The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

@Teamubr I am glad its covered under warranty. I know there is some tint from the factory, mine are still factory and its minimal. It's why I am considering the 50% on the fronts. Rears can stay factory as far as I am concerned.

After our last trip I found that I might now be on the threshold of new brakes for the front of the truck. Just last week at 8 years old and 52k miles the rear pads, rotors and sadly calipers had to be replaced. Next trip is in a month down to Hatteras for us for some beach front camping.

RV wise I think its time to remove check and repack the bearings. No real issues to speak of at this point, but with the summer heat I am apt to finally get some real power out on the side of the garage for it or exercise the generator some to cool it off.

Last edited:
It's home. Finished up the pump this afternoon. He said it would have been done this morning, but the warehouse sent the wrong pump so they had to find one from another dealer.

Either way, it ran great. Love the truck. It's pretty much like the old one except with nav, sunroof, airbags and rear step. I'll probably leave the tint for now and decide after getting back from Pigeon Forge. I played with the airbags on the way back. It seems to smooth things out, even with no load on.

Naturally it started raining right before we got home. The wipers and traction control both work well.

The new coupler for the auxiliary tank came in today, so I'll get the tank in this weekend. I am looking for LED replacement headlights. The factory lights are terrible. I had xenon HIDs on my old truck, but they are finicky. Had them on the Explorer and Ian's old Miata and they all had issues.

20200707_171941.jpg

j

Last edited:

So here is the video I shot today on the way home from work with a camera mounted on the dash of the Can Am Spyder. It has been sped up to 8x, otherwise it would be very long and boring.

I'm curious how a racer would know that driving in the rain :confused3

We like to find the thresholds and sit right on them :)

@PaHunter At 8x the speed some of those roads could best Isle of Man laps.

@Teamubr I wish I could find some closer to 5k in color, but I have had LED bulbs in mine since 2016 and it really kicks butt. I may change them out soon though, I got some flickering last week from the right front. The ones I have are Optix, but I don't see that brand around anymore. However, 4 years between failures I can live with. They cause less glare then the HID conversions, but I wish the bulbs were able to produce just a better light than halogen but the same pattern.

@Teamubr I wish I could find some closer to 5k in color, but I have had LED bulbs in mine since 2016 and it really kicks butt.
I have found one site that has changeable light colors (via a phone app) and another site that lets you pick colors. I'm fine with 5000-6000. I had 5000 on my old truck and 6000 on my Explorer.

j

Good thing I bought spares after the last blow out two weeks ago. we replaced two back tires and today blew out a front tire. Like I said we got spares. It was much hotter today pulling her on a flat though.

The youtuber "ResortTV1" is live streaming this morning on YT. Here is the live link currently on Saturday morning at 930am Central.

Really empty. Is this reopening day?

Bama Ed

PS - won't be on all day he says. Will next be on Wednesday for Hollywood Studios. You can click on his YT name and look at the video list and watch the videos of past live streams. Here is a direct link to the video list: https://www.youtube.com/c/ResortTV1/videos

As background, the main 2 people, Josh and Jenna, are brother/sister says my DD who is an avid watcher. Like today, at times they are joined by other people. I might go watch some of their vids from earlier this week tonight.

Last edited:
I am seeing lots of updates from locals I have met over the years and DVC people that basically where use it or loose it on points. So far it seems they are taking a good cautious approach. After reading the news about the summer camp that just had a big outbreak, it is no doubt something Disney does not want to make news for.

Well DW and I went for a motorcycle ride today, thru 9 covered bridges. Hoped to share it when we got home. Video camera did not turn on right when I started it. Bummer. Oh well, maybe if the weather is nice tomorrow we will do it again, nice way to spend nearly 3 hours and countryside is beautiful.

I'm watching the ResortTV1 recording from the Cast Member preview day earlier this week in the Magic Kingdom. Since it's a recording of a live stream, you get the real world convo as it happens like "do you want to ride this now"? "No?" "well what do you think"?

Tick tock tick tock tick tock 🕰 "I don't know - what do you want to do"?

Just like my family! :rotfl2:

20200711_201712_zpspinpjz4s.jpg

:happytv:

Bama Ed

The joys of living in practically a third world country (New Orleans)....

It’s 91 degrees with. 107 heat index at 10pm. And we don’t have electricity. For absolutely no reason whatsoever.

hooray!!5

If they would've converted to squirrel powered treadmills like MS they wouldn't have that problem.
But only every third house in MS has electricity, so the grid isn't as challenged as NO. :lmao: :duck:

Hopefully the power comes back on We Love Pluto. Around here the utility companies blame most problems on the squirrels. Poor cable and wired telephone (for the 10 people that still have a home phone) it's the squirrel claws putting little holes in the wires. The power grid they claim it is squirrels (and their friends, the raccoon) getting into the sub stations and transformers causing havoc chewing on things and making nests. So far, the water and sewer people haven't found a connection. They just blame everything on a 100 year old infrastructure.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter