The adventures of Tiggerdad (A collection of camping locations, mishaps, reviews, alterations, food, and whatever else I can find)

That golf cart is gonna get tricked up and decked out to go off-road in the Mississippi All-Invitational Golf Cart Rodeo. That's what is in its future.

My question is, tiggerdad, will this be a home property vehicle or do you want to take it to the Fort and other campgrounds where it's allowed?

Ed

PS - it looks like it has good "bones" as a starting point.

Our other cart is newer and more of an "eye candy" than this thing is, so likely more of a property cart. However, we'll have to see.

It might get a sanding, possibly a shade of crimson.
White trim perhaps...
A block "A" on front and sides...
Maybe script "A"...

Then again, maybe just camo with blacked out rims.

We'll see how the money goes.

1. I'll have to draw up a budget (scratch up some extra shifts)
2. Present a plan to the Boss (DW)
3. Ensure the numbers line up (Hide the extra money from the extra shifts)
4. Likely have to detail several alternative plans (start with something she'll like, then along the way come up with excuses to change the plans more to what I'm wanting)
5. Schedule the timeframe to complete tasks (Sacrifice my daytime hours shopping so I can get brownie points to stay in the shed and NOT have to work on other things like arts and crafts.
6. Roll out the finished product (prepare to have it taken from me and used for DWs own personal use)

I considered another plan of action however.

Just hide it in my father's shed and work on it over there and say he's doing it.

Lord wont you buy me a Mercedes Benz ? My friends all drive Porsches I must make amends. So Lord , won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz? I have no idea why that just to mind.

We enjoy my Mercedes during the Florida sunshine. My first car was a 1964-1/2 white Mustang convertible, and (probably my last car) is my Mercedes silver convertible.

@Teamubr you have heard the story of bert teaching me to drive a manual transmission yes? It’s classic.

my first post-college car was a manual Mustang. DW and I were dating when Katrina hit. Her car was lost in it and we had to squat at a co-workers house in Houma where I worked because it was a while before we could move back into either of our apartments.
I took her to a parking lot to teach her how to drive it one day so that she wasn’t stuck at their house all day.
She tried to leave the house one time. Made it to the end of the block, but couldn’t get up the incline from the neighborhood to the main road. She hasn’t tried to drive a standard since.

tiggerdad, since this is your DIS camping persona, I will post this here.

I was previously unaware of this event but maybe there will be a day when we can digitally graft your smiling face (both now and then) into the following 90-second scene (warning-language):

This was supposedly Burt Reynolds' last movie he ever appeared in, "The Last Movie Star".

Bama Ed

PS - and digitally replace the Trans Am with a F250 pulling a Jayco trailer

Last edited:
Good find Ed. Was not aware of that one. Yes, I could see the f-250 and Jayco. However, instead of the Kenworth I could see @SouthAlabama5er pulling his toy hauler with the Peterbilt.

Good find Ed. Was not aware of that one. Yes, I could see the f-250 and Jayco. However, instead of the Kenworth I could see @SouthAlabama5er pulling his toy hauler with the Peterbilt.

Fixed the "F250".

And of course SA5er would be in it. The Bandit must have his Snow Man to block for.

Ed

Not really camping as our 5er is in for warranty work and service. The clearcoat is coming ooff front cap so she has to be repainted.

Oldest DD is in colorguard competition. Today we are in Southaven MS. It is right on state border with TN. Literally when you leave north out of Southaven you go into Memphis, TN.

Drinks and pork rinds as sampler.
20210306_115529.jpg

20210306_115521.jpg

Anyway, DW and I took stop at a place I've heard good things about. Memphis BBQ Company. We split a BBQ sampler of ribs, brisket, chicken, beans, and potatoes.
20210306_120354.jpg

I was not disappointed. Now, I still hold Dreamland as highest ranking but this certainly was worth the stop. EXCELLENT service.

Just today. We are at Southaven High School. With restrictions we have to leave as soon as DD group performs.

Would of liked to spend a day up here roaming around.

I lived in Memphis a while. Memphis BBQ was our favorite BBQ joint. If you're up in the neighborhood again, I could recommend some other joints

Nice. We ordered BBQ take out for dinner tonight. About to pick it up. I might post some pics. Hope DD had a great time at her competition.

Well only a twenty minute drive home smelling the BBQ and as soon as we got home we ate. Forgot pictures but it was awesome. we are in a food coma now. Going to take Mallory for a walk so I hope that helps.

On our Dismeet, we may go to Memphis to see Graceland - I am an Elvis big time fan, In fact at Arnold funeral Elvis song "Love Travels Down A Gravel Road" was the second song. Arnold always said that was our song. Then memories by Elvis was the last song. If we can go to Memphis, will eat BBQ at Memphis BBQ. It looked delicious!

Just today. We are at Southaven High School. With restrictions we have to leave as soon as DD group performs.

Ah the days of the color guard competitions.

Travelling to another town for 18 hours away from home for two 4-minute performances. Ah the memories.

I pulled my DD's equipment trailer so we were first there - last to leave. But we travel with our Color Guard kids because of the memories, right? We were always headed over for the Atlanta area because that's where the director wanted us to compete (stiffer competition). It's a long haul back and forth from the Birmingham area though (back then).

Bama Ed

PS - it was on one such trip, tiggerdad, where I got the equipment trailer to the school where the competition was, unhooked it, watched the first performance then had several hours before the second performance. With time to kill I drove over to the local rv/trailer dealer because he had some of those funky triangular A-liner trailers and I was perfectly happy with my Jayco highwall popup. But I knew at some point the Jayco would be more than I wanted. And then at the dealer I saw an Aliner Expedition - and the rest was history. So be careful if you have time on your hands during a color guard competition. It's cheaper to eat the bbq than to browse the trailer lots.

Ah the days of the color guard competitions.

Travelling to another town for 18 hours away from home for two 4-minute performances. Ah the memories.

I pulled my DD's equipment trailer so we were first there - last to leave. But we travel with our Color Guard kids because of the memories, right? We were always headed over for the Atlanta area because that's where the director wanted us to compete (stiffer competition). It's a long haul back and forth from the Birmingham area though (back then).

Bama Ed

PS - it was on one such trip, tiggerdad, where I got the equipment trailer to the school where the competition was, unhooked it, watched the first performance then had several hours before the second performance. With time to kill I drove over to the local rv/trailer dealer because he had some of those funky triangular A-liner trailers and I was perfectly happy with my Jayco highwall popup. But I knew at some point the Jayco would be more than I wanted. And then at the dealer I saw an Aliner Expedition - and the rest was history. So be careful if you have time on your hands during a color guard competition. It's cheaper to eat the bbq than to browse the trailer lots.

@bama_ed, the dreaded, I am just gonna go look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter