The DIS Dad's Club IV - Man Laws & Cheese Balls

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is man world. We discuss man topics. MAN LAW!!! Below is our list of MAN LAWS as decreed by members:
  • There will be no discussion about bra sizes unless we include pictures like the one of Jasmine taken by FreezinRafiki (Reference)
  • Rope drop is absolutely worth while getting up to go and see. All Dis Dads should go to at least once. (Reference)
  • Putting my DS6 to bed tonight and the DW tells him to stop scratching his butt. On my way out of his room, I reply, "Yeah, your finger will stink." The DW comes downstairs five minutes later and tells me that the boy said I was right. He's washing his hands now. (Reference)
  • You can't go on your next Disney Vacation until you finish the TR from your last one. Or at least it's an Emma's Dad Law. (Reference)
  • No DIS Dad will sit in seat while a woman, child, disabled or elderly person stands on bus... unless there is to many people between you to offer the seat (example: I'm in back and person is in front of bus and 15 people standing in between) or you are holding children. (Reference)
  • When you are traveling with your family to any Disney park, for any reason - be PRESENT with them, be ENGAGED with them, and for heaven's sake, be RESPONSIVE to them. GET OFF your stupid electronic devices! (Reference)

You will do something for someone, a stranger, while in WDW, DL or on DCL that will make them smile, assist them in some way, or help to share the magic!! When you do this you will just say "I'm just doing what any Dis Dad would do"!! They may not understand, but we all will!! Then you will return here and share the magic with the rest of us Dis Dads!!

(This is NOT a contest to see who can do the nicest thing, it is just a way to share the magic!!) pixiedust:

David

Hi Guys,

I haven't been around i awhile,sorry about that. Kids have kept me really busy.:scared1: Where to start....oldest daughter (18) finally got her driver's license and is starting college. Luckily we saved for that. Oldest son (16) is playing basketball and just started highschool. Youngets 2 sons (14) and (13) are doing well. Then comes the (16) year old youngest daughter. She is my princess, but what a rebel at the moment. Between a room that is more like te Jungle Cruise than a bedroom---you will get lost in there and a boyfriend that I can't stand she is graying the edges of my hair. Wife says I need to give the bo a chance, but I said it's in my father contract not to like my daughter's boyfriend.
Anyway we are still fairly frequent visitors to Tokyo Disney Resort although for money reasons i had to give up the AP. I'm glad to see this forum is still around. I have alot of catching up to do. Heard that there is another father here in Japan. Who??
Hope to stay around this time....though I run a Disney Mystery game on another site that takes alot of time.
Oh yeah going on the new DCL ship near the end of next year.:dance3:

Ok gotta go hang clothes...so thats all for now.:laundy:

You will do something for someone, a stranger, while in WDW, DL or on DCL that will make them smile, assist them in some way, or help to share the magic!! When you do this you will just say "I'm just doing what any Dis Dad would do"!! They may not understand, but we all will!! Then you will return here and share the magic with the rest of us Dis Dads!!

(This is NOT a contest to see who can do the nicest thing, it is just a way to share the magic!!) pixiedust:

David

I like the way you think David:thumbsup2

Hi Guys,

I haven't been around i awhile,sorry about that. Kids have kept me really busy.:scared1: Where to start....oldest daughter (18) finally got her driver's license and is starting college. Luckily we saved for that. Oldest son (16) is playing basketball and just started highschool. Youngets 2 sons (14) and (13) are doing well. Then comes the (16) year old youngest daughter. She is my princess, but what a rebel at the moment. Between a room that is more like te Jungle Cruise than a bedroom---you will get lost in there and a boyfriend that I can't stand she is graying the edges of my hair. Wife says I need to give the bo a chance, but I said it's in my father contract not to like my daughter's boyfriend.
Anyway we are still fairly frequent visitors to Tokyo Disney Resort although for money reasons i had to give up the AP. I'm glad to see this forum is still around. I have alot of catching up to do. Heard that there is another father here in Japan. Who??
Hope to stay around this time....though I run a Disney Mystery game on another site that takes alot of time.

What is this about a Disney Mystery Game?? Tell me more!!

Christian (chillcoupons) and I are planning on getting together next week while I'm up in Michigan on business. It'll be great after 2 years to finally be able to meet in person. If something doesn't change between now and then. But we'll be sure to post a pic or two if we do. Who knows -:confused3 - maybe we'll even both wear our t-shirts!

Looking forward to Rainforest cafe! Animatronics:thumbsup2

I found out Christopher (stopher1) and I share the same birthday.

It's a good day to be born.:thumbsup2

Glad to see the new thread is receiving a warm welcome!

Speaking of DIS Dads meeting... Captain_Oblivious (Mark) and I were able to meet for a little while today at the local Cheesecake Factory! I'm not going to ruin it by telling what he did this week, but as he was heading back home from the Outer Banks, he realized he was going to swing through Virginia Beach. Couple of FB posts and phone calls later we were able to make it happen. Thanks again for the cheesecake, Mark! You have a lovely family! Too bad mine was tied up in a Princess and the Frog movie get together!

Very cool. It's great to see the dad's getting together!:cool1: I am still trying to swing December, but we are going in May and October so it might be tough.

Hi Guys,

Welcome back it's great to hear from you,:thumbsup2

Don the new thread is great. Add me for May 30 to June 5 at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village.

Thanks to everyone for your generosity to GKTW we are now up to $660.00!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I must say I'm impressed I go out of town (to Johnstown, Pa) and am away from the computer for a day and seven pages go by. :thumbsup2

Steve, I see you won the contest again, just noticed the X2. What kind of contest is it:confused3

The contest is a thread here on the Disboards....each week someone posts a Disney related photo and then everyone is invited to caption it. On Thursday all the captions are put up for a vote and the one who gets the most votes wins for the week and then has until Monday to submit another Disney photo for the next weeks contest. One of my pictures was the one being captions this week since I won the week before. Here is a link to the thread. I think the DisDads need to get in there and show them we have a sense of humor!!

Disney Caption Photo Contest Thread

I'm watching The AristoCats with The Bug, and she is recognizing the characters voices - calling out the other Disney movies she knows their voices from. :smickey:

Wow...actually work for a day and there's like a bazillion posts on DDC-III...and there's a new DDC-IV on page 6????

What is that smell in here??? (Must be Barry's.)

I've heard rumors that Don has done aTR update...and set up this place...nah that couldn't be...could it???? :confused3

What is this about a Disney Mystery Game?? Tell me more!!

I have been running a game on a Disney Pin site for years (nothing to do with pins--although the prize is a pin) The game is kind of like CLUE using DisneyCharacters and the Parks(mostly Disney Tokyo parks) The newest edition will start May 1st. Not sure if links are allowed here, but you can PM mefor more details.

I have been running a game on a Disney Pin site for years (nothing to do with pins--although the prize is a pin) The game is kind of like CLUE using DisneyCharacters and the Parks(mostly Disney Tokyo parks) The newest edition will start May 1st. Not sure if links are allowed here, but you can PM mefor more details.

To my knowledge links are allowed here

I didn't use a MyBook. I used two different brands of enclosures that hold two SATA drives and operate them in either mirrored or JBOD mode (in JBOD mode, the OS just sees them as one huge disk). The MyBook would worry me even more, because it's not designed to be opened up. The ability to pull the drives out of my enclosure was what allowed me to rescue files - I could pop the drive out and connect it to another computer running the data recovery software directly via a known good enclosure.

The things I love about the Drobo are (and I did buy mine empty, and bought cheaper drives on sale):
1. You don't have to use "matching" drives - you just won't get the full benefit of the full space on the larger drives if some drives are smaller than others.
2. It's almost infinitely and instantly upgradeable. If you pop one drive out of the array and slide in a replacement, the Drobo will format the new drive and rebuild the array. In this way, you can do phased upgrades, putting in larger drives as you find them on sale, have spare cash, etc.
3. Early warning - it constantly monitors the health of the drives, and warns you of imminent failures, so you can change out a drive BEFORE it goes bad.

My Drobo is connected directly to a WindowsXP machine, and is formatted NTFS. I installed MacFUSE and the NTFS-3g file system on my Macs, so my MacBook and the kids' Mac Mini can access the NTFS formatted Drobo in native mode.

I may follow your example - it's just going to take a while to save up the money for it. Between bills and saving for our Disney trips, spare money is hard to come by. :)

Thank you for the info!

Congrats "that's nice"!!!! You got the last word in on III!!!!!

I tried, but I was too late!!!
Thanks!!! I was very lucky to get the last word in!!

stopher was trying to get the last word in but had to take care of some 'pipe issues' :scared1::scared1:

Oh yeah. Fart jokes are always funnier in person.

Apparently I have to get into the new thread sooner than page 7. Already there is a "signature smell" to this one. :rotfl2:

Barry and I are planning on it too... if my WI customer ever gets their act together and get their package ready to roll for me to get back up there and review their credit package/construction plans once more. I'm open to getting together with any of you guys if ever in your neck of the woods. I think it would be real treat!

Let me know if you get together in Racine / Milwaukee. I'm only about 45 - 50 mins away and I would be willing to drive the minivan up there. (sorry Fed, no spinners) :laughing:

und genius! ;)

I appear to have opened Pandora's Box, and Stopher reached in and found a new toy to play with. :sad2:
:rotfl2:

This has been going through my head on a loop for the past 2 days, only I hear it with my Austrian Immigrant FIL's voice. (very Strong Germanic)

Thanks!!! I was very lucky to get the last word in!!

stopher was trying to get the last word in but had to take care of some 'pipe issues' :scared1::scared1:

I'm not convinced there wasn't a payoff involved for that spot as the last post!!! :lmao: :rotfl2:

This VistaPrint deal is even better than I thought! I can get 1 of their select T-shirt designs modified for the DIS DADS; 1 of the DIS DADS two-sided T-shirts with my design; and, 1 DIS DADS hat for $9.72 + shipping!
Still no word from Zazzle so it looks like I may be scrapping them in the very near future. Besides, I can always order one of the Goofy shirts at a later date if they change their minds about them.

Glad to see the new thread is receiving a warm welcome!

Speaking of DIS Dads meeting... Captain_Oblivious (Mark) and I were able to meet for a little while today at the local Cheesecake Factory! I'm not going to ruin it by telling what he did this week, but as he was heading back home from the Outer Banks, he realized he was going to swing through Virginia Beach. Couple of FB posts and phone calls later we were able to make it happen. Thanks again for the cheesecake, Mark! You have a lovely family! Too bad mine was tied up in a Princess and the Frog movie get together!

And the proof that it happened:

A mini DIS DADS Meet! Nice to see it! Maybe Dave and I will meet up someday soon; we are only 7 miles apart! I'm waiting for him to get a Dole Whip machine! :lmao:

Well, I pulled the trigger on my VistaPrint order. Here's what I got for $19.65:

1 VistaPrint select design T-shirt modified for the DIS DADS (one of those "Property of" and "XXL" designs in ash grey; FREE, $2.99 for the ash grey color)
1 of my own DIS DADS T-shirt design (two-sided print, preshrunk 100% white cotton; $9.73 )
1 white DIS DADS hat (white with lime lettering; FREE)
10 DIS DADS calendar 'fridge magnets (FREE)
1 DIS DADS pen (FREE)
Shipping (cheap, 21 days but I don't care)

Quite a deal! They're trying to drum up business from companies but I got the email so I tried it.
:cool1::banana:

I just got in from work and noticed the new thread up and running. I see there are cheese ball crumbs scattered everywhere!!!! Don has put so much work into this thread and we have already got it all mucked up!!! Sheeesh!!! We can't have anything!!!:thumbsup2
i have no idea who has been wiping there orange fingers on the curtains.:confused3

Wow...actually work for a day and there's like a bazillion posts on DDC-III...and there's a new DDC-IV on page 6????

What is that smell in here??? (Must be Barry's.)

I've heard rumors that Don has done aTR update...and set up this place...nah that couldn't be...could it???? :confused3
we even sung happy 11th month anniversary trip report to him.:thumbsup2
A mini DIS DADS Meet! Nice to see it! Maybe Dave and I will meet up someday soon; we are only 7 miles apart! I'm waiting for him to get a Dole Whip machine! :lmao:
we have to meet up. hows that toilet working? this summer we have to plan a small meet. there are about 5 -6 of us that all live some what close together. i think ill pass on my meat, who knows how long it was out of the freezer for. but if they need me to id it i will.:thumbsup2 im happy they got them, i thought it was someone in nazareth doing it to be able to get into the alleys and garages like they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter