The Dirty Dozen – 12 Days of Disney, Drinks & Dining - Updated 2/26

We still haven't made it to Homecomin' either!! I'm embarrassed to even say it. Everything looks so incredible there, I just know we'll love it all.....ahem, especially the moonshine.

Glad you got to spend some time with your brother on the trip, and when your Dad was ill. So glad you mentioned he's recovering and doing so much better. My brother is my only sibling, and I am so grateful to have him in my life. I can't imagine living so far apart!

Nothing like a good ole Disney downpour to ruin your plans! Sad Casey had to miss Slinky Dog this trip. Love that poncho pic though :) Christmas card material, LOL!

This is pure and utter cheddar cheese decadence. My only complaint is there is so much cheese it actually needs more mac to help soak it all up.

This looked amazing. I really hope to get to try this place one day! The biscuits and chicken looked delicious too. Sorry you got rained out for SDD!

We loved the thigh high biscuits, yum!
I think I can entice Andi back here now that she eats chicken and she would love the moonshine.
I’m sorry Casey missed a ride on Slinky Dog! You will have to make sure she gets on it in December!

Another fun update! Homecomin' is another one we haven't been to yet either...so many places, so little time, but with any luck that will change in 2022 because I WILL have annual passes for sure by March. That means all the Disney trips I want next year...yeah!

Those holiday ears and shirt you have ordered are so adorable...can't wait to see them on Casey!

Sorry Casey missed out on Slink Dog.

Oh the glorious snacks and I'm with you on the Disney popcorn....it is simply the very very best and I can't explain my own addiction to it but it is a must have for me every time.

Sad to say we likely won't pass each other at the airport Dec. 11th as our return flight is in the evening....and we go in/out of BWI since I live a mere 20 minutes from there. However we may have to make a side trip to Disney Springs at least once during our trip and maybe we'll cross paths somewhere there on the 10th or something. I have two reservations right now at Toledo but they probably won't stick....because this is me.

my brother went for the Fig and Berries which he described as “chunky” and wasn’t a fan of.
I can see why he would call his drink "chunky". That sounds like a terrible drink. Your brother must be very adventurous.
My brother wanted to order a basket of biscuits to share as well.
I can see why you didn't need extra biscuits. The entrees look delicious.
unfortunately it was very soon as a month later our Dad suffered a major health crisis
That must have been very serious. I'm glad to hear that he is recovering.
Unfortunately the boats were down and no one could point us to the back-up buses to The Swan or even the Yacht Club. So we walked. Through the monsoon. A mile back to our hotel. Up Hill. Both ways :earboy2:
That is the one bad thing about going to MGM from an Epcot resort. We were caught in a horrible rainstorm and had to walk back to the Beach Club. The pick up buses are not easy to find, if they even exist.

I used to watch it every Christmas growing up (alongside the Sound of Music & Wizard of Oz) when we had a whole 3 tv channels here in Ireland. Tried to convince the 14 year old he’d enjoy it when he was about 12 and he just thought I was nuts🤣
I don't ever recall them playing Chitty Chitty Bang Bang here, but Sound of Music and Wizard of Oz were always the movies they played around Easter here. And randomly Grease :confused3 Cause yes I remember the days of 4 tv channels (and 6 on a really, really clear day)

Sorry to hear about your dad’s health scare. Glad he is on the mend and that your brother was able to be with you so you could support eachother and your dad. Wishing you all good health 😘
Thanks Moira!!! ❤

We still haven't made it to Homecomin' either!! I'm embarrassed to even say it. Everything looks so incredible there, I just know we'll love it all.....ahem, especially the moonshine.
You all would so love it. I'm guessing there isn't anything quite like this in Chi town either

Glad you got to spend some time with your brother on the trip, and when your Dad was ill. So glad you mentioned he's recovering and doing so much better. My brother is my only sibling, and I am so grateful to have him in my life. I can't imagine living so far apart!
We are very lucky sisters indeed. I keep trying to convince mine to move home but no such luck (he left for college in 1996 and never looked back). I've even offered to make our basement a walk out so he can live with us and have his own space, but I'm clearly not as charming as I think I am.

This looked amazing. I really hope to get to try this place one day! The biscuits and chicken looked delicious too. Sorry you got rained out for SDD!
Homecoming really shouldn't be missed. Definitely one of the best restaurants on property IMO. They are consistently good.

Wow! Those look like the best fried green tomatoes I've ever seen! Makes me want to stop there next time.
They were amazing. May have been the best I'd ever seen. The corn meal coating really made them.

We loved the thigh high biscuits, yum!
I think I can entice Andi back here now that she eats chicken and she would love the moonshine.
Great idea. I'm pretty sure you'll have her hooked at moonshine :rotfl:

Another fun update! Homecomin' is another one we haven't been to yet either...so many places, so little time, but with any luck that will change in 2022 because I WILL have annual passes for sure by March. That means all the Disney trips I want next year...yeah!
Awesome!!!! I so miss having an annual pass and the freedom (and discounts) that came with it. We are planning to go to DL in the spring so thinking we might be back to having an annual pass by this time next year.

Sad to say we likely won't pass each other at the airport Dec. 11th as our return flight is in the evening....and we go in/out of BWI since I live a mere 20 minutes from there. However we may have to make a side trip to Disney Springs at least once during our trip and maybe we'll cross paths somewhere there on the 10th or something. I have two reservations right now at Toledo but they probably won't stick....because this is me.
Will definitely keep an eye out for you. We live about 15 minutes from Dulles and are leaving out of there, but coming back into National which thankfully isn't too much further.

I can see why he would call his drink "chunky". That sounds like a terrible drink. Your brother must be very adventurous.
It does sound terrible. I have no idea why he thought that sounded like a good idea :confused3

That must have been very serious. I'm glad to hear that he is recovering.
Thanks Sue. It was but we've got him almost back to as "normal" as anyone in our family gets ❤

That is the one bad thing about going to MGM from an Epcot resort. We were caught in a horrible rainstorm and had to walk back to the Beach Club. The pick up buses are not easy to find, if they even exist.
I'm pretty sure those buses don't even exist. They are a mythical fable told to make you think that the Epcot resorts are indestructible :rotfl:

Sigh to those rope drop pictures.... why did they have to bring it back? Life was better without it.

Those orange bird ears are absolutely adorable! They might be my favorite ears yet.

Sorry Casey didn't get to ride Slinky Dog. Ironically, that is the one ride my DD didn't get to ride on her trip either that she had been trying to.

Homecomin' looks delicious!

Sigh. And that’s just the front view. Behind us behold this beautiful sight.
Apparently Disney is focusing on "continuing social distancing into 2022" per the Q4 report. All I had to say to that was....what??? Where???
First up Casey posed with the inspiration for her outfit today.
Nothing better than Orange Bird!
Behold the Gideons cookie. And let me just tell ya the hype is real. We spent the better part of the trip munching on these half pound monsters and they were as big and delicious as I’d heard.
Adding those to the must try list for March!
We were definitely having panic attacks, especially Casey. We were masked up but still quite disconcerting. I hadn't even seen that number of people cumulatively in over a year, let alone being squished with that many all at once
Oh I hear you on that one. I had many, many "too many people" related panic attacks in August.
Poor Casey has zero idea what current music even is. Between our love of Yacht Rock, 70's/80's music, and Margaritaville she gonna get to high school and want to talk about her love for Jimmy Buffet, Culture Club and Steely Dan and I can only imagine the looks she'll get. Of course I think it is nothing short of awesome.
Same here! I consider it awesome parenting. Our boys think the all the best music is from before 1992. Which of course it is. Especially 80's British new wave!
All of the ears I ordered we really well made. I got them all from the Bow-tiful Mouse Company. She's not on etsy but has an instagram that connects to her website. She only opens the store every few weeks and is usually sold out in a matter of hours but they are worth the price and wait IMO. I got Casey these for Christmas (and they light up). They come later this week and she is gonna be so excited.
I love those ears!!!!
And my brother and I were the much superior orderers going with the Moonshine Mash (Watermelon-infused moonshine, fresh watermelon, lime juice and simple syrup) for him and a Floradora (Fords Gin, freshly muddled raspberries, lime juice, simple syrup and a splash of Ginger Beer) for me.
Sounds fantastic!
We’ve ordered these several times before and they never disappoint. Fried corn batter, sweet and spicy pepper jam, and creamy pimento cheese. 'Nuf said.
Yum!
Instead of ordering entrée’s the rest of us all shared a couple of apps and a side. First up we have the Thigh High Chicken Biscuits which are topped with Che Fart's fried chicken thighs and bread and butter pickles then drizzled with hot honey.
Yummier!
We also got the Bee Haven Bay Fried Green Tomatoes with Shaved ham, rémoulade sauce, and dressed local greens.
Yummiest!
Last, but not least we also got a side of Momma’s Mac and Cheese (someone was apparently very excited about this).
Clearly we can go to Homecomin' together as you ordered ALL of my favourites!
He is thankfully almost fully recovered now, but my brother flew home the moment he heard and stayed for two full weeks. My Dad and I were so grateful to have him by our sides. ❤
So glad to hear your Dad is recovering. Nothing better than family being together during difficult times.:hug:
Once there the slinky line was over an hour so first we did Runaway Railway followed by Smugglers Run. This was the first time we didn’t get to be pilots but it was still a fun ride as the family we were with was hilarious and literally screaming and yelling at each other on what to do.
Sounds perfect!
We had this 2 years prior at the Annual Pass preview and it was as good as remembered. Garlicy hummus combined with flavorful “meat” balls you’d never know weren’t meat are a great combination. Though in typical Disney form they skimped on the bread.
Those look really good!
Cleraly we were very happy about this.
Christmas card material to be sure!
Unfortunately the boats were down and no one could point us to the back-up buses to The Swan or even the Yacht Club. So we walked. Through the monsoon. A mile back to our hotel. Up Hill. Both ways :earboy2:
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

For apps we couldn’t resist the Bunch of Puppies which are hushpuppies served with pimento cheese and red jalapeño jelly.

We’ve ordered these several times before and they never disappoint.

Those are so good but the last couple times we went we had to skip because they are so filling!

We also got the Bee Haven Bay Fried Green Tomatoes with Shaved ham, rémoulade sauce, and dressed local greens.

I have zero idea what this has to do with bees, or haven, or a bay but I do know they are delicious.

I got those…and deviled eggs…as my meal in August! Yum! 😋

Last, but not least we also got a side of Momma’s Mac and Cheese (someone was apparently very excited about this).

Holy mountains of cheese! :love:

our Dad suffered a major health crisis. He is thankfully almost fully recovered now, but my brother flew home the moment he heard and stayed for two full weeks. My Dad and I were so grateful to have him by our sides. ❤

So happy he's feeling better! :hug:

Unfortunately the rain had not let up at this point and the park was getting ready to close. So no slinky dog for Casey (and spoiler alert she’d never get to ride this trip). We geared up and headed through the monsoon to exit the park.

Cleraly we were very happy about this.

Poor Casey! I'd be really sad too since it's my favorite ride in DHS :sad1:

But on the bright side, you've got your Christmas card photo...

Sigh to those rope drop pictures.... why did they have to bring it back? Life was better without it.
It so was. I honestly don't understand it. Open a little early, let people leisurely roll in, & don't spread a deadly disease. Seems pretty simple to me.

Those orange bird ears are absolutely adorable! They might be my favorite ears yet.
They were my favorite too. Love me some orange bird. But ears and my big block head do not get along. So have to live vicariously through Casey.

I laugh out loud reading your reports! Love your humor!
Oh, thank you so much. We certainly laugh out loud living the reports, so happy to share any of that with you ❤

Apparently Disney is focusing on "continuing social distancing into 2022" per the Q4 report. All I had to say to that was....what??? Where???
Clearly they are. I'll remember that when we are stacked shoulder to shoulder and 100 deep at rope drop next month

Adding those to the must try list for March!
You will LOVE them. So good!

Same here! I consider it awesome parenting. Our boys think the all the best music is from before 1992. Which of course it is. Especially 80's British new wave!
I was never much into new wave but I can relate to 1992. That is when I graduated from high school and music officially stopped being created :rotfl:

Clearly we can go to Homecomin' together as you ordered ALL of my favourites!
Clearly we just figured out our next date 🙂

So glad to hear your Dad is recovering. Nothing better than family being together during difficult times.:hug:
Thanks Susan. So lucky to have Dad and my brother ❤

Those are so good but the last couple times we went we had to skip because they are so filling!
They are filling. So we countered that by just bringing them home with us :rotfl:

Poor Casey! I'd be really sad too since it's my favorite ride in DHS :sad1:
She was so disappointed. We tried 4 different times and the line was never less than 90 minutes. Pretty sure next month I'm gonna break down and buy the genie thingy so we can ride.

Perfection!!!! Can you go ahead and order 50 of those on shutterfly for me? :rotfl:

Everything Tastes Better in Disney

After 6 days, over 50 miles walked, and probably about 100,000 calories consumed we decided that we’d earned a day of rest. We all slept in late and while Casey and I lounged in bed, Jason thought running a few miles around the Boardwalk area sounded like a good way to “rest” :confused3 No. Thank. You.

Looking to expend as little energy as possible, while Jason ran, I booked us breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno. We’d been here once when it was still the Kat Kora joint, but my good friend @CruellaNY had talked this place up so much we were excited to try it.

No picture but we had the standard order Disney/Joffrey’s coffee to start. This is not my favorite, but it at least made me grateful that The Swan provided us Starbucks coffee in the room.

In a rare and bold move Casey ordered from the kids menu and went with the Mickey waffle with a side of bacon and sausage.

She was in mickey waffle heaven and commented that waffles taste better in Disney ❤

I ordered the Al Forno Eggs which is Brick Oven-roasted Cage-free Eggs with Spiced Tomato Sauce and Crispy Country Bread.

I don’t always love eggs and have to really be in the mood for them but boy o boy was I glad I was in the mood today. Perfectly cooked runny eggs cooked in a spicy tomato sauce with some crispy charred bread to sop it all up with. This was absolutely eggstravaganzaglorious.

Last, but not least, Jason ordered the Poached Eggs and I was apparently so excited to dig into my breakfast that I took the worst food photo known to man.

I know it is already evident from the photo but for the record this is served with Fennel Sausage, Creamy Polenta, Pomodoro Sauce, Parmesan and Toasted Crostini. This was good, but he only got 2 eggs (I had 3) and the tomato sauce was a little flat. If this was served with the al forno spicy sauce and another egg this may have topped mine.

Overall we could not have been happier with our breakfast. The food was all delicious and the price was even better as we ate for less than $50. We are staying at the Boardwalk on our Christmas trip next month and I know we will be back.

After breakfast we headed into Epcot to do a bit of shopping. Those that know me well are aware that shop is a four letter word to me, but that girl of mine is a shopaholic at heart so we indulged her a bit. No clue what we bought but we did stop to show off Casey’s Stitch ensemble in honor of 6-26 day.

Clearly she was thrilled.

On the way out we stopped for a quick Flower and Garden treat. Casey ordered the dole whip with fanta from the Pineapple Promenade.

And when promenading…..Jason and I shared Wicked Weed Brewing Fresh Pressed Wheat Ale with Mango, Pineapple, and Guava

We spent the rest of the afternoon lounging poolside and enjoying some much needed down time.

But next, we eat in the zoo

Last edited:
In a rare and bold move Casey ordered from the kids menu and went with the Mickey waffle with a side of bacon and sausage.

You cannot go wrong with Mickey waffles…and she's right, they DO taste better down there!

Last, but not least, Jason ordered the Poached Eggs and I was apparently so excited to dig into my breakfast that I took the worst food photo known to man.

Haha! It's like the photos I try to get of Nicholas' food because he gets SOOOO made when I try to take them!

we did stop to show off Casey’s Stitch ensemble in honor of 6-26 day.

She is adorable! I love her shirt and ears! You really outdid yourself, Ms Stone!

We spent the rest of the afternoon lounging poolside and enjoying some much needed down time.

Ahhhh, a Disney pool day is one of my favorite days :love:

This was absolutely eggstravaganzaglorious.
They should actually change the name, honestly. This looks incredible!!! I don't remember it being on the menu last time we ate there, but that was for the characting breakfast, so maybe they've changed things up a bit. I would definitely be trying this if we ate there again!

And when promenading…..Jason and I shared Wicked Weed Brewing Fresh Pressed Wheat Ale with Mango, Pineapple, and Guava
Mmmm, sounds so refreshing!! I don't think I'd be willing to share LOL :drinking1

Everything Tastes Better in Disney

After 6 days, over 50 miles walked, and probably about 100,000 calories consumed we decided that we’d earned a day of rest. We all slept in late and while Casey and I lounged in bed, Jason thought running a few miles around the Boardwalk area sounded like a good way to “rest” :confused3 No. Thank. You.

Looking to expend as little energy as possible, while Jason ran, I booked us breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno. We’d been here once when it was still the Kat Kora joint, but my good friend @CruellaNY had talked this place up so much we were excited to try it.

No picture but we had the standard order Disney/Joffrey’s coffee to start. This is not my favorite, but it at least made me grateful that The Swan provided us Starbucks coffee in the room.

She was in mickey waffle heaven and commented that waffles taste better in Disney ❤

I ordered the Al Forno Eggs which is Brick Oven-roasted Cage-free Eggs with Spiced Tomato Sauce and Crispy Country Bread.

I don’t always love eggs and have to really be in the mood for them but boy o boy was I glad I was in the mood today. Perfectly cooked runny eggs cooked in a spicy tomato sauce with some crispy charred bread to sop it all up with. This was absolutely eggstravaganzaglorious.

I know it is already evident from the photo but for the record this is served with Fennel Sausage, Creamy Polenta, Pomodoro Sauce, Parmesan and Toasted Crostini. This was good, but he only got 2 eggs (I had 3) and the tomato sauce was a little flat. If this was served with the al forno spicy sauce and another egg this may have topped mine.

Overall we could not have been happier with our breakfast. The food was all delicious and the price was even better as we ate for less than $50. We are staying at the Boardwalk on our Christmas trip next month and I know we will be back.

After breakfast we headed into Epcot to do a bit of shopping. Those that know me well are aware that shop is a four letter word to me, but that girl of mine is a shopaholic at heart so we indulged her a bit. No clue what we bought but we did stop to show off Casey’s Stitch ensemble in honor of 6-26 day.

Clearly she was thrilled.

On the way out we stopped for a quick Flower and Garden treat. Casey ordered the dole whip with fanta from the Pineapple Promenade.

But next, we eat in the zoo
I love the al Forno eggs! They better stay on the menus if it ever returns to characters breakfast!

Glad you tried Trattoria breakfast and liked it! I think it's our fave on property breakfast right now and we'll be doing it soon too.

You need boys. Boy shopping:
"Mom I need shoes"
-go into 1 store and get shoes
-done
I mean they're $250 shoes but you might consider that a good trade off for less shopping time!

The one nice thing about the late opening time for Epcot is that it gives you time to enjoy a nice breakfast. It looks like you had a great morning. :)

OMG this really needs to be your Christmas card! I'm still laughing and believe me it couldn't have come at a better time because I needed to laugh today! We are all vaccinated and hubby and I have had the booster shot and yet he's tested positive this morning! Noooooo good at all! So far the lateral flow tests show the rest of us as negative but we await PCR results tomorrow. We always do lateral flow before our daughter visits with the grandkids to keep the wee ones safe. Thank goodness we did. So for now please feel free to each your lunch off my floor as it and everything else have been bleached and disinfected to the extent that I can smell the bleach when I'm at the outside bin! On a positive note hubby can no longer taste my cooking (possibly a good thing lol) and is otherwise ok. Crossing fingers. toes, eyes and legs (makes walking awkward but hey ho lol) :goodvibes that no one else succumbs. Of course eldest boy child thinks it's a deliberate ploy to keep him from the pub which believe me I'd quite like to visit too at this rate. I will not print what I'm actually saying in my head or I will be banned forever from these boards! Stay safe everyone

You cannot go wrong with Mickey waffles…and she's right, they DO taste better down there!
They definitely do. I got Casey and Jason a Mickey Waffle iron and the brand that was supposed to be Disney waffle batter for Xmas last year. They were good, but never like Disney does them

She is adorable! I love her shirt and ears! You really outdid yourself, Ms Stone!
Definitely out of my comfort zone but think I did pretty good by her

Ahhhh, a Disney pool day is one of my favorite days :love:
Me too. Though our weather in a couple of weeks is looking a little chilly for pool days. Hoping it warms up

They should actually change the name, honestly. This looks incredible!!! I don't remember it being on the menu last time we ate there, but that was for the characting breakfast, so maybe they've changed things up a bit. I would definitely be trying this if we ate there again!
They definitely changed things up post-character meal and hopefully they do not go back. This was delicious and far better than whatever cute frying pan pastry they were hocking :rotfl:

Mmmm, sounds so refreshing!! I don't think I'd be willing to share LOL :drinking1
I'm not sure when it started but we share everything at the Epcot festivals. With food its always good because we can try that much more. But why we are sharing drinks is beyond my tipsy soul :confused3

I love the al Forno eggs! They better stay on the menus if it ever returns to characters breakfast!
They definitely better not get rid of these things. So delicious

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter