The Dirty Dozen – 12 Days of Disney, Drinks & Dining - Updated 2/26

I am glad Morimoto redeemed itself. I can't believe they were going to put you in front of the bathroom!
I really need to get myself to Nomad Lounge. It looks like a place I would love.

Definite upgrade.
So much better! Also a beautiful picture of you and your girl!
While this was tough on the wallet, it was delicious. Ketel one cucumber and mint vodka, lychee liqueur, watermelon juice, yuzu, simple syrup, and fresh time. This summer breeze made me feel fine….. (feel free to sing along)
Oooh! Exactly my favourite flavour profile. :)
After dinner we walked around Disney Springs and happened upon one of our favorite Disney live streamers, Cory Meets World, and were on his stream. Not sure if anyone else watches him but he’s very engaging and a lot of fun to watch. Casey of course thought she was now doubly famous between being in my dining reports and on a live stream. And spoiler alert in a few more days she’ll meet even bigger youtube celebrities that rhyme with Hen and Mo on the Ho.
I haven't watched Cory meets world but will have to check him out. I might know those other famous vloggers you mention.....
After a previously bad showing we could not have been happier with our dinner. Wonderful drinks, tremendous appetizers, crispy duck, and a great table. We had died and gone to Morimoto heaven.
Everything looks so good! Bill and I have Morimoto on the list for March and I am so excited to try it out.

I'm finally caught up…you are moving much faster than you normally do! I had a BUNCH quoted yesterday and went back today to finish reading and of course, they were gone :sad1:

Though some were clearly more glamorous than others.

I love this! You girls look gorgeous!

Soon enough we were whisked up to the California Grill and were promptly seated at the worst table in the entire restaurant. Our table was basically in the middle of the room next to the exit to one of the balcony’s.

Ours a couple weeks ago could give yours a run for your money. Looking at those doors go left and eep walking and walking and walking…I didn't even know the restaurant went that far. I guess I should be happy we weren't next to people walking in and out.

Though in a bit of cosmic karma people could go out but couldn't get back in and we may or may not have pretended that we didn't notice :rolleyes1

:rotfl:

And before I leave my table rant lest I forget our other view of a Piggly Wiggly advertisement.

Oh my goodness! :rotfl2:

Before we’d even finished our appetizers, our entrees arrived which is a huge pet peeve of mine.

Yikes…I know how much you hate to be rushed!

Overall our food tonight was great but our experience was just off. The table was horrible and the whole meal felt really rushed. I like a long leisurely meal and we were in and out of CG in less than an hour. We’ll definitely be back at some point, but with their shift to a price fix menu we won’t be in any rush.

To be honest, we didn't love CG either. I had been looking forward to bringing Mike there since our cancelled trip in 2020 and while our food was good, our seats sucked and I didn't love the prix fix menu. I literally couldn't even pick from one of the gross appetizers, so I asked if I could get the "dessert cheese" as my app and thankfully they allowed it, but he made it sound like it was a big deal that he was doing so. They whole meal definitely wasn't worth the price we paid…and if you remember, I didn't even say that about our dinner at CRT.

After 3 days in Disney and spending next to no time with us his royal Groomness had finally allowed my brother some time away from the itinerary of prescheduled wedding fun so we could spend a little time together.

Yay! Finally!

We even met Kevin!

Aw, I love Kevin! :love:

NOMAD LOUNGE

Jason and I even twinned for our triumphant return to the most perfect of Disney lounges.

You both look AMAZING! Love those shirts!

At this point we sadly said farewell to the lounge and my brother and ended our day at Disney’s Animal Kingdom on a high note.

What a nice way to end your day. I still have to bring Mike to Nomad Lounge and I want that cauliflower!

Definite upgrade.

Awesome!

spoiler alert in a few more days she’ll meet even bigger youtube celebrities that rhyme with Hen and Mo on the Ho.

It is very hard to go back to a restaurant after you have had a bad experience. But it looks like it paid off big time. :)

And Ms. Casey ordered the Lemonade Green Tea with Kiwi Boba balls.
Was this "all about the Boba balls"? :) Casey looks happy.
This was one of the best dumplings I’ve ever had and let me tell ya I’ve thrown down on plenty.
This is very high praise. The Peking duck looks good, too. :)

Last edited:
But we were in our own private room.
Great room!!!!

And Ms. Casey ordered the Lemonade Green Tea with Kiwi Boba balls.
perfect kid drink!

These were a special for the night and oh my they were delicious. While they weren’t as spicy as I would have expected they had a tremendous depth of sausage and umami flavors. Simultaneously the wrappers were so light they were almost ethereal. My only complaint was there were not enough of them. This was one of the best dumplings I’ve ever had and let me tell ya I’ve thrown down on plenty.
Those look amazing. I wish they were on the menu all the time!

. I was a little disappointed that these were served with flour tortillas instead of actual pancakes, but if that was my only complaint clearly a winner.
That is a little lame for them...

After a previously bad showing we could not have been happier with our dinner. Wonderful drinks, tremendous appetizers, crispy duck, and a great table. We had died and gone to Morimoto heaven.
Glad this time was better. Now that Gwen loves ramen I def want to come back here on our next trip.

After dinner we walked around Disney Springs and happened upon one of our favorite Disney live streamers, Cory Meets World, and were on his stream. Not sure if anyone else watches him but he’s very engaging and a lot of fun to watch.
I will have to give Cory Meets World a try. Me and Gwen have been watching lots of All Ears.net with Molly. She would love to run into her when we are there. they also do scavenger hunts in the parks. Very fun to watch.

And spoiler alert in a few more days she’ll meet even bigger youtube celebrities that rhyme with Hen and Mo on the Ho.
Ha! Who could that be....

I guess I just don't understand those excessive donuts - give me an old fashioned sugar donut and I'm happy - I don't need cereal and candy and all these crazy flavours...
I'm so with you on both counts. I'm a glazed donut and cherrios kinda gal

Casey was like...4 or 5... when I started reading your reports! And I have no idea where my first 17 months with Jocelyn have gone! It's flown by!
It's crazy how the time flies. When we were kids it felt like time was standing still. Then as parents its the exact opposite

Your meal at Morimoto sounds scrumptious . Thank goodness the tables have turned and you got somewhere decent ( ok fab) to sit and eat. Your drink sounds good but ouch on the price!
Scrumptious is the perfect world. Casey and I especially love Asian food so we were thrilled to have a delicious meal at the perfect table.

Awesome table upgrade!! I can't really understand at any restaurant anywhere why there are even tables anywhere near the bathroom in the first place!
I know, right? We were thrilled to have this table but us getting bad tables has almost become comical.

That is such a great Mary Poppins costume! Love that there are still huge fans of hers everywhere!
Thanks! We are definitely an old school Disney kinda family

Your meal at Morimoto looked amazing. That's one spot that we haven't tried yet....usually make a ressie and then cancel to go back to Boathouse or Homecomin.
There are so many good options at Disney Springs it really does make it hard to branch out after you've found something so good.

Yummy to all of it! Andi requested Morimoto in December so we are going and I am excited. We haven’t been here in awhile!
I love the ribs but all your choices look great and kudos to the table upgrade!
Hope you all enjoy. I'm not sure why we didn't order the ribs because we love them. I'll blame it on dumpling brain.

:rotfl:I love this so much. Please tell me the next time you're visiting because I feel like we need a meet-up (for drinks obvi).
I would love that. We'll actually be down there next month from the 4th to the 12th. Will have some time with Ariane and Jenny early in the week and then birthday time with Kelly the end of the week. Would love to finally meet you with any or all of the above 🙂

I am glad Morimoto redeemed itself. I can't believe they were going to put you in front of the bathroom!
I really need to get myself to Nomad Lounge. It looks like a place I would love.
Thanks. Morimoto really did redeem itself despite trying to give us a terrible table to begin with. You would definitely love Nomad's. Such the perfect spot to relax and adult some yummie food and drinks

I haven't watched Cory meets world but will have to check him out. I might know those other famous vloggers you mention.....
🙂 We are big fans of Cory and ResortTv1. We found both during the height of covid so they were our connection to Disney that kept us going. Cory streams alone most of the time but I've never seen someone be more entertaining while talking to themselves for hours.

Everything looks so good! Bill and I have Morimoto on the list for March and I am so excited to try it out.
You both will definitely love it. Just be sure not to get a table near the bathroom or an exit door :rotfl:

I'm finally caught up…you are moving much faster than you normally do! I had a BUNCH quoted yesterday and went back today to finish reading and of course, they were gone :sad1:
I'm doing my best. Have a trip with some very special people coming up in a month so want to have this one most of the way there before then 🙂

Ours a couple weeks ago could give yours a run for your money. Looking at those doors go left and eep walking and walking and walking…I didn't even know the restaurant went that far. I guess I should be happy we weren't next to people walking in and out.
We got seated back in that room once before and I never knew it was there either. I'd have to say that was preferable to the table door, but certainly not as interesting :rotfl:

Yikes…I know how much you hate to be rushed!
I do! You better be ready for some long meals with some very chatty Stones :rotfl:

To be honest, we didn't love CG either. I had been looking forward to bringing Mike there since our cancelled trip in 2020 and while our food was good, our seats sucked and I didn't love the prix fix menu. I literally couldn't even pick from one of the gross appetizers, so I asked if I could get the "dessert cheese" as my app and thankfully they allowed it, but he made it sound like it was a big deal that he was doing so. They whole meal definitely wasn't worth the price we paid…and if you remember, I didn't even say that about our dinner at CRT.
Only you would say gross to sushi and wontons or pizza. Didn't they have a salad on the appetizer menu? :rotfl2: But I am with you on the price fix menu. I have zero interested in eating there with it. I want flexibility in what I order, not a menu dictating what I eat and how much I have to pay.

You both look AMAZING! Love those shirts!
Thank you! These are my new favorites

What a nice way to end your day. I still have to bring Mike to Nomad Lounge and I want that cauliflower!
Yes. Yes. and Yes. No chance he doesn't love it

It is very hard to go back to a restaurant after you have had a bad experience. But it looks like it paid off big time. :)
It really did. It's so hard to look past the short comings and try again but thankfully Casey new better than us and we had a terrific meal.

Was this "all about the Bobo balls"? :) Casey looks happy.
:rotfl: Yes she was. She is actually on a kick of making her own boba balls at home now.

Those look amazing. I wish they were on the menu all the time!
They really were. We had a great sichuan restaurant by our house that had something similar but they shut down a few years ago. This was the closest thing I've had to those and may have been a bit better.

Glad this time was better. Now that Gwen loves ramen I def want to come back here on our next trip.
Gwen is eating ramen??? That is awesome. You'll definitely have to do some Moromoto again

I will have to give Cory Meets World a try. Me and Gwen have been watching lots of All Ears.net with Molly. She would love to run into her when we are there. they also do scavenger hunts in the parks. Very fun to watch.
I think Kelly watches Molly too. I'll have to look her up. Casey would definitely like a scavenger hunt.

Assuming this is similar to the Cheshire cat tail at MK?
It was. Pretty sure it was exactly the same sans the icing on top.

I would love that. We'll actually be down there next month from the 4th to the 12th. Will have some time with Ariane and Jenny early in the week and then birthday time with Kelly the end of the week. Would love to finally meet you with any or all of the above 🙂

Loved the latest reviews. I'm another one who has yet to try Nomad Lounge...maybe next year. We did JUST try Tiffins almost exactly a year ago though. Also Morimoto was on my schedule for our last trip but we ended up dropping it. Seeing some of your food makes me determined to try again.

Did I hear tell you are going back in December? Guess who just bought tickets to Florida last night for a quick trip Dec 9th thru 11th? Only doing UNIVERSAL parks but considering one or two non Disney park meals. I already booked Toledo but as always that's subject to change.

Maybe we will run into you?

Only you would say gross to sushi and wontons or pizza. Didn't they have a salad on the appetizer menu? :rotfl2: But I am with you on the price fix menu.

I know! Mike did enjoy his sushi appetizer, but even the salad sounded GROSS…and I've never met a salad I didn't love, so there's that!

Loved the latest reviews. I'm another one who has yet to try Nomad Lounge...maybe next year. We did JUST try Tiffins almost exactly a year ago though. Also Morimoto was on my schedule for our last trip but we ended up dropping it. Seeing some of your food makes me determined to try again.
If you liked Tiffins you should definitely give Nomad's a try. Similar experience (and food) just in a much more relaxed atmosphere. I especially love the outdoor seats. Hoping we can get there next month.

Did I hear tell you are going back in December? Guess who just bought tickets to Florida last night for a quick trip Dec 9th thru 11th? Only doing UNIVERSAL parks but considering one or two non Disney park meals. I already booked Toledo but as always that's subject to change.
Yep we will be there the week of the 5th. Just Disney though I think we'll probably try Universal next time we go. Casey is all in on Harry Potter these days. Jason and I have been to Universal but that was like 20 years ago when we were just friends in college so its been a minute. And we have Toledo booked too though it early in our trip.

Maybe we will run into you?
We just may. If nothing else on the plane. We're coming home the afternoon of the 11th into National.

I know! Mike did enjoy his sushi appetizer, but even the salad sounded GROSS…and I've never met a salad I didn't love, so there's that!
Well now clearly you did :rotfl2:

We went there shortly after it opened and I swear we had the pancakes...the lovely fluffy ones. That's a bummer.
Now that sounds awesome. We definitely could have used some of those.

Love me some Seals and Croft! Yacht Rock Radio Baby!!!
YES!!!!! Though why SiriusXM insists on only having it during the summer is beyond me. Yacht rock is a year round sport

YUP! And ironically she likes the marinated egg the most!
Wow! She definitely went all in

Orange You Glad for Snacks

After our best Magic Kingdom day ever just 4 days earlier we were up early again and to Magic Kingdom by 7:20. Unheard of for our sleep loving family but we hoped to enjoy a near empty park again.

And of course we all know how that old adage of hope usually works out.

Sigh. And that’s just the front view. Behind us behold this beautiful sight.

Apparently rope drop had started back. :thumbsup2 Disney. Not like a pandemic was still going on or anything :rolleyes1

We were held here until after 8 and eventually made our way with our 1,000 new friends to Mine Train. Between being held and the mine train line we ended up waiting 75 minutes. We would have been much better off just getting in line later in the day. But we were learning Disney life lessons people.

After that we did manage to ride through space before we waited for a big ole pooh and we swam with some fishes before ho'ing it up with those dastardly pirates. Then we ended our morning narrowly escaping death on a runaway train before jammin' with those 1971 originals.

Not the productive morning we had in mind but along the way there were SNACKS.

First up Casey posed with the inspiration for her outfit today.

Before diving into the citrus swirl.

We are most definitely on team dole whip but it was good to remind ourselves how the other team lives. The creamsicle flavors of the swirl are definitely good, but we were all missing the tartness of our beloved dole whip.

Needing some salty to help balance the sweet we also chowed down on some popcorn.

My brain understands this is just the same popcorn they sell in the grocery store sold at a 1000% mark up. But my heart will always say popcorn just tastes better in Disney.

We headed out of the Kingdom of Magic around noon as we were meeting my brother for one last time in Disney Springs. I’ll save our lunch until the next post but in keeping with the snack theme he was kind enough to pick us up some of these bad boys.

Behold the Gideons cookie. And let me just tell ya the hype is real. We spent the better part of the trip munching on these half pound monsters and they were as big and delicious as I’d heard.

We tried the chocolate chip, triple chocolate chip, pistachio toffee chocolate chip, and my personal favorite the coffee cake. These cookies are somehow cooked but still taste like cookie dough, which to be clear is the best part of making cookies. They were all home runs and I’m suddenly remembering we put one in the freezer after our last trip and its still there. Gotta go :car:

Up next Art….We’re Coming Home

YIKES!!!! I know the first time we have this happen to us, I may have a mini panic attack. But it is bound to happen.

:thumbsup2 Disney. Not like a pandemic was still going on or anything :rolleyes1
I really don't know why they want back to this way. It's no fun pandemic or not.

Not the productive morning we had in mind but along the way there were SNACKS.
Snacks are the most important part anyway.

More cute ears!!!

My brain understands this is just the same popcorn they sell in the grocery store sold at a 1000% mark up. But my heart will always say popcorn just tastes better in Disney.
It is true...

Behold the Gideons cookie. And let me just tell ya the hype is real. We spent the better part of the trip munching on these half pound monsters and they were as big and delicious as I’d heard.
YUM!!! Can't wait to get some of these. Hopefully.

They were all home runs and I’m suddenly remembering we put one in the freezer after our last trip and its still there. Gotta go
I was thinking the same thing. Bring some home!

Apparently rope drop had started back. :thumbsup2 Disney. Not like a pandemic was still going on or anything :rolleyes1

Yikes!!!! Yeah...they seem to have moved on from the pandemic in FL....just looking at this pic gives me anxiety...ugh....

This is so true!! I guess it's because to get Disney popcorn you have to be AT Disney...so..there's that...

YES!!!!! Though why SiriusXM insists on only having it during the summer is beyond me. Yacht rock is a year round sport
OMG! Joe and I say this all the time!!!!!

This is sooooo true.

These are so delicious but Joe and I are only able to eat a bite at a time.

We tried the chocolate chip, triple chocolate chip, pistachio toffee chocolate chip, and my personal favorite the coffee cake.
The pistachio is definitely our favorite but we liked the coffee cake one too.
I cannot wait to see you in a few weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, my!

before jammin' with those 1971 originals.

Still haven’t gotten here…definitely a priority in December!

Before diving into the citrus swirl.

My favorite yet! She looks adorable!

They truly are the best! But their red velvet cake is even better!

We were held here until after 8 and eventually made our way with our 1,000 new friends to Mine Train. Between being held and the mine train line we ended up waiting 75 minutes. We would have been much better off just getting in line later in the day. But we were learning Disney life lessons people.
Wow - that is a huge line. 75minutes is a really long wait. We had that happen at Flight of Passage in AK. We got in the huge early opening line, and it ended up taking at least 75 minutes to get through it. By the time we were finished the wait time was about 15 minutes shorter.
I love the orange bird ears. :)
he was kind enough to pick us up some of these bad boys.
That was really nice of your brother to pick up Gideon's cookies. The long line makes it big task. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter