The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Ed,

I was wondering, do you just have a really great memory, or do you keep some notes. I am always amazed at how accurately you are able to point someone to a particular post/page in a thread even from a little while back when a question comes up...I read through so many different things here that I could never keep it all straight!

I'm a DIS Camping nerd, honestly. Don't keep a note or a printout (although the Search function fills the gaps my memory doesn't). My last trip planning (March 2016 for DD's marching with HS Band) forced me onto the restaurant board to learn the whole ADR rigamarole and the Theme Park board for Magic Bands but this is my home base.

I guess I just try to help folks connect the dots and not create unproductive controversy. And while I'm much more opinionated in person, on the boards I try to play it down the middle and not take any cheap shots.

I may be old but at least not as old as Teamubr :teeth: (that wasn't a cheap shot, maybe just a frugal one :rolleyes:).

Ed

PS - and if you think MY memory is good, you should meet DW. She remembers (and often recalls to me) every time I've ever screwed up - she has an awesome memory that way. :love2: Those conversations tend to take a while since the list is so long...

Last edited:
I may be old but at least not as old as Teamubr :teeth: (that wasn't a cheap shot, maybe just a frugal one :rolleyes:).

PS - DW remembers (and often recalls to me) every time I've ever screwed up - she has an awesome memory that way.
Hey! I resemble that remark. :D

And women have that genetic ability. The genes aren't activated until the time of a wedding though.

j

While visiting Randy and driving through Mobile, AL iIsnapped this picture on I-10.

About 65 mph...
IMAG0426.jpg

Teamubr, Michael says "Highway signs We don't need no Stinking Highway signs We Head of Ninja Squirrel Squad."
My guess he set his furry, bushy tailed little A Team on the target and before the other guy knew it the kayak was free secured and secreted on Michael's vehicle before the other guy what happened.

Not a Disney trip report, but after the bearings burnt up and the tire almost fell off, I had to cut the spindle nut off with a torch and chisel. Went to town the next day to get a new nut and hub, then come home to file, sand, and rethread the spindle. Put the new hub and nut on, fix a rod holder, install new GPS, now I think I'm ready for a day back in the office. If the weather gets better tomorrow.IMG_0356.jpgIMG_0357.jpg

Last edited:
Ever spend 20 minutes composing a post because someone else reads more into a comment then was intended (or rather didn't read the comment correctly) and they tried to call you out as clueless?

Yeah.... I hate that..... but A calmer, cooler head, and I just deleted it and accepted the wasted 20 minutes.

Life is to short.

Hey Nick, good looking boat. Hate we missed you this weekend. Did see your truck and trailer at Daughin Island at the boat dock. I finally talked Randy into taking us to Judy's restaurant, man that was some fine eating. I also hugged your mother in law and thanked her for the food she sent us at GSP.

Ever spend 20 minutes composing a post because someone else reads more into a comment then was intended (or rather didn't read the comment correctly) and they tried to call you out as clueless?

Yeah.... I hate that..... but A calmer, cooler head, and I just deleted it and accepted the wasted 20 minutes.

Life is to short.
Yeah, I saw that. Some people just like ALL CAPS too much.

You tried dude

Yeah, I saw that. Some people just like ALL CAPS too much.

You tried dude
I had a long one composed that wasn't nasty (or that was the plan) and I reviewed it... edited it.... and then I thought.... "There is no way that this won't get taken the wrong way" and I deleted it before I posted. Sometimes it's what's not said that is better. Oh well..... Did you see the squirrel?

:squirrel:

(like How I segued into that?)

Michael sorry I missed y'all but am glad y'all in joyed the food at the restaurant well just have to get up another time. This is my busy time right now so maybe we can all get together after October and do something or another.

Perfect speed for tubing, according to my brother. He almost lost some very important body parts that day. :crazy:
I lost my shorts once tubing on the Tombigbee River at that speed. Thank goodness there were no ladies present.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter