The "get VMK back" strategy

Ravensdark99

Mouseketeer
Heyho,

well in a nutshell, there are signed petitions, there are couple of 1000s kids and adults still angry that VMK is closed, but what I personally miss is a decent strategy to get it back up.

Sure, petitions are nice, 1 day demonstrations in front of Disneyland are nice, but personally I believe, that if we want to get VMK back up online we need a very good and clever masterplan.

If we look at the thing from an objective point of view: We are facing a Multi-Billion-Dollar global player here. And they don´t do a thing without a lot of clever(or not so clever) people thinking bout it from a buisiness point of view.

So to get results with them we need to equal it out a bit.

So what this thread here intends to do is to collect a bunch of good ideas (and we have a lot of clever ppl here in this community) to form a final strategy.

So fire away folks and show the world what you got...

I have some ideas!

You could send in letters explaining ways of VMK making more money!

Or, we could raid the homepage and keep refreshing. LOL

Those are my ideas.

( largolori's DD12)
ok my friend and i came up with this one:
we make a website that is like a poll website, and the question is "Which Disney game do you prefer?" and then we give the answers (POTC online, VMK, etc.) after a month or so, we check the answers, and if VMK has the most votes, we email them to the VMK ppl ( whoever they are lol ) along with a note that says something like, "we'll pay for VMK if we have to!!" ( by pay i mean to play the game not for furniture and stuff)
How's that??

P.S. i was cutemickeyrocks and vanillamickey if u saw me on

We've tried all this stuff lol Disney wouldn't listen to it even before vmk closed. No point in making them dislike us more now, we just have to wait and see maybe Disney will surprise us.

Basically I´d say we should focus on 3 points:

What can I do personally?
What can (we) do as a group?
What "real" actions can we do?
What actions can be organized over the internet?

Since not all of us have the chance to protest in front (or in) their parks it makes sense, that we have decent strategies for ppl. who can only use the internet or write a letter for example.

Of course I know what have been done, but never the less I´d say we should put up a decent strategy , cause personally I believe even the effort to do something like this is worth it.

We've tried all this stuff lol Disney wouldn't listen to it even before vmk closed. No point in making them dislike us more now, we just have to wait and see maybe Disney will surprise us. ( waits for vmkfan's comment )

VMK IS CLOSED FOREVER!! I'M FED UP WITH YOU, ILL! VMK WILL NEVER RETURN OR I'LL PROTEST TO CLOSE IT!1!------------------------------------------------------------------LOL Just kidding, this thread doesn't bother me in the least..

VMK IS CLOSED FOREVER!! I'M FED UP WITH YOU, ILL! VMK WILL NEVER RETURN OR I'LL PROTEST TO CLOSE IT!1!

Whoa!!! :scared1: I think he was saying that in good fun humor.

I don't know how you can have a name like vmkfan if most of your posts lately have been very negative with regards to VMK. There are a lot of kids out there who still have hopes and to hear someone with that name say they will protest is upsetting for them

VMK IS CLOSED FOREVER!! I'M FED UP WITH YOU, ILL! VMK WILL NEVER RETURN OR I'LL PROTEST TO CLOSE IT!1!------------------------------------------------------------------LOL Just kidding, this thread doesn't bother me in the least..

Notice the last line....

Always fun to see that people they something doesn´t bother them and they still react to it in some kind of form ;)

Im still shocked that they closed vmk. When I first heard that they were going to close it, I said I would never watch another Disney movie again ((That didn't last long...)) Vmk was like a part of me. And when I heard it was closing, It felt like that part of me just VANISHED. Yesterday, I wrote a poem about vmk being closed. I was thinking of going to vmk's home page and sending it to them. But alas, they took off their "Contact Us" feature so I wasn't able to send them the poem. I thought that it would make them look at the vmk fans in a new way ((I doubt that would've happened)). Well, the people who created vmk ((Im pretty sure it was Disney)) are just down right GREEDY and dont care about how they've made kids all around the world feel. I dont believe they closed vmk because it was for some 50'th disney anniversary thing, I believe they closed it because they weren't making any money off of it. I heard somewhere that they were gonna open vmk back up but it would be a "Pay To Play" game. That was a LIE. I look at vmk's home page often and everytime I see that "The Virtual Kingdom Is Closed" thing I just want to burst out crying. But...I think we should do whatever we can to show the vmk makers that we loved that site more then ANYTHING on the computer!!! And hopefully they'll give in. Its a slim chance they'll listen...but its worth a shot...:) :dance3: :dance3: :) :thumbsup2

I will let you all resume to vent a little, but lets keep others respect in mind when posting. I dont think anyone crossed the line yet but it was getting a little close.

I will let you all resume to vent a little, but lets keep others respect in mind when posting. I dont think anyone crossed the line yet but it was getting a little close.

:rotfl: Sorry, I just had to.. me and Ill aren't arguing over dumb things anymore.

A part of me wants to believe that VMK will someday be back, perhaps in a different form. I REALLY miss that place.

Well this is what this is about, at least we can produce some thinktank action and guess what could be done.

If someone is not interested in this subject its easy for him/her, dont post here ;)

If you are interested and think bout how you could get it back, post here...:thumbsup2

Personally I think hitting them where it hurts works the best (money) but that is nearly impossible, since it would hurt us more then them (Pretty good Disney movies are coming out or are in theaters even in Europe ;) ).

So mainly the primary focus should be on how to show them that it would make more sense to let it open, then to threaten them by saying "Oh you made 1000s or kids very sad"
This may be true, but if this argumentation continues you force Disney in a defensive position where it might be forced to leave it closed, so that this wont happen again.

I suggest we search for a more cooperative approach.

So go on and shoot out ya ideas

Oh to finish I´d post a line from a German Band and roughly translate it for ya:

"It´s not your fault that the world is how it is, but it´s your fault if its stays this way"

Not to put a damper on you, but we've tried all of this, there have been so many sites against it's closing, thousands of signatures and Disney still closed it. Now I thought from the beginning this was undisneylike. But I kept a little thought to myself and that thought was, Maybe VMK is another Disney ride and what does Disney do best with their rides? REHABS, OVERHAULS and such. So maybe instead of bombarding Disney we give them some space and time and maybe soon we'll see VMK. I don't believe for one second it is gone, I do believe it's just being rehabed.

I think that is the best we can do for right now considering we have tried just about everything in our abilities with what we have.. Im just going to hope time is all it takes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter