The DIS Dad's Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
great pics!!! looks like emmas pets had fun also! i had to travel to min. one winter 4 times for work, which,no offense to anyone from min. but that is one cold state you live in! anyway, dd was little and i traveled w/ eeyore. yes, me and eeyore spent a few years together, ohio,min.and philly. great travel partner,ate alot!!

I have a teddy bear that has traveled with me for the last five years. He was a fathers day gift. I bet there are not many teddy bears that got to go to the Daytona 500.:rotfl2:

:thumbsup2 yah, i tried to stay away from the teddy bears, i hear they cant handle there alcohol. tryin to pick fights all the time, wander into bars when your not lookin! just a handfull!:lmao:

You know guys, this must be a trend, I have a Very Hungry Caterpillar that travels with me EVERYWHERE...:yay:

Maybe we should rename the club to DIS Dad's Stuffed Animal Club! :rotfl2: It's nice to know I'm not alone in the traveling companion category! Oh... one thing I forgot to mention in that TR... I brought an old laptop with me along with a webcam and I was able to teleconference with DW and DD back in VA! DD really loved this... and I was glad I took the extra time to set it all up.

Emmasdad (actually all DIS dad's) any time you're in the midwest drop me a note. If I'm able to work it out, I'd love to share a cup of coffee or ice cold beer.

Great pics from a great town. Regarding the Twin Cities, another great metro area that is beautiful all year round, it just takes a while to get used to it during the winter! :goodvibes

I will definitely do that. The closest I normally get to the midwest is when I visit my folks up in Canton, OH.

hi porkandbeans!! nice to hear from you again! emmasdad, i hope the "workin on dw" for thenext trip is going well. keep watching the videos of your last trip, that will help. the driving went well. we enetred the highway,she was holding on to the wheel like it was going to fall off! staring straight ahead, ask me how fast am i going? she didnt want to look down. we were going 65 in a 65. there was no traffic yet, even though we live about 30 min. from pocono raceway. she drove 3 exits, got off the ramp, got back on and we drove home. ask if we can do that next weekend. its something when your not driving and you know the person next to you never did this before, but she did good.now i have 6 days to work my nerve back up again to go!!

Awesome! Glad to hear the highway driving went well. I think boys handle driving much differently than girls... I remember my first time on the highway... I was like "How fast can we go!" :lmao: Only 10 more years before DD will start driving. Seems like a long time from now, but I know better.

Never really ventured into the "Disney For Families" section, but had to join this club!

DIS Dad down to my Mickey Eared dragon tattoo.

Yeah... we're going to need to see physical evidence of this said dragon tattoo pirate:
Member # 321

I came across the Disney Dad's Club from DisneyDaddy-O's signature link on a post in another forum. I browsed around a little, and decided that I had to submit my application for membership.
A little about me, my family, and our Disney experience:
My wife and I were planing our second trip to Disney World with her parents for December of 2004. The flight was booked, the hotels reserved (split stay - Caribbean Beach / Pop Century) and everything was set. Then in mid-October we had just completed our foster care certification in Racine County, Wisconsin. The ink was not even dry on our certificate, when we go the call that a newborn needed a foster home. We brought her home from the hospital a few days later and immediately called the airline ("Sure, she can sit on your lap for free") and the hotel ("not a problem, we'll make sure there is crib in your room"). Just like that, at seven weeks old, my DD had her first trip to Disney World.
Fast Forward to January of 2006. DD has been officially adopted for quit a while now, and we're planning our second trip to WDW for my her 2nd birthday. We found good airfare for that October, so we booked it. Less than a month later, my wife starts feeling ill. A pregnancy test confirms it, and little math tells us that my DS could potentially be born right in the middle of Main Street, USA. So we call the airline back, and thanks to a medical clearance from the doctor, get full credit to use on a later flight. (Oddly enough, DS was born the day after DD turned 2. She still thinks he is the best birthday present she ever got!)
Jump ahead to October, 2007. We get to celebrate DD turning 3 and DS turning 1 in WDW. December 2008 sees Christmas with Mickey & Pals, and March 2009 on a "wow, that's cheap airfare, let's take a quick jaunt down" trip.
We're planning our first drive to WDW this October. Both kids and two dogs loaded up in the minivan. (The dogs will stay with her parents in Lakeland while we're at the parks. They moved down a few years ago)
So I humbly submit my qualifications for membership and l look forward to raising my kids the Disney way!

Now that's the way to start them off!
Member # 322

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB! :welcome:

You have been added to the DIS Dad's Club list :thumbsup2

I came across the Disney Dad's Club from DisneyDaddy-O's signature link on a post in another forum. I browsed around a little, and decided that I had to submit my application for membership.

Glad to see that it is rounding up Dad's from all over.:thumbsup2

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome: To all the new Dad's:yay:

I haven't been here in a while, nice to see so many new Dads:thumbsup2 Some times I feel like I am the only Disney crazy Dad, except when I come over here.:cool1:

1 week and I will be sleeping at VWL instead of here.

i will be doing Live Streaming form both my Balconies (VWL/BCV) as well as doing some Mobile stuff from right in the Parks.

i will be doing Live Streaming form both my Balconies (VWL/BCV) as well as doing some Mobile stuff from right in the Parks.

:yay: Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! I can't wait for this! :yay:

Dads,

I don't spend much time around here and so many of you I don't know. Some of you though will remember the story of my friend John Atkinson, who we helped get into the field to play at Torrey Pines last year before the US Open. For those of you that don't know, John has been battling lung cancer for the past couple of years. I just received an email from his wife, Lori, that indicates that John's health has declined, he was discharged from the hospital to be home with family and friends. The family continues to be grateful for the support they have received through these turbulent couple of years.

Please keep them in your prayers.

thanks
bob

I hope to be able to see this! We'll be beach vacationing next week but I think that the resort has internet.

Dads,

I don't spend much time around here and so many of you I don't know. Some of you though will remember the story of my friend John Atkinson, who we helped get into the field to play at Torrey Pines last year before the US Open. For those of you that don't know, John has been battling lung cancer for the past couple of years. I just received an email from his wife, Lori, that indicates that John's health has declined, he was discharged from the hospital to be home with family and friends. The family continues to be grateful for the support they have received through these turbulent couple of years.

thanks
bob

Sorry to hear this. Will keep them in prayers.

Dads,

thanks
bob
wow, i didnt hear anything lately i was hoping no news was good news. sorry to hear about john.:sad1:

:lmao: i have a feelimg snifflin sid is ganna be doin some snifflin again this year!!! nice to hear from you again! hope work is going good on that end of pa!!

Great game last night!! but come on...whats up with Sid!!? 6 games, 1 goal...he needs to light it up on Fri or no matter how many pts he has this playoff season, it will be a dissapointment

wow, i didnt hear anything lately i was hoping no news was good news. sorry to hear about john.:sad1:

It was more like a lot of different meds, treatments, hospital stays, and always a get better situation...as good as that could be. I was with Lori's sister a couple of weeks ago and I spoke with Lori. She sounded as upbeat as ever. I'm sad to say the email I received will change that.

Thanks to all...

bob

Dads,

thanks
bob

I'm fairly new to the group so thank you for filling me in on the story. This is never a good thing for a person/family to have to go through. I wish John and his family all of my hope and prayers.

Dads,

thanks
bob

Yes, I remember this quite well, and they are in my prayers.

Dads,

thanks
bob

Thank you letting us know, Bob. We will keep John and his family in our prayers.
Don

All

Sad to report that John Atkinson passed away at home today surrounded by his loving family.

May his memory be eternal...

bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter