The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

However, having said that, I am NOT a shopper and spend very little on clothes, jewelry, accessories, etc... so don't splurge in that arena. That gives me more money to dine in nicer places and take an occasional tour.
It makes me wonder what I could be doing if I didn't have three ladies along with me who do enjoy splurging on clothes, jewelry, and accessories (although mostly clothes, if I'm being fair, they don't go for much in the jewelry or accessories department).

Another caveat is that while I don't like to shop, I do enjoy browsing briefly the shops of World Showcase.
While I have made my disdain for the outlet malls known, I believe I've also admitted that I don't mind Disney shopping as much, and browsing the shops at WS is agreeable with me.

Grab your favorite cold slushie (I'd recommend the Grand Marnier Orange Slush
I wish I had been able to enjoy both the orange and the lemon slush. The orange will have to wait for another day.

For the sake of ease for me, I will start with Canada. May as well get the lame out of the way right off the bat. Canada Pavilion: You still suck.
I couldn't agree more. I don't understand why it has to be that way.

Can they not even TRY to have some interesting merchandise in there? :confused3
Having said that, they do have Beaver Butt soap. I mean, where else in WS could you find such a unique collectable?

I had a bit of a harder time this year, but did find a very cute little Alice teacup. It
Oh my! I bought the same one! I don't normally buy too much that is "just for me" but I was eyeing it all week and thought it was so cool looking. It's become my weekend ritual to brew a pot of tea and use my Alice cup. My tea pot is all black and actually matches very well, it almost looks like a set. If I think of it, I will have to post a picture.

What if I filled a clean bottle with my cooking oil and used my little topper that way?
Very good use of it. I would actually have to do the same, since I am not a beer drinker.

G is for: Get Yer WS Shopping On (or The One in Which the Men Run Screaming)
panic_zpsvconr9yp.gif

With varying degrees of success, I've managed to come away with some very nice little treasures to bring me warm fuzzies all year long.

:goodvibes

You may laugh when you read this , but I actually AM on a budget having only one income.

Not laughing.
Money doesn't grow on trees for most of us.

However, having said that, I am NOT a shopper and spend very little on clothes, jewelry, accessories, etc...

Are you sure you're female?

:duck:

while I don't like to shop, I do enjoy browsing briefly the shops of World Showcase.

I get that.
I don't like to shop... but I too like to browse (some) of those shops.

1. The item has to be $10.00 or under. I will make minor adjustments if I have spent a bit less along the way.

Hmmm... adjustments.
Oh! So you can start at Mexico and go clockwise, being very frugal so you have lots left over for Canada! Brilliant!
If you save $2 at each, you'll have an extra $20!

3. I won't spend more than 15 minutes or so trying to find something. If I can't, that country is eliminated.

Ouch. Harsh.

4. It can't be consumable or perishable.

Perish the thought.

I'd recommend the Grand Marnier Orange Slush

mmmm... ::yes::

I will start with Canada. May as well get the lame out of the way right off the bat. Canada Pavilion: You still suck.

Yeah... I'm not even going to argue. There's only one worse pavilion....

The best the Mockintile could cough up was a pressed penny.

facepalm_zpsvir8htre.gif

I really like that!
Easily my favourite thing that you bought on this WS shopping trip.

It doesn't really fit my decor, but when I see it, memories of boozy ice cream floats, my beloved Impressions de France show, and the crazy Russian acrobat imposter show come flooding back. ;)

I like that your purchases bring back such fond memories. :)

I saw London, I saw France, and now I will probably not see any underpants in Morocco.

This is a good thing, no?

And hear some really great MoPop, chickens from upper story windows, and a few greetings of "As-Salaam-Alaikum"

You actually hear that?

I found this cute little poached egg holder that I use everyday for my salt cellar.

Huh! Never would've thought of that. Smart.

The Taiko drums matched my deliberate saunterings

Love those. I stop to listen every time they're out.

It's also, after Canada, dead center of boring merchandise.

I think that one is worse. While it's true that there's no real use for Beaver Butt soap (or whatever) at least it's slightly amusing. There's nothing funny about the USA pavilion gift shop.

I suppose the upshot of that is that I could get that crap without wading through the Bob Marley hookah paraphernalia and neon or animal print blankets.

:laughing:

I settled on a cute little magnet that sits on my fridge holding my latest Papa Murphey's and Subway coupons. :rolleyes: I mean may as well make it "All-American" in its use, no?

Sure. Put it to work. Earn its keep!

(coupons removed for photo)

Now we'll never see it performing its daily tasks!

You can get a Bellini at our next stop at the Italy Donkey in... wait for it... Italy.

Wait... where? I didn't think you could get one without going in to a restaurant.

I don't mind spending a little extra time with the CMs in Italy, nor do my daughters. Eh hemmm...

:rolleyes:

Wilkcommen!

What? Is that like Willkommen?

Let's spend more money!!

On translation services!!!

It's a little faux pewter stein topper made for a beer bottle. It even has the little flip top!

I really like that too.

What if I filled a clean bottle with my cooking oil and used my little topper that way?

smart!

China has tons of possibilities and I've not gotten the same thing twice here.

I first read that as you got the same thing twice.

100% authentic Chinese merchandise! Is it just me or is the irony almost overwhelming here?

:lmao:

Next up, Norway- Home of the Rice Cream.

Ah yes... I do recall your love for that. Sorry. Tried it twice. Not really a fan. It's okay... but I'll get something else next time.

I sauntered off in hopes of finding ANYTHING but Frozen stuff.

Good luck. :sad2:

(It's put away with my Christmas stuff; it's kinda like this.)

Nope! Not good enough! I want to see the actual article!!! :snooty:

But I am HOPING they will take pity on me and let me exchange it in May. I left the tag on and think I have the receipt. We'll see.... Either way, I'm planning to pick up another one in addition, so if they see that... maybe?

They might. Disney's pretty good for that.

Ya know, I agree with the comments about Canada and US gift shops being lame, but I wonder if it's because most of the stuff is meh to us, but to a non-north american tourist, might be cool. Along the same line, I wonder if the Chinese folks think the China pavilion is lame or the Germans think the German pavilion is. Dunno...just pondering.

Hi All,

Loving all of your replies and I am keeping up with reading them. I try hard to answer on my days off, but today (a day off) was busy and full. Hope you are all doing well! Time to hit the sack and dream Disney dreams. 30 days for me tomorrow!
Hey!!! One I can easily reply to...no Multiquoting involved. :woohoo:

I can totally understand that. My days off have been anything but relaxing or allowing computer time lately
and you're a very busy woman.
Hoping to finally get to meet you.

G is for: Get Yer WS Shopping On (or The One in Which the Men Run Screaming)

No, no...I'm sure it will be great...

Hang on, I need to go get something out of my car.

:car:

You may laugh when you read this , but I actually AM on a budget having only one income. Yes, I realize that going to Disney in the first place is not an "on a budget sort of activity. But, I live pretty frugally in general so I can still travel, and when I'm on vacation I tend to splurge quite a bit

how-i-spend-money-clothes-groceries-an-occasional-splurge-just-12238145.png

Canada Pavilion: You still suck.

Ha! Take that, Canada! Losers!

I saw London, I saw France, and now I will probably not see any underpants in Morocco.

This is either disappointing or a relief, depending on the model.

America is dead center of World Showcase. It's also, after Canada, dead center of boring merchandise.

Oh. Um....Never mind, Canada.

Germany is hit or miss for me.

if only they sold the yodeling beer steins. Fun for hours!

100% authentic Chinese merchandise! Is it just me or is the irony almost overwhelming here?

:rotfl2: That's pretty good!

You got lots of cute little knick knacks! Because Fran goes so overboard with her own shopping that I'm somewhat deterred from doing any shopping. Most of what I buy needs to be consumable, (we still have some caramels left from Karamel Kuche two weeks after we've returned!) or clothing because our walls are full with pictures and I don't have a magnetic fridge. I really miss having fridge magnets, but my freezer in the laundry room or the fridge in the master bath just aren't as fun.

::yes:: I Macgyvered it.

Now that IS a a real verb. :laughing:

That's true. Strong religious background, so...

:teacher:

But then they're not tacos... they're soft tacos. If you have any questions about Mexican food or culture. Always ask a Canadian.

:rolleyes1

Uh huh... :rolleyes:

Riglee was a TR writer from back in 2009. Her title grabbed attention as did her writing style.
A lot of people questioned if her TR was true or completely (or partially) fiction (It reads more like a novel, then a TR.)
After her TR, she disappeared (much to many's chagrin) just poppin up once or twice, last time in 2012.

My first trip to WDW and DH's first time being arrested (Dec 2009)

I have heard of a one or two writers being called out and then mysteriously leave. I used to love Mrs. The King, but she too bordered on... really? :rolleyes: Either way, I loved the style.

I always enjoy your shopping around the world game.

It's always a fun little side activity. :) Next shop in Sept!

Currently this is my favorite.

There are SO many choices now! Seems like every pavilion has some tasty concoction.

Very poor showing.

:sad2:

This is pretty. Blue is my favorite color.

:goodvibes

I'm surprised you found something. There isn't much of a shop here.

There are soooo many wonderful things they could do in there! I imagine a little section for each state or even region with a small to medium-sized offering of local crafts, foods, products, etc... OY, I shoulda been a Disney buyer!

I love you masks. I have a friend who collects the bigger masks here.

lil-wayne-money.gif

I love Christmas ornaments.

Me too, but I'm pretty picky on what I like.

That's too bad, these are really nice.

I'm going to check it out next month and see what's what.

As a Canadian, I have to say the Canada pavilion is the worst. Major refurb/additions needed NOW! Over half of our country isn't even represented.

So limited... like the whole shop is meant to be a joke shop. Like literally. A few nicer items, but, as you say, representing your Rockies (flannel), hockey, soap with joke names... really?!

Love the WS shopping trip and am totally copying your idea for July!

Totally do!!! It's a fun way to get you in, gives you a reasonable goal, and gets you out with your wallet mostly unscathed.

But isn't it hard to sell blocks of ice or tons of snow in FL?

All joking aside, I don't like cold, but there's a few Canadian folks I want to visit, so hopefully this summer or next.

:rotfl2:

Sounds like a fun trip!! I'd love to visit Canada again someday. I loved Vancouver, and have never been to the Maritimes.

Not on a real computer @Steppesister so I'll have to reply later, but the German item and your newfound idea for it are both good.

I'll post a photo when I finally get a round to it.

It makes me wonder what I could be doing if I didn't have three ladies along with me who do enjoy splurging on clothes, jewelry, and accessories (although mostly clothes, if I'm being fair, they don't go for much in the jewelry or accessories department).

Way more rides. ;) Maybe some lounging in lounges.

While I have made my disdain for the outlet malls known, I believe I've also admitted that I don't mind Disney shopping as much, and browsing the shops at WS is agreeable with me

I"m kinda the same way. Seriously, Walmart has a lot of the Disney shirts I see in the shops but for 20 times as much. No thanks.

I wish I had been able to enjoy both the orange and the lemon slush. The orange will have to wait for another day.

Mmm! I'm kinda excited for all the slushie offerings at F&G this year!

I couldn't agree more. I don't understand why it has to be that way.

Beats me!

Having said that, they do have Beaver Butt soap. I mean, where else in WS could you find such a unique collectable?

:rolleyes:

This is true.

Oh my! I bought the same one! I don't normally buy too much that is "just for me" but I was eyeing it all week and thought it was so cool looking. It's become my weekend ritual to brew a pot of tea and use my Alice cup. My tea pot is all black and actually matches very well, it almost looks like a set. If I think of it, I will have to post a picture.

REALLY?!! That's awesome! Great minds!

I used it just the other day as it's not my usual go-to, but it's the perfect size to go under my new espresso machine, so I do my coffee in my teacup. ;)

I'd LOVE a photo of it with your teapot! Please post!

Very good use of it. I would actually have to do the same, since I am not a beer drinker.

Seems like a legit use to me. ::yes::

Not laughing.
Money doesn't grow on trees for most of us.

Gotta work hard to play hard. But not to the point of getting sick from overwork so you CAN'T play at all.

Are you sure you're female?

Last time I looked down I was.

I get that.
I don't like to shop... but I too like to browse (some) of those shops.

They have the better merch on property. AK has some pretty cool stuff too.

Hmmm... adjustments.
Oh! So you can start at Mexico and go clockwise, being very frugal so you have lots left over for Canada! Brilliant!
If you save $2 at each, you'll have an extra $20!

Hm, then I'd be able to upgrade to...

NM, still not much worth buying even for more $$

Yeah... I'm not even going to argue. There's only one worse pavilion....

I see where this is going..

I really like that!
Easily my favourite thing that you bought on this WS shopping trip.

Considering I cosplayed Steampunk Alice for MNSSHP, it made sense.

This is a good thing, no?

Correct. Then again, there are a few guys on here who probably wouldn't mind a belly dancer showing more than one is likely to see in London or France.

You actually hear that?

Well, you can try to say it and enjoy the equally amusing response of Alaikhum a-salaam!

I think that one is worse. While it's true that there's no real use for Beaver Butt soap (or whatever) at least it's slightly amusing. There's nothing funny about the USA pavilion gift shop.

That is pathetically true.

Now we'll never see it performing its daily tasks!

Next time I get a set, I'll try and remember to post them.

Wait... where? I didn't think you could get one without going in to a restaurant.

Apparently there's a kiosk in Italy. :)

What? Is that like Willkommen?

Exactly like that pre-spell checking. Funny thing is.... I thought I did! :confused3

Ah yes... I do recall your love for that. Sorry. Tried it twice. Not really a fan. It's okay... but I'll get something else next time.

Plenty of snacks to go around. Take for example the ever-popular School Bread!!

Kidding..

I"M KIDDING!! :laughing:

Nope! Not good enough! I want to see the actual article!!! :snooty:

You saw London, you saw France, and ain't seein' my ornamants!

(Yes, I realize it's a play on spelling.)

Always fun to see how your World Showcase shopping trip went. You are much more creative than me in terms of finding purposes for items you buy. I don't think I would have thought to make the small bowl from Morocco a salt holder, but once I read it I realized what a great idea that was.
Bummer about getting a duplicate cross in Mexico; hopefully you will be able to swap it out or return it next month.

Gotta work hard to play hard. But not to the point of getting sick from overwork so you CAN'T play at all.

I see where this is going..

Correct. Then again, there are a few guys on here who probably wouldn't mind a belly dancer showing more than one is likely to see in London or France.

Well, you can try to say it and enjoy the equally amusing response of Alaikhum a-salaam!

That is pathetically true.

Next time I get a set, I'll try and remember to post them.

Exactly like that pre-spell checking. Funny thing is.... I thought I did! :confused3

Kidding..

You have ornaments? Hmmm.

I have heard of a one or two writers being called out and then mysteriously leave. I used to love Mrs. The King, but she too bordered on... really? :rolleyes: Either way, I loved the style.

The style was a fun read. It was almost immaterial if it was true or not and... I believe it was actually against board policy to call someone out like that.

I'm at that point.

True.

But there used to be a time when you wanted a Disney item, you had to know where to find it or ask (usually more than one) a CM. Now... You want an item... it's everywhere.

Nope.

Oh, that's right! Forgot that.

:rolleyes1

I'll never pronounce it correctly. ;)

ah!

You have German spell check???

Kidding..

:faint:

Ya know, I agree with the comments about Canada and US gift shops being lame, but I wonder if it's because most of the stuff is meh to us, but to a non-north american tourist, might be cool. Along the same line, I wonder if the Chinese folks think the China pavilion is lame or the Germans think the German pavilion is. Dunno...just pondering.

That is an excellent point! And yet, it'd be nice for them to give an equal representation of effort for every pavilion. I just don't see it. Every other pavilion has multiple shops, and those 2... 1.

No, no...I'm sure it will be great...

Hang on, I need to go get something out of my car.

:car:

I knew that'd be how it went down. Perhaps if you keep scrolling I can entice you back.

It's what savings accounts are for.

Ha! Take that, Canada! Losers!

This is either disappointing or a relief, depending on the model.

upload_2019-4-6_17-3-3.png

That one?

Oh. Um....Never mind, Canada.

Yeah.... :rolleyes:

if only they sold the yodeling beer steins. Fun for hours!

I'd go see that.

:rotfl2: That's pretty good!

I about died laughing. The buyers for that pavilion must've been too.

You got lots of cute little knick knacks! Because Fran goes so overboard with her own shopping that I'm somewhat deterred from doing any shopping. Most of what I buy needs to be consumable, (we still have some caramels left from Karamel Kuche two weeks after we've returned!) or clothing because our walls are full with pictures and I don't have a magnetic fridge. I really miss having fridge magnets, but my freezer in the laundry room or the fridge in the master bath just aren't as fun.

I like them all for the most part. I should start a pressed penny craft for all the times I just couldn't find anything else. LOL!

Still? Are they stale? Edible still?

I try to keep my fridge somewhat clear of clutter, but do love the few I do put up. :)

Always fun to see how your World Showcase shopping trip went. You are much more creative than me in terms of finding purposes for items you buy. I don't think I would have thought to make the small bowl from Morocco a salt holder, but once I read it I realized what a great idea that was.
Bummer about getting a duplicate cross in Mexico; hopefully you will be able to swap it out or return it next month.

I just can't stand the thought of buying something only to stuff it in a drawer and never see or use it. Waste of good money. I admittedly have a hard time finding stuff from that pavilion. I did buy a little coin purse a few years ago and still use it, but it's getting kinda grimy now. Maybe I'll replace that this coming Sept.

The cross is in the "to pack" pile so we'll see....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter