• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The DIS Dad's Club IV - Man Laws & Cheese Balls

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awesome that you guys got together! I hope he was at least able to gave you some face-to-face grief about finishing your TR! :lmao:
"Hey Don, you want that last piece of cheesecake? Finish your TR." [eats last piece of cake] :rotfl2:

:lmao::lmao: Nah... BUT... he did mention that he thought you were witty and funny. Now that I think about it... I shouldn't have agreed with him :headache:

Very, very cool! I saw on FB that he would be passing through... glad you were able to make it happen. :thumbsup2

Sure was fun getting to meet someone in person that you've known only on the message boards. That reminds me... I wonder how Kevin (KTME) is doing... haven't heard from him in a little while.

Glad to see the new thread is receiving a warm welcome!

Speaking of DIS Dads meeting... Captain_Oblivious (Mark) and I were able to meet for a little while today at the local Cheesecake Factory! I'm not going to ruin it by telling what he did this week, but as he was heading back home from the Outer Banks, he realized he was going to swing through Virginia Beach. Couple of FB posts and phone calls later we were able to make it happen. Thanks again for the cheesecake, Mark! You have a lovely family! Too bad mine was tied up in a Princess and the Frog movie get together!

Glad you guys were able to make it happen! :thumbsup2

Anyone planning on traveling through CT... let me know! I'd be down for a meet!

I really thought stopher1 was going to win it this time!

At least I was 2nd to last this time.

I almost posted after his last one, but had to go check some plumbing and then when I got back to my desk, had to :scared1: take a phone call and kind of lost track of where my thoughts were. Then when I finally got focused again, I saw it had been closed. Oh well - props to Tim!!!! :yay:

Glad you guys were able to make it happen! :thumbsup2

Anyone planning on traveling through CT... let me know! I'd be down for a meet!

I have a customer in South Windsor that I need to get up to check on. I'm looking at possibly May. Another one on Long Island that I'm working on their credit file today (yes, I did say working). I like to get out to LI at least once per year. And of course get into the city, see a show, go to the WOD store and lots of other cool NYC things. If I make that trip - I'll definitely let you know when, where and all that. I didn't make it to Yankees stadium last year, but sure hope to this year - perhaps you could join me for a game.

:lmao::lmao: Nah... BUT... he did mention that he thought you were witty and funny. Now that I think about it... I shouldn't have agreed with him :headache:

Wow, I'm not sure if I should be flattered or creeped out that two guys I've never *actually* met are discussing me over cheesecake 800 miles away.

OK, I'll go with flattered!

At least I was 2nd to last this time.

I almost posted after his last one, but had to go check some plumbing and then when I got back to my desk, had to :scared1: take a phone call and kind of lost track of where my thoughts were. Then when I finally got focused again, I saw it had been closed. Oh well - props to Tim!!!! :yay:

...and "check some plumbing" is a euphemism for what, exactly? :rotfl2:

Wow, I'm not sure if I should be flattered or creeped out that two guys I've never *actually* met are discussing me over cheesecake 800 miles away.

...and "check some plumbing" is a euphemism for what, exactly? :rotfl2:

The little hole in the wall in the shared, non-office space at the end of the hall on my suite's floor. Needed to make sure there was enough liquid flowing, so I took some down there and left it behind.

I have a customer in South Windsor that I need to get up to check on. I'm looking at possibly May. Another one on Long Island that I'm working on their credit file today (yes, I did say working). I like to get out to LI at least once per year. And of course get into the city, see a show, go to the WOD store and lots of other cool NYC things. If I make that trip - I'll definitely let you know when, where and all that. I didn't make it to Yankees stadium last year, but sure hope to this year - perhaps you could join me for a game.

May & June are my busiest times of year. I'm sure I could make something work though. S. Windsor is about 40 minutes from me and I could be at Yankee Stadium in an hour and 20.

ERRRRRRR.........

I think I'd go with CREEPY!!!!!! :scared1::scared1:

At least I've actually met you and am on a first name basic with your kids! :lmao::lmao: (but I'm not talking about you with anyone.. OK? :sad2:)

Alright, DIS DADS IV!!!! Very nice job, Don! Thanks! :thumbsup2

Still no reponse from Zazzle regarding my T-shirt email. I don't know if I should resend it or just forget about it. I've come up with a Text Only design that I might go with. Instead of an image, I have my #335 in large, stencil font in the middle.

Hey Dave ~ It was great to see they nailed the bums responsible for all the thievery! Are you planning to get all your frozen meats back? :lmao:

I was lurking earlier while at work but I don't want to post my password on the Network so I couldn't post anything. I think we'll probably make short work of DIS DADS IV, though.

May & June are my busiest times of year. I'm sure I could make something work though. S. Windsor is about 40 minutes from me and I could be at Yankee Stadium in an hour and 20.

I figured as much with what you do - but given enough notice I thought I'd throw it out there. I still don't know dates, and of course when I do I'll contact you individually, but thought it would be cool. I might not even be until July or August for all I know right now. Plan, plan, plan - but then customers drag their feet or something else comes up. Changes happen. Often.

My territory covers 26 states from WI down to MO, over and down to FL and then up to ME and into Canada. I can't and don't always have much advance notice when I need to travel, but if I can work something out and get to meet some of you in person, that'd be cool. I always TRY (not always successful) to incorporate some down "fun" time into my travels on either end of the business part, sometimes in between on-site meetings. So perhaps something could work out.

A nice new thread to play with!! Yippee. I'm a little bummed that it took me til page 4 to realize there was a new one. Oh well, I'll pay better attention when we make the move to DDC 5 in a month.

Nice work, Don. Although I must admit the subtitle of "Man Laws & Cheese Balls" is throwing me off. The first time I saw it, I mentally got the order of those words wrong. ewww....

A nice new thread to play with!! Yippee. I'm a little bummed that it took me til page 4 to realize there was a new one. Oh well, I'll pay better attention when we make the move to DDC 5 in a month.

Nice work, Don. Although I must admit the subtitle of "Man Laws & Cheese Balls" is throwing me off. The first time I saw it, I mentally got the order of those words wrong. ewww....

What's wrong with Cheese Laws? Ohhhh....never mind.

I figured as much with what you do - but given enough notice I thought I'd throw it out there. I still don't know dates, and of course when I do I'll contact you individually, but thought it would be cool. I might not even be until July or August for all I know right now. Plan, plan, plan - but then customers drag their feet or something else comes up. Changes happen. Often.

My territory covers 26 states from WI down to MO, over and down to FL and then up to ME and into Canada. I can't and don't always have much advance notice when I need to travel, but if I can work something out and get to meet some of you in person, that'd be cool. I always TRY (not always successful) to incorporate some down "fun" time into my travels on either end of the business part, sometimes in between on-site meetings. So perhaps something could work out.

Sound like a plan. :thumbsup2 Who knows, we might make a summer trip out to see our friends in Indy again this summer. A meet could happen there too. ::yes::

Hey Don (and any other folks who will be going to Busch Gardens, Williamsburg this year)-

Did you know what they're introducing this year? Based on the description on their webiste, it looks like Soarin' but it will feature Europe, of course.
It opens later this spring. I'm guessing it will be where Big Bad Wolf used to be.

A visit to Busch Gardens this season is a visit to all of Europe thanks to the theme park’s newest attraction, “Europe in the Air.” This high-tech simulator takes guests on a fun-filled journey across the terrain, over the seas and through the air over Europe. The continent’s most recognizable landmarks will be featured, like Stonehenge in England, the Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany and the Coliseum in Rome. The journey continues through the streets of Paris, along the Thames River and into the sky over Ireland for a view unlike any other.

Sounds good. No news on the height requirement though.

We're using Busch Gardens as "training" for the kids this year. I want to see how much walking they can handle before the whining starts. Good info to have before the December trip.

For what it's worth, I was starting to organize my thoughts to get started on my TR from our November 7-day stay at CSR. Before I do that, I thought, I better make a little room on the old iMac and I started to clean it up by moving the files around as I usually do. I don't have a backup drive but we do our backups by sharing across the network to other machines. That way, if things fail, we're still in the clear. My iPhoto library was just shy of 75GB with 45,420 family pictures in it, most of which were collected in the last three years since we upgraded to the better Canon 8MP camera. We had movies and pictures, everything from our daily lives cataloged in nice and neat events. Things were swell.

At least until I started to back up my stuff and I found that I didn't have any room to move things where I needed to. Part of my task included erasing my WinXP partition (bootcamp) on the mac, increasing its size, and installing Win7 Home Premium. In order to do that I first had to back that up. I moved some of my iMovie events files (26GB) to another computer, purged some of the old movies and pictures, and deleted that partition. Back to the iPhoto portion, I moved off everything in my iPhoto library from 2001-2007 (9GB) from the file level (./users/me/pictures/iphoto library/original files/2001-2007, ./users/me/pictures/iphoto library/modified files/2001-2007, ./users/me/pictures/iphoto library/data/2001-2007) to help make some room. I had more than enough space to create a new 100GB Win7 bootcamp partition and I gave it a whril. 2 hours later, Win7 was up and running and I was ready to get started on the trip report. I looked at my drive and found that I had 25GB free (with the purchase of a backup drive planned for next month and knowing that I wouldn't take many more pics in the meantime) I opted to copy the photos from 2001-2007 back into my iPhoto library.

You know how, when you copy a directory of files on a Windows machine over another directory with the same directory names in it, the system will automatically append the files?

Example: Copy from
..\awesome\super\duper\
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

into:
..\awesome2\super\duper\
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

you'll get

..\awesome2\super\duper\
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Right? Well... on a mac it doesn't do that.

All of our pictures, all organized in event format, and our videos from 2008-now are gone. When I went to visit my grandma before she died? Gone. When my wife and daughter took their bonding trip to Florida via train to see the grandmas? Gone. My son's last year with the Young Marines, including the pictures of my disabled wife doing a ropes course at 70' in the air - something that will never, ever occur again? Gone. Our trip to Disney with all 7 days cataloged and sorted and ready to be put into a TR? Gone. All in all, I lost 45,000 photos and 1,200 videos.

On the plus side, I now have a wife who will not question my decision to buy a 2TB mirrored backup solution for the house.

I'd throw up the "badpc" smiley but it was my fault. No sense mocking the hardware for my mistake.

BAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter