink pop either. What to do? What to do? What if I filled a clean bottle with my cooking oil and used my little topper that way? I could see it everyday, use it, and think back to the cute boys in singing in their leiderlederhosen!!! It too was only about $9.95, so again, right in the ballpark. Go me!

GERMANY

China has tons of possibilities and I've not gotten the same thing twice here. I also tend to take a long time trying to find something. Which doesn't make sense given the variety, but it's hard to narrow it down and admittedly, a lot is out of my price range. I found it completely hilarious to find this:

100% authentic Chinese merchandise! Is it just me or is the irony almost overwhelming here?

Anyway, after getting impatient, I settled on a little fabric trivet that sits on my bar counter with some other trinkets on top. It does go with the colors in my dining nook and I'll trade it out occasionally for the other dining room table top decorations. For under $10:

CHINA

Next up, Norway- Home of the Rice Cream. After satiating my cravings, I sauntered off in hopes of finding ANYTHING but Frozen stuff. What was once a favorite pavilion of mine, it is now completely desecrated with Elsa who must've frozen the hearts of the merchandise buyers towards anything remotely Norwegian. Sad. I ended up with another pewter Christmas ornament in a different design from last year's. Which is fine, I'll just probably keep getting them and start a collection. Makes the pavilion easy to get in and out of. They are I think a bit MORE than the $10.00 limit, but given that I've not spent as much at other stops, I am okay with that.

NORWAY

Ornament13-DS-225.jpg

(It's put away with my Christmas stuff; it's kinda like this.)
Lastly, we end up in Mexico. After we wait in line for a marg for about 3 weeks, we'll grab that souvenir and move on. This pavilion is about as easy as it gets, however, I have a feeling my luck just ran out after this trip with my collection of little ceramic crosses I've been collecting for a while. I got home and went to hang it up and lo and behold, I already have that design. Dang it! But I am HOPING they will take pity on me and let me exchange it in May. I left the tag on and think I have the receipt. We'll see.... Either way, I'm planning to pick up another one in addition, so if they see that... maybe?
So, it looks like I have exhausted the available options and will have to find another something to get in September when I plan to do my next SATW.

MEXICO

(I have 2 of the lower left now. :( )
I hope you enjoyed your World Shopping Tour. It's been a pleasure to be your hostess! Please come back again and maybe I can find a way to cut down our marg wait time to a week.

Last edited:
Each trip I have gone on, I've done a Shop-Around-the-World(Showcase) Challenge.

I always enjoy your shopping around the world game.

Grab your favorite cold slushie (I'd recommend the Grand Marnier Orange Slush

Currently this is my favorite.

You still suck. The best the Mockintile could cough up was a pressed penny. :sad2:

Very poor showing.

I had a bit of a harder time this year, but did find a very cute little Alice teacup.

Very cute.

The year before I found nothing, but this year I came away with a cute little piece of Provence fabric that I have in my bathroom on the window sill.

This is pretty. Blue is my favorite color.

In my wanderings among the winding back alleys of Morocco, I found this cute little poached egg holder that I use everyday for my salt cellar. It sits by my stove and is perfect! For a cool price of $7.95 I came away with a nifty little treasure.

Very nifty.

Easy-peasy, this pavilion!

So many options here.

I settled on a cute little magnet that sits on my fridge holding my latest Papa Murphey's and Subway coupons.

I'm surprised you found something. There isn't much of a shop here.

Great! Time to spend all of 3 minutes in the Mask Shop to pick up my 4th mask.

I love you masks. I have a friend who collects the bigger masks here.

What if I filled a clean bottle with my cooking oil and used my little topper that way?

This is a really good idea.

I settled on a little fabric trivet that sits on my bar counter with some other trinkets on top.

Cute.

I ended up with another pewter Christmas ornament in a different design from last year's.

I love Christmas ornaments.

I have a feeling my luck just ran out after this trip with my collection of little ceramic crosses I've been collecting for a while.

That's too bad, this are really nice.

Canada Pavilion: You still suck. The best the Mockintile could cough up was a pressed penny. :sad2: I did finally try the maple popcorn which was a slight redemption, but seriously! Can they not even TRY to have some interesting merchandise in there? :confused3
As a Canadian, I have to say the Canada pavilion is the worst. Major refurb/additions needed NOW! Over half of our country isn't even represented.

I hope you enjoyed your World Shopping Tour. It's been a pleasure to be your hostess! Please come back again and maybe I can find a way to cut down our marg wait time to a week.
Love the WS shopping trip and am totally copying your idea for July!

As a Canadian, I have to say the Canada pavilion is the worst. Major refurb/additions needed NOW! Over half of our country isn't even represented.
But isn't it hard to sell blocks of ice or tons of snow in FL?
:duck:

All joking aside, I don't like cold, but there's a few Canadian folks I want to visit, so hopefully this summer or next.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter