The DIS Dad's Club IV - Man Laws & Cheese Balls

Status
Not open for further replies.
MIJO, next sat. dw and dd are going to hackensack nj for a dance comp. if your free your welcome to stop over. i can pm you better directions how to get here. im only 2 blocks west of holy family club.:thumbsup2

I need to get a job there! We used to do the live streaming coverage at work. You could walk down the aisle and hear it in stereo coming from the cubicles. :rotfl2: The Bandwidth Fun Police made short work of that one.
I had our bandwidth monitor up too. It was working pretty hard (usually around 6-7 Mbps) but it was Friday and no one seemed to care. :confused3

Absolutely! I asked him about finishing the TR, but he said he had been working on the DDCIV thread, so I couldn't give him too much grief. However, he did give me a sneak peak at the conclusion to his TR, and I gotta say: WOW. He really pulled out all the stops. Big laughs, exciting thrills, cliffhangers, 3-dimensional quirky characters, and a game-changing twist ending I never saw coming. You guys are in for a treat! pirate:
Oh boy oh boy oh boy! I can't wait to see what Don has in store. Don't let us down, Don!

What's wrong with talking about a cheesehead over cheesecake? My kids made short work of the cheeseballs in the van, by the way. Good thing Don didn't post the stuff we said about the rest of you guys...:rolleyes1
Since you put it like that, nothing.
Tell the Oblivious Fleet nice work on that bucket!

I'll try to get some pictures posted on Facebook soon. Don mentioned having me to a mini-TR here in the Dads thread, but I'm not sure I want to hijack it for a non-Disney trip here! pirate: We did have a great time, though! The kids are really turning into veteran travelers. Long car rides didn't faze them. For the most part. Thank God for portable DVD players. :thumbsup2

Glad to hear everyone enjoyed it.
Yeah, we sure wouldn't want to go :offtopic: around here, would we? :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

I'm watching The AristoCats with The Bug, and she is recognizing the characters voices - calling out the other Disney movies she knows their voices from. :smickey:
Excellent. The indoctrination has begun to take affect!

What is that smell in here??? (Must be Barry's.)
It's a signature! ::yes::

Thanks!!! I was very lucky to get the last word in!!
Now let's see if you can do that at home with DW sometime. :lmao:

Let me know if you get together in Racine / Milwaukee. I'm only about 45 - 50 mins away and I would be willing to drive the minivan up there. (sorry Fed, no spinners) :laughing:
I can head south too, if you're in Chicago for work.

This has been going through my head on a loop for the past 2 days, only I hear it with my Austrian Immigrant FIL's voice. (very Strong Germanic)
Ohh, try it in Schwarzenegger's Terminator voice. It sounds awesomely creepy!

The contest is a thread here on the Disboards....each week someone posts a Disney related photo and then everyone is invited to caption it. On Thursday all the captions are put up for a vote and the one who gets the most votes wins for the week and then has until Monday to submit another Disney photo for the next weeks contest. One of my pictures was the one being captions this week since I won the week before. Here is a link to the thread. I think the DisDads need to get in there and show them we have a sense of humor!!

Disney Caption Photo Contest Thread

Please tell me you have a pic of them loading an ECV on a bus we can caption.:scared1:

Christopher, let me know if you're ever here visiting your client in Delaware. We'll make it happen! :thumbsup2

Absolutely Mark!

Let me know if you get together in Racine / Milwaukee. I'm only about 45 - 50 mins away and I would be willing to drive the minivan up there. (sorry Fed, no spinners) :laughing:

I can head south too, if you're in Chicago for work.

Will do! Could actually be sooner than later too... a very possible trip to Chicagoland (Hoffman Estates) is looming on the horizon in the next 3-4 weeks as the need just cropped up just yesterday.

The new place looks great. Thanks for all the hard work.

Good news:thumbsup2. After our week trip to Gatlinburg, DW said, ""Why didn't we go to Disney for Spring Break?" I have already started planning next year's trip. :woohoo:

From the Man Law, FreezinRafiki's picture of Jasmine inspired me to find my favorite from our trip in 2006. While we were sitting in Akershus (Princess Breakfast in Norway), Jasmine walked up beside me and I received an eyeful. I was able to take the picture with dds, but DW said she wished she could have had a picture of me with her DDs.

aPic.jpg

we have to meet up. hows that toilet working? this summer we have to plan a small meet. there are about 5 -6 of us that all live some what close together. i think ill pass on my meat, who knows how long it was out of the freezer for. but if they need me to id it i will.:thumbsup2 im happy they got them, i thought it was someone in nazareth doing it to be able to get into the alleys and garages like they did.

It's still sitting in the basement in the boxes. We wanted to redo the bathroom ceiling before we installed it but we're thinking about installing it today anyway. Our current throne has a problem and it needs to be replaced. I can't wait to flip the handle on the Toto and be transported to Kansas! Or Oz! :lmao:

MIJO, next sat. dw and dd are going to hackensack nj for a dance comp. if your free your welcome to stop over. i can pm you better directions how to get here. im only 2 blocks west of holy family club.:thumbsup2

As we say at work, "Thanks but no thanks!" I don't think I could sit through one of those for very long. We were actually in Nazareth this morning for a yard sale. I was looking for a Disney themed house but didn't see one.:confused3:lmao:

Looks like a beautiful day here in the Ohio Valley this morning...Shari is still in Indianapolis at a conference so it will be busy for us here at home. t-Ball practice at 1. Got to go to the bank and the grocery store (I would rather take a beating than go to grocery store on a Saturday:scared1:). Sometime today I need to mow the yard again. I have only managed to get it done twice this week so far!:rotfl2:

Did anyone check out the Disney Photo Caption thread and join in yet?

Ok, so yesterday I learn that there is a little boy in my 5 y/o DD's class that likes to hold her hand in the playground. So I asked her, "Who is Cameron?"

She looks at me and says "He's my boy."

"But I thought I was your boy." I said.

She smiles, "Ok, you can be my boy to."

Looks like it might be time to dust off the old Lousville Slugger and get some batting practice....

Ok, so yesterday I learn that there is a little boy in my 5 y/o DD's class that likes to hold her hand in the playground. So I asked her, "Who is Cameron?"

She looks at me and says "He's my boy."

"But I thought I was your boy." I said.

She smiles, "Ok, you can be my boy to."

Looks like it might be time to dust off the old Lousville Slugger and get some batting practice....

Very funny except I have a 5 yr old boy who likes to hold hands.
:scared1:

It's still sitting in the basement in the boxes. We wanted to redo the bathroom ceiling before we installed it but we're thinking about installing it today anyway. Our current throne has a problem and it needs to be replaced. I can't wait to flip the handle on the Toto and be transported to Kansas! Or Oz! :lmao:

As we say at work, "Thanks but no thanks!" I don't think I could sit through one of those for very long. We were actually in Nazareth this morning for a yard sale. I was looking for a Disney themed house but didn't see one.:confused3:lmao:

ill be home next sat. dw and dd are going to hackensack not me. i get lost everytime i go over there and all that foul language!!!:lmao: ill show you the themed house.:lmao:

Mine is 16 and she knows I have it ready. So do the boys. And they all think I am crazy enough to use it.

I have finally found a home! And acceptance!
WELCOME! :banana:

ill be home next sat. dw and dd are going to hackensack not me. i get lost everytime i go over there and all that foul language!!!:lmao: ill show you the themed house.:lmao:
I don't know what's going on yet but I'll definitely keep the invite in mind!

Speaking of old Disney photos ~ When I was stationed in San Diego, I made a trip up to DisneyLand with 3 of my Navy buddies on 8/21/71. Here are the photos I can find of the trip. Funny, I haven't seen or heard from any of these guys, except Goofy, since we graduated Radioman "A" School.

I'm the one with the hat in this one.......Wait! I mean I'm on the left! We asked Goofy how much he got paid and he responded, "Not enough!":lmao:
TheboyswithGoofy2-crop.jpg

Here we are in an antique truck.
Theboysantiquetruck-crop.jpg

This one was taken in a tunnel while riding the Santa Fe R&R.
SantaFeRailroad-crop.jpg

Here's the leader of the parade on Main Street, USA!
Mickeyleadstheparade-crop.jpg

Here's a shot of Main Street. Take note of the Bermuda shorts, black socks and shoes combo on the right. Thank goodness those days are over!:lmao:

MainStreetUSA-crop.jpg

And, here is part of what was the 8th largest sub fleet in the world at the time!
20000leagues-crop.jpg

Mine is 16 and she knows I have it ready. So do the boys. And they all think I am crazy enough to use it.

My DD is only 2, but I'm dreading when she turns 16!!

Luckily my guns always need to be cleaned!! :lmao: And I'm sure whenever she has a boyfriend over it will always be time for one of them to be cleaned!! :rolleyes1

Great old shots Mike! Thanks for sharing them.

This one was taken in a tunnel while riding the Santa Fe R&R.
SantaFeRailroad-crop.jpg

The Grand Canyon Diorama! Cool stuff. The thing is, if you were to ride through it today - you wouldn't see much different - except for a different paint job on the dinos. That diorama inspired the Universe of Energy.

Here's a shot of Main Street. Take note of the Bermuda shorts, black socks and shoes combo on the right. Thank goodness those days are over!:lmao:

MainStreetUSA-crop.jpg

Sadly they aren't over for everyone... my FIL still wears combos like that - and as DW says, they're probably the originals! The man doesn't throw anything out.

Totally on a whim, I just did a whois search and discovered that the domain name "disdads.com" was available. I hope this doesn't step on anyone's toes, but I couldn't help myself. I went ahead and registered the domain name for three years. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it yet. I think I have a hosting slot available with my webhost, so I could host it for free. A few ideas I've been playing around with (as I drove back from dropping DD at her acting class):
1) Offering free disdads.com Email addresses to all DISDads Club members
2) Setting up a Wordpress-powered website, and perhaps importing some of our "standard" information there - things like Qualifications, Man Laws, etc. Obviously with links back to here for discussion.
3) (Probably my most ambitious thought) Perhaps putting together a DISDads podcast. Disney from a Dad's perspective - being an adult male Disney Geek, Disney World and Disney Movie trivia, Disney travel tips, Disney trip planning, discussion of DDC Man Laws, etc.

Anyone else have thoughts? Suggestions? Things you'd like to see? I want to be VERY clear - I have no interest in pulling anyone's attention away from our DISDads Club threads or Disboards. I just thought it might be fun to extend the experience, and to give some of the enduring stuff a fixed home - we're already up to 8 preliminary posts to new DISDads Club threads - and make it easier to find some of those things that might get lost across multiple threads.

Great old shots Mike! Thanks for sharing them.

The Grand Canyon Diorama! Cool stuff. The thing is, if you were to ride through it today - you wouldn't see much different - except for a different paint job on the dinos. That diorama inspired the Universe of Energy.

Sadly they aren't over for everyone... my FIL still wears combos like that - and as DW says, they're probably the originals! The man doesn't throw anything out.
I haven't been back to DisneyLand since then so it's nice to know they're still around..........the dinosaurs, not the black socks and shoes!:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

Totally on a whim, I just did a whois search and discovered that the domain name "disdads.com" was available. I hope this doesn't step on anyone's toes, but I couldn't help myself. I went ahead and registered the domain name for three years. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it yet. I think I have a hosting slot available with my webhost, so I could host it for free. A few ideas I've been playing around with (as I drove back from dropping DD at her acting class):
1) Offering free disdads.com Email addresses to all DISDads Club members
2) Setting up a Wordpress-powered website, and perhaps importing some of our "standard" information there - things like Qualifications, Man Laws, etc. Obviously with links back to here for discussion.
3) (Probably my most ambitious thought) Perhaps putting together a DISDads podcast. Disney from a Dad's perspective - being an adult male Disney Geek, Disney World and Disney Movie trivia, Disney travel tips, Disney trip planning, discussion of DDC Man Laws, etc.

Anyone else have thoughts? Suggestions? Things you'd like to see? I want to be VERY clear - I have no interest in pulling anyone's attention away from our DISDads Club threads or Disboards. I just thought it might be fun to extend the experience, and to give some of the enduring stuff a fixed home - we're already up to 8 preliminary posts to new DISDads Club threads - and make it easier to find some of those things that might get lost across multiple threads.

Yahoo! Our very own Web site! Thanks, AJ! :banana::woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter