The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Well, the hamsters apparently need frequent water breaks, as our power keeps blinking off.

Entergy informed me there were major storms last night. I informed them there were not. The then proceeded to explain the storms that went through oklahoma and Arkansas. I have no idea if there were storms in those states or not, but I’m pretty confident we don’t share any power infrastructure.

Ever notice when you dont want it to rain it will? This weekend I sprayed the yard as the tick population seems to be booming. The pets seem to be ok as I have yet to find one latch on so their preventative is working. I on the other hand have had to remove one from myself and two others. So far none are deer ticks and none where latched on for more then an hour. So we are in the clear.

But wouldnt you know it. the moment I spayed the yard with something that isn't a bunch of harsh chemicals, and just like that we got a quick rain shower. I guess I will respray the yard next week, at least it smells good between the peppermint and cedar oils amongh other stuff used. If this stuff doesnt do the job well enough, I have 2 bottles of cutter yard spray to treat the area where we and hte dogs hang. I leave the rest of the yards to the no seeums to roam.

Kris if you get a chance shoot me your Asparagus recipe Looking to try on my new Blackstone by Cuisinart griddle in next few days
Hope Dear Mrs Bert's Mom is well keeping her in our discussions with GUS

You know Ian will be all over the asparagus and I love green beans. I'm generally a salad person. I could eat lettuce at almost every meal.

I figured I would have to try out the griddle a few times next week. You are more than welcome to join us.

j

We may eventually get to camping season. Today I was supposed to have both the truck and trailer inspected. We hooked up last night before the rain, figured easier than doing it when we first wake up. I get a call from the garage a few minutes before I am to leave, they are out of inspection stickers for the vehicle. AAARRGGHHH. Should be in middle of next week, so maybe next Friday I will get it inspected. Then have to head out and pick up nephews next week also. Glad I did not book a camping trip. So no I can go out and unhook the trailer, and pull the Spyder out of the garage and go for a ride.
Well, I decided that I would change the outside speakers that are falling apart on the trailer as it should not take long, right. Yea, not so much, they were stuck with some kind of adhesive, then needed to splice all the wire harnesses for new speakers, but now they are wired and working. They light up like the old ones when you turn on awning lights. I have to go put sealant around them and screw them down securely. But it is blazing hot out there. Ok, maybe we ride later when the sun starts to go down.

Last edited:
photo5.jpg

Today was our first time that we have had the opportunity to troop since all this began. The location split their ticket sales in to 2 time slots to keep crowds down. We had a costume contest for the kids, was a good time and great to see friends again. But it was hot....feel for the guys that had to do this in the desert for the 1st Star Wars movie. Temp was about 95.

Today I was supposed to have both the truck and trailer inspected. We hooked up last night before the rain, figured easier than doing it when we first wake up. I get a call from the garage a few minutes before I am to leave, they are out of inspection stickers for the vehicle. AAARRGGHHH.

I just love getting our vehicles inspected, said no one ever. Took our car to get inspected today, it was due the end of June, but we are now good until the end of August next year.

After the inspection we went for a drive through Smugglers Notch and went one a short 1/4 mile hike to some waterfalls.

E37A9CB2-7917-4D30-A7FE-003F87B5FB37.jpeg
07FE069F-786B-4F66-8E69-50E122FE4F59.jpeg

80E11200-641D-441F-AA28-07BF0EA056A6.jpeg

9C8DA5B3-A629-4469-B06C-BFCA7606C51C.jpeg

68F7B6EB-7B3D-4958-9DD8-70B1D54E7047.jpeg

7CAF6952-94AB-46B2-99B4-850FA45F1BFD.jpeg

It definitely wasn’t a @garneska quality hike because someone, DW decided to wear flip flops.

That place looks amazing. It's way the heck up north. It's going to take a while to get there, but I added on my places to visit one day.

Jack

From About the end of September to mid October is a good time to come up and go leaf peeping, looking at the fall foliage, apple picking, and its also cooler out for hiking.

From About the end of September to mid October is a good time to come up and go leaf peeping, looking at the fall foliage, apple picking, and its also cooler out for hiking.

I don't get a lot of vacation time for leaf peeping, wrong time of the year. However, I'm close to retiring from my first job. A requirement for the second job will be more flexible vacation time.

I went to college in the NE and look forward to getting back up there someday soon.

The only way I can keep track of our trips is go through each photo album. Looking back in time I found these. Instead of an autograph book that sits around never to be picked up again we decided that we would get my daughter a baseball cap for the characters to sign instead. She's a hat person so loved it. The characters got a real kick out of it as well. The funny thing though is what I noticed when looking for the hat pics. I'm apparently a creature of habit. 2004 and 2005 same place and I saw that I'm wearing the same exact shorts and T-shirt. No, those aren't the only clothes I own, LOL!
EDIT: She's 25 now and still has the hats.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter