~The BOT Battalion~ BOTS On The Run

Hi Botites! Have a great week. I posted something on the other thread to help "put it to bed."

Have a great week!

:grouphug:

Howard

Jodi~ Shhhh. I "borrowed" it from Lou. I hope he doesn't mind. :rolleyes1 I hope he realizes that immitation is the best form of flattery. ;)

I just right clicked it, clicked on properties, copied the web address of it and copied it into my signature with the appropriate [/IMG] thingies.

Jodi - Just like Howard said... go to the control panel and Edit Signature. Click the little <Insert Image> button and paste this text in the box: http://www.lourodriguez.com/bot/dis-bot.jpg We need to get you some computer (Internet 101) classes. :lmao:

No LR's (or any running) for me this weekend...too cold. That's a lame excuse but the cold really didn't help motivate me. I think I will be taking the Butch and Jen dreadmill approach to running a lot the next few weeks/months. Although my treadmill is in the basement and it's tough to get motivated when you have 2 kitty litter boxes about 10 feet from where I run. I feel like Mr T when he was training in his dingy basement by himself in Rocky III.

Back to work...

Lou

P.S. - I'm a HUGE Looney Tunes fan but never liked Speedy Gonzalez. However, it was hard not to like is mellow cousin Slowpoke Rodriguez. The cat catches Slowpoke and my man pulls out a gun bigger than he was to shoot the cat. Those were the crazy days when cartoon characters were allowed to carry guns.

I realized I was ignoring this thread in honor of killing off the Philly thread first, but I wanted to respond to Jodi's post below.

Hey Bots

So I'm looking through the latest edition of Running Times (spark) & I see that R&R is doing an inaugural in Seattle in late June! Hmmm.....I LOVE Seattle. Also, who's thinking about the Shamrock Crap? I may be enticed into doing the 1/2 down there...any takers?

As far as RTB relay (read BOTS to the Beach - another shirt idea), I think we have enough committed to start a team. Should I venture further & actually research this bad-boy or what?:banana:

Matt and I were seriously considering Seattle until we found out my father has decided to get married that weekend. Apparently we're expected to attend the wedding.:rolleyes:

I'm still a maybe for the Shamrock, but I could probably be pretty easily convinced. Although, I am somewhat leaning toward doing the National Half again and then doing the Charlottesville Half in April.

Research away! I think I also may have ignored a question you posted earlier about whether or not Matt would run - yes - if I'm in, he's in! I sould also see if I could get Rhodri (remember him from the Yeti?) to do it. He would seriously up our speed factor!

Lou: you just have to make the TM more appealing like we did-- set up 2 TMs side by side in front of our home theater, a projector and a huge 5-6 foot screen with surround sound-- almost enough to make you forget you are jogging popcorn:: It is in the basement so the noise doesn't wake our DD but no kitty litter to get in the way.

Now that I see the picture, I do remember seeing DisBot on the course at PDR he is a pretty fast runner for a little guy :laughing:

Lou: you just have to make the TM more appealing like we did-- set up 2 TMs side by side in front of our home theater, a projector and a huge 5-6 foot screen with surround sound-- almost enough to make you forget you are jogging popcorn:: It is in the basement so the noise doesn't wake our DD but no kitty litter to get in the way.

Now that I see the picture, I do remember seeing DisBot on the course at PDR he is a pretty fast runner for a little guy :laughing:

WOW, Jen, that's sounds SWEET! I may even be enticed to run on the dreadmill if I had a setup like that.:thumbsup2

Jodi - Just like Howard said... go to the control panel and Edit Signature. Click the little <Insert Image> button and paste this text in the box: http://www.lourodriguez.com/bot/dis-bot.jpg We need to get you some computer (Internet 101) classes. :lmao:

Obviously! Look @ my picture...it's your name. I suck!

I'm done with this computer crap for the day. A Charlie Brown Christmas is coming on @ 8 & I need to prepare myself!

No LR's (or any running) for me this weekend...too cold. That's a lame excuse but the cold really didn't help motivate me.

Lame, sure. Wimpy, Yes! I ran 10 miles Sunday out in the 36 to 45 mph wind gusts with temps in the mid to high 20's.

P.S. - I'm a HUGE Looney Tunes fan but never liked Speedy Gonzalez. However, it was hard not to like is mellow cousin Slowpoke Rodriguez. The cat catches Slowpoke and my man pulls out a gun bigger than he was to shoot the cat. Those were the crazy days when cartoon characters were allowed to carry guns.

Lou~ The best thing about Slowpoke was his voice. Classic... probably Mel Blanc. He was a true artist.

Hi Guys!

Just found the new thread. Quick drive by, as I have to go shuttle children to many different locations. I'll check in later. Lou: nice photo-Bot from philly!

I have a feeling that's it's going to get pretty busy around here very soon :rolleyes1 popcorn::

Jodi - I didn't realize Bruce was that dude that ran in the Olympics but just trying to lay low. Hopefully the RTB people don't find out we have a ringer on our team. He may need to grow his hair out and lose those shades. He may want to leave the Olympic bib home too.

bruce_jeremy.jpg

Jodi - I didn't realize Bruce was that dude that ran in the Olympics but just trying to lay low. Hopefully the RTB people don't find out we have a ringer on our team. He may need to grow his hair out and lose those shades. He may want to leave the Olympic bib home too.

bruce_jeremy.jpg

:lmao: :rotfl: Endless entertainment, courtesy of Lou :worship: .

:lmao: :rotfl: Endless entertainment, courtesy of Lou :worship: .

Yeah, we're on our way home from Cam and Howard's and I tell Nicole, "I know I have seen that guy before but the guy I'm thinking of isn't named Bruce." When I saw the picture of him running I put 2 & 2 together. I'm thinking this guy goes to Athens and comes up a little short. So he comes home, hides out in Connecticut, changes his name, and tries to rebuild his confidence by beating up on a bunch of middle-aged cream puffs at local 5K races. Hey, at least I'll get to tell my kids I ran with that guy from the Olympics that wore the shades. Maybe I'll even get my DIS Bot shirt signed. :thumbsup2

Work's got me stressed out...this is one way to release the stress and not be so serious. The other way was to run 4 miles on the TM tonight at 8:33 pace.

Howard, Sara, and Colleen - I was in the Reading Terminal today and had lunch a few tables away from where we ate. Seems like months ago, doesn't it?

HELLO ALL!

Lou

Jodi - Hoping you know me well enough by now not to take offense when I tell you how smokin' hot Bruce's thighs are:hug: Thanks for making my case for men in shorts as opposed to tights:thumbsup2

Lou - It does seem like months ago:sad2: that we were in Reading Terminal. I am completely appreciating the comic relief you're offering with your pics. Glad it's great stress relief for you:laughing:

Sorry I've been AWOL and it's taking easy on the eyes running pics to pull me out of lurkerdom but I'm :mad: and don't want to share my bah humbug with y'all:rolleyes: . The back's acting up again and it's getting real old feeling old these days:headache: I have been running but I can also "feel" the lower back daily and it's making me mean:hippie: . I've already given up on ever running for time due to the knee arthritis but I don't know if I'm ready to wrap my head around never being able to cover 26.2 again.

Lou~ I am sorry I wasn't there to have lunch with you. Nice place, I hope you were serenaded with lively piano music while you dined. It does seem like a while ago, however it will be remembered for a long time to come. We got lucky that day my friend, being able to hang out with those smokin' hot babes. ;) Then I took them both home with me! :thumbsup2 :rolleyes1

Sara~ I'm glad you are posting. Cheer up or I'll come up there to UP STATE New York and cheer you up. I hope your back feels better soon. :hug: :lovestruc

Jodi~ Just for the record, Bruce's quads do absolutely nothing for me. :lmao: :rotfl:

Colleen, Jodi, et. al.~ Cam and I are booked on a 7 day Western on DCL in November with Judy & Charlie (no kids cruise for us!). Y'all come! I am sure there are more cabins available for that one.

I am a bit disappointed (that's what I get for working hard today) that I didn't get a last hurrah post on the Philly Marathon thread. However, you did us all proud by running it into the ground with a huge thud. It came to a screeching stop and it closed with dignity. :woohoo: :thumbsup2

No running for me today, the PF was in full fury when I woke up this morning. Feeling better by now though.

Lou~ I'll check the schedule and propose one or two LR dates for Nicole's (and your) consideration. I am willing to meet you at the Art Museum to hit the mean streets of Philadelphia Rocky style. Maybe we can end up in South Philly at Geno's. I have never had a steak at one of those "must have" places in So. Philly.

Dave and Lily~ Enjoy your travels to WDW, travel safely. :)

Cam and I go down for a weekend December 19 (Friday evening) and return Sunday night December 21. Our 24th anniversay is on 12/22 so we are going away to see the "iced" castle and take in the Magic Kingdom that weekend to celebrate.

Take care everyone!

:grouphug:

Howard

Sara - Never say never. You've got plenty of years of running ahead of you. My dad sent me a link to this story http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Castro_(soldier). Look at what this guy went through.

Howard - Lunch at the Terminal was great. Yes, it was like The Real World:Wilmington at the Keener household for marathon weekend. Hopefully we can get an LR in but with Christmas and New Years on the horizon it may be tough. When we do get out we'll plan to pit stop over at Pat's and Geno's when we are done. I've been there many times but it's usually after a late night out. A few beers, low self control, and a cheesesteak go well together. A cheesesteak may go well after a LR too.

Sorry I missed the closing of the other thread. Working at home on this dreary rainy day.

Lou

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter