The DIS Dad's Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Father's day to you all in the "north". We have to wait until the first Sunday in September down here, but at least our weather is warmer by then and we can enjoy the day.

Just came across this thread....WOW a DIS Dad's only club where do I sign up? How do I add to the requirement list?......:rolleyes1

No Disney-related stuff for Father's Day, but I did get a great gift: a new Weber "Performer" Grill! My conversion from gas is now complete - back to the glorious Kingsford brickettes! (Why do I feel like Tim "The Toolman" Taylor for even typing this?)

hay,what is that bright,shinny disk in the morning sky? is that what they call the sun? havnt seen that in the morning for about a month! i cant believe it stopped raining for about 12 hours now!!! yippieeeee!!this calls for a dancing banana!:banana:

Hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day. My DW & DD surprised me with a discount golf package where I get over a dozen rounds of golf for free! Can't wait to get out and take advantage of it!

And the best part of yesterday was a spontaneous conversation that occurred on the couch between DW and I while we were watching TV. Out of the blue she turns to me and says "If you get your bonus next year, we should just go ahead and go there." I was a little confused at first because we hadn't even been discussing anything at the time... so I said, "Go where?" And this look of shock came over her face like she couldn't believe what I was saying... and she says "Disney World! Of course!". You should have seen the huge grin that came over my face... as I open the laptop... and begin putting in dates... for the next trip! :banana:

Hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day. My DW & DD surprised me with a discount golf package where I get over a dozen rounds of golf for free! Can't wait to get out and take advantage of it!

And the best part of yesterday was a spontaneous conversation that occurred on the couch between DW and I while we were watching TV. Out of the blue she turns to me and says "If you get your bonus next year, we should just go ahead and go there." I was a little confused at first because we hadn't even been discussing anything at the time... so I said, "Go where?" And this look of shock came over her face like she couldn't believe what I was saying... and she says "Disney World! Of course!". You should have seen the huge grin that came over my face... as I open the laptop... and begin putting in dates... for the next trip! :banana:
BONUS,BONUS,BONUS!!:woohoo: come on, baby needs a new pair of shoes!!it sounds like someone is getting hooked.:banana: congrats!!!

I just spent the bonus from work as a down payment on a new van for the kids. I wish it was for Disney, but I guess getting from point A to point B is a bigger deal than going to Disney.:sad2:

I just spent the bonus from work as a down payment on a new van for the kids. I wish it was for Disney, but I guess getting from point A to point B is a bigger deal than going to Disney.:sad2:

Hey all. I've been lurking here for a while, but this post moved me to speak up. Justin the Hook, where are your priorities????? :confused3

I suppose that this is the delivery mechanism to get you to the World.

So I figure I better introduce myself.

I've been plucking around theDis for roughly 4 years or so to assist with our trips to visit the World.

In my sig, I referenced only the trips my DW and I have made together, but we are both children of the WDW fan club. I still remember staying at Mickey's Village with my family and taking the Disney Transportation to MK as a teenager. (Yes that was a long time ago).

As I reviewed the qualifications list I think that I can sum up my membership application with the following story.

I'm the Disney guy at work. Whenever anyone is planning to go I get the call. To this point, my coworker who attends the same church we do has also begun to pass our names around the parish as the folks to call. In fact a few weeks ago, (right around when we made the decision to go ourselves) we received a random call from a woman that DW knew from preschool that DD2 attended a few years ago. Her family was planning to attend for 1 day (rookies) and asked how much she could see. :laughing: Anyway so a couple of days later my coworker approaches me and asks, "Did so-and-so cal you?, I told her that you guys are the experts."

Anyway, I apparently can be a bit long winded as DW is complaining about the amount of typing I'm doing here. I look forward to getting to know everyone and discussing the finer points of all that is Disney.

Hey Ghostman, just go back from the World with my DW and 2 boys. Parks were great in the mornings but packed by lunch. Pool in the afternoon is the thing too due. Go back at night and catch the parades, shows and fireworks

Just came across this thread....WOW a DIS Dad's only club where do I sign up? How do I add to the requirement list?......:rolleyes1

Welcome to the club! If you have any additional requirements, just mention them in this thread and Fanatic will add them shortly. You are member #324 :cool1:

So I figure I better introduce myself.

I've been plucking around theDis for roughly 4 years or so to assist with our trips to visit the World.

In my sig, I referenced only the trips my DW and I have made together, but we are both children of the WDW fan club. I still remember staying at Mickey's Village with my family and taking the Disney Transportation to MK as a teenager. (Yes that was a long time ago).

As I reviewed the qualifications list I think that I can sum up my membership application with the following story.

I'm the Disney guy at work. Whenever anyone is planning to go I get the call. To this point, my coworker who attends the same church we do has also begun to pass our names around the parish as the folks to call. In fact a few weeks ago, (right around when we made the decision to go ourselves) we received a random call from a woman that DW knew from preschool that DD2 attended a few years ago. Her family was planning to attend for 1 day (rookies) and asked how much she could see. :laughing: Anyway so a couple of days later my coworker approaches me and asks, "Did so-and-so cal you?, I told her that you guys are the experts."

Anyway, I apparently can be a bit long winded as DW is complaining about the amount of typing I'm doing here. I look forward to getting to know everyone and discussing the finer points of all that is Disney.

Wow! 4 years on the boards and only 37 posts... now THAT is lurking :rotfl::lmao: Welcome to the DIS Dad's Club! Sounds like you'll fit in quite nicely with the rest of us Goofy dads. You are member #325 :thumbsup2

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB! :welcome:

You have been added to the DIS Dad's Club list :thumbsup2

Hey Ghostman, just go back from the World with my DW and 2 boys. Parks were great in the mornings but packed by lunch. Pool in the afternoon is the thing too due. Go back at night and catch the parades, shows and fireworks

2nd this motion. Words of wisdom here!

BONUS,BONUS,BONUS!!:woohoo: come on, baby needs a new pair of shoes!!it sounds like someone is getting hooked.:banana: congrats!!!

:rotfl2: You had me laughing with this post! I was imagining a pair of dice... instead of the normal dots on the sides they were pictures of Disney resorts... "COME ON CONTEMPORARY THEME PARK VIEW!" :lmao:

Interesting post... because I just had a guilty feeling about spending the bonus on the vacation rather than as a down payment for a new car for DW. Gotta say, though... the feeling didn't last long :rolleyes1

Hope you got a good deal! prices seem to be dropping every day here in Virginia.

2nd this motion. Words of wisdom here!

We head out this Saturday (only 4 more sleeps :cool1: ). This is certainly our plans. Head into the parks early, leave around lunchtime when the crowds and temps get miserable and head back to the pool for relaxation and cooling down. Back at night for any must-do fireworks, etc. (if anything qualifies this trip) and use up those accumulated FPs.

Everyone remember to drink lots of WATER also to stay hydrated. You will feel much better and enjoy your vacation more!

We head out this Saturday (only 4 more sleeps :cool1: ). This is certainly our plans. Head into the parks early, leave around lunchtime when the crowds and temps get miserable and head back to the pool for relaxation and cooling down. Back at night for any must-do fireworks, etc. (if anything qualifies this trip) and use up those accumulated FPs.

Everyone remember to drink lots of WATER also to stay hydrated. You will feel much better and enjoy your vacation more!
have a good trip. if i lived in sc i would be there every weekend!!:thumbsup2

Just thought to mention.....I was able to extend our July 4 stay an extra day.Since wife found out the office would be closed on July 3rd I have been trying to add the extra night at the VWL.This evening found out the deal went threw.So now its 8 long nights.........:cool2:. I'll be packing up the minivan thursday night, pointing it south and won't stop (well gas and bathroom breaks) until WDW......:woohoo:

Btw... how do we add to the Dis Dads criteria list....heres my 2 cents............
"You would live year round in Disney when you win the powerball"

Personally I would love to change my mailing address to 1800 Epcot Resorts Blvd,Buena Vista,FL......"Beach Club Resort".....:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter