The Dis Dad's Club III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! I am Maroo! :)

I am neither a Mom or a Dad, but I have close ties to several of our Wish Trip families and was able to go on a wish trip with the girl that I take care of. :)

I am not sure what all you guys have decided - but I am going to just throw this out there...

Make a Wish and GKTW are both WONDERFUL organizations that can both use funds to help grant the wishes of children.

However, I honestly think GKTW makes more sense as the organization of choice for us die hard Disney fans because that is the main organization that really grants the Disney wishes. Each local MAW chapter sends some money to GKTW to help support their particular wish family that is going to be at GKTW for the week - but for the most part, GKTW is responsible for getting the tickets, providing lodging and maintaining the awesome grounds and programs for the wish families.

Staying at GKTW is truly a magical experience and what it gives to the families in the way of hope is something that simply can't be explained in words here.

If you are interested in reading more about DIS kids going on Wish Trips, check out the Wish Trippers thread - we have a lot of trip reports that are completed that have info about GKTW. :)

And one day soon Tim's family (that's nice) will be staying at GKTW, which is going to be awesome!

Thanks for the information Maroo.:thumbsup2

Posts are slow today. I was counting on some decent amount of posts to keep me busy today while sitting at the hosp for wifes surgery. Doc said all went well and she is in recovery. So give me some posts to read while I waiting for her to come out of rec.
I like the idea of the DDC stepping up and trying to make a difference for some kids.I knoa a lot of us never met but it seems like we are all on the same page(at least same book) lol
I see some crickets being kicked up soon
Ps sending this from blackberry so not sure if doing it right

Posts are slow today. I was counting on some decent amount of posts to keep me busy today while sitting at the hosp for wifes surgery. Doc said all went well and she is in recovery. So give me some posts to read while I waiting for her to come out of rec.
I like the idea of the DDC stepping up and trying to make a difference for some kids.I knoa a lot of us never met but it seems like we are all on the same page(at least same book) lol

Yep... it did it right! Glad to hear the surgery went well! I was in your shoes last week... sitting in the waiting area... checking out the DDC thread. When the receptionist called my name, I had to tell her to hold on... gotta send this reply first! :rotfl2:

Glad it went well.:thumbsup2

Yep... it did it right! Glad to hear the surgery went well! I was in your shoes last week... sitting in the waiting area... checking out the DDC thread. When the receptionist called my name, I had to tell her to hold on... gotta send this reply first! :rotfl2:

that is what you call priorities my friend.:lmao::lmao:

glad everything worked out for you guys!!:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 Glad to hear it went well :thumbsup2

:rotfl:

I just wanted to give CJ9200 props for writing new text for us on our donation page. I think he did a great job. It now reads as follows:

Who are we? The Dis Dads is a social networking group that are first and foremost dads but are also Disney fanatics. We have adopted Give Kids the World (GKTW) as a charity we would like to support. And, we are asking for you to help us.

GKTW is an amazing place for families of children that are facing life threatening illnesses. Over 90,000 families from all 50 states and 65 countries have experienced a magical week-long breather from the stress and strain of having a child that is critically ill. They are provided with room and meals (including ice cream for breakfast if they want), tickets to the parks and loving environment. This fantasy vacation is cost free to the families and is only possible because of the generosity of others.

Every Dis Dad remembers the first time our son or daughter hugged Mickey or Minnie and experienced the fun and excitement of visiting Walt Disney World. Your contribution will go a long way to making that experience a reality for a sick child. And it will add a memory that is shared with their mom and dad and siblings. To learn more about Give Kids the World, you can visit them at http://www.gktw.org/. If you are interested in joining our merry band of Dis Dads, you can check us out at www.disboards.com/showthread.php

This is from one of the families that stayed at GKTW.

“It is people like you that provide a place – a little piece of heaven on earth – that gives families hope, faith and encouragement. Thank you.”
The D. family, MO

Your support is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again CJ:thumbsup2

I just wanted to give CJ9200 props for writing new text for us on our donation page. I think he did a great job. It now reads as follows:

Who are we? The Dis Dads is a social networking group that are first and foremost dads but are also Disney fanatics. We have adopted Give Kids the World (GKTW) as a charity we would like to support. And, we are asking for you to help us.

GKTW is an amazing place for families of children that are facing life threatening illnesses. Over 90,000 families from all 50 states and 65 countries have experienced a magical week-long breather from the stress and strain of having a child that is critically ill. They are provided with room and meals (including ice cream for breakfast if they want), tickets to the parks and loving environment. This fantasy vacation is cost free to the families and is only possible because of the generosity of others.

Every Dis Dad remembers the first time our son or daughter hugged Mickey or Minnie and experienced the fun and excitement of visiting Walt Disney World. Your contribution will go a long way to making that experience a reality for a sick child. And it will add a memory that is shared with their mom and dad and siblings. To learn more about Give Kids the World, you can visit them at http://www.gktw.org/. If you are interested in joining our merry band of Dis Dads, you can check us out at www.disboards.com/showthread.php

“It is people like you that provide a place – a little piece of heaven on earth – that gives families hope, faith and encouragement. Thank you.”
The D. family, MO

Very cool text! Way to go CJ!

I don't know how he did it but I can tell you what happened with me. I ordered it on a Friday or Saturday and I got the cancellation notice on Sunday. I can't figure out why I never got the notice when I saved the design. I guess someone has to look at the order to realize it has infringed on a copyright. Maybe Christian will still get zinged before it's shipped. I no longer have the design available, although it could be redone. I just don't think we can get away with it. I guess I'll scrap the image on the new one. Thanks for the feedback; I feel the same way.

All I know is that I want "a" Dis Dad shirt before my June trip. We are depending on you. Think the old Star Trek episodes. “Scottie, we need those Dis Dad shirts warp speed.” “But Captain, I can’t bypass the copyright infringements. If I do she is going to blow.” (us older guys might get this one)

Seriously, you have put in a ton of time getting us a shirt. I am good with whatever you come up with that works. Thanks.

The D. family, MO

Great write up. However, you just need to change the link to the Club's page. It needs to be http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2366118. (At least for now. As soon as DDC IV gets up and running, it will have a new URL.)

Great write up. However, you just need to change the link to the Club's page. It needs to be http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2366118. (At least for now. As soon as DDC IV gets up and running, it will have a new URL.)

Since I am the technophobe, I am depending on chillcoupns (it was his idea and he needs props for that) to update the page. My question is when we do we start taunting the Dis Moms?

Just to let you know, we are already over 10% toward our goal.

Since I am the technophobe, I am depending on chillcoupns (it was his idea and he needs props for that) to update the page. My question is when we do we start taunting the Dis Moms?

Just to let you know, we are already over 10% toward our goal.

I don't think the Dis Moms that were referenced was the Dis Mom's Club here on disboards.com. Brittany (Christian's contact at GKTW) called them the Dis Mom's Panel, which are actually sponsored by Disney to answer vacation planning questions. http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/panelists.aspx

I made it to Orlando but I did not do any of the Disney Parks. I had a room paid for for three nights at the Omni at Championsgate and I had free tickets to Universal and Islands of Adventure. We were not going to go and just eat the cost of the room because my wife could not get off of work (we booked the room on priceline and could not cancel). It was my birthday weekend so my son and I, with my wife's approval, packed up and drove 11 hours to Orlando from NC.

We hit the pool and used our free tickets to Universal and Islands of Adventure. Although I did not have the time or money to do any of the Disney parks my son and I went to Downtown Disney and ate at The Earl Of Sandwich. That by far is the best food deal in Disney! Great sandwichs for $5.95! From there we took the bus to the Contemporary Resort so that we could ride the monorail. We rode "Old Bandaid" through EPCOT, took the Ferry to Magic Kingdom, and took a boat to the Wilderness Lodge. From there we rode the bus back to Downtown Disney. We did this to get a litte Disney fix before we left that evening. Sorry this is all jumbled up but I rushing to get to my nephews birthday party.

Oh...Please do not drive to Floriday via I-95 during this time of the year at night! The deer are all over the place! There was blood and deer body parts all over the interstate. They were coming so close to my car! It is really not safe out there right now. I saw two accidents. One of which rwo people died when two vans collided! I believe they were trying to avoid deer.

Just catching up on the posts here and just wanted to say that this actually sounds like it was a real nice trip and a nice time just for the boys...

Hey guys - I spent a good portion of yesterday afternoon scanning old photos from when I was a kid. I've been slowly going through all of the negatives and photos from my youth and getting them scanned. It's been a long process, but eventually I'll get them all done.

Christopher, these are some awesome pictures! And these look very familiar from what I recall of my childhood pictures. You've inspired me: next time I'm at my mom's I'm going to rummage through the old photo albums!

Can you put goofy on the front and the words on the back? Or does that get the axe too?

Here are Zazzle's Disney Customization Guidelines...I mad a few BOLD which could be the reason MiJo got the decline.

I think having "disboards.com" may have been an issue.
Also he mentioned the slogan "Off Topic since 2007"...may have also been an issue.

Not sure if the "the DIS Dad's Club" would be of any issue??? :confused3

Just for the Heck of it I submited an order with the Following"

"the DIS Dad's Club"
The Happy looking Goofy Picture
Member #104
Nate (aka CornFuzz)

Used the FONT called BIG LIMBO in Lime Green.
had the small Pocket Logo on Front
Large on the Back.

We'll see.

I'll bet these were the two "offending" items as well.

I just ordered one as well, using the same kind of thing Nate did and have my confirmation email. The tracking link says the orders take 3-5 days to go from order to processing to production to quality assurance to shipping - so it could very well be that mine will get rejected during the processing stage as well like MiJo's did. We'll see.

Chill... you should check your tracking link to see where your order is at in the sequence.

I just checked it was shipped 4/2/2010 and it is in transit on time coming to Michigan from San Jose Ca. It must have slipped through the cracks.:rolleyes1

All I know is that I want "a" Dis Dad shirt before my June trip. We are depending on you. Think the old Star Trek episodes. “Scottie, we need those Dis Dad shirts warp speed.” “But Captain, I can’t bypass the copyright infringements. If I do she is going to blow.” (us older guys might get this one)

Seriously, you have put in a ton of time getting us a shirt. I am good with whatever you come up with that works. Thanks.

I thought I'd respond to all of you guys at once.
I hope you're right! :banana:

My impression from the email I got was that the Disney shirts could not be altered in any way. Unfortunately, I've already deleted the email so I can't even check it again. Thanks for all the effort, guys! Maybe this will work out afterall. :woohoo:
I can't wait to see photos of the first one delivered!

I thought I'd respond to all of you guys at once.
I hope you're right! :banana:

My impression from the email I got was that the Disney shirts could not be altered in any way. Unfortunately, I've already deleted the email so I can't even check it again. Thanks for all the effort, guys! Maybe this will work out afterall. :woohoo:
I can't wait to see photos of the first one delivered!

I just checked the status of my order & it changed from ordered to processed. Next up is production if they don't kick it back...

I just checked the status of my order & it changed from ordered to processed. Next up is production if they don't kick it back...

I wonder if different people in the design department are interpreting the rules differently? This going to be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter