• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Good News Is......

I think you mean the vast majority are not sick yet. Before this is over, only a slim majority of us will not be sick, and that's if we are lucky. Tens of thousands of people who are not sick today will be dead in a month. Enjoy your health while you have it!
Well...in normal circumstances, close to 100,000 people die in the US per year. Could say that any time. If one wants to be picky.

This is a great thread that comes at the perfect time! :)

For those who are keeping this thread on topic by looking on the bright side, thank you! Keep up the good work! Let's work together to encourage each other to be thankful for what we've got -- because we really do have a lot to be thankful for today. And please ignore the Debby Downers and as-yet-unnamed-dwarves -- no need to feed the negativity.

My bright side? That DISers like you guys are pulling together like this to help each other along through some stressful and frustrating times. It makes my day brighter and my job a lot easier. :)

Also good is that Disneyland is donating the surplus food they had to charity.
And hopefully on a small scale the parks might be able to do some refurbishments, extra painting etc.
We get Frozen 2 early on Disney+ as well (and I hope for the EU countries who were waiting till Summer for Disney + will get it earlier as well)

In other news Dutch scientists probably have developed an antibody against the virus. First needs to be judged by other scientists and then tested on humans, but it's a start. https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.11.987958v1

People are being nicer to each other. The grocery store line yesterday was a nightmare of epic proportions. Everyone kept their head, smiled at each other, and I heard many thanks being given to the clerks who are working their tails off right now.
Agree. Everyone around here has been super polite and helpful. This situation is one that has made me appreciate the small things. It’s disappointing that we don’t get to spend spring break at DL, but it’s okay. We have a safe, comfy house to stay in and plenty of things to do at home. And my kids have a such a wonderful school that they are actually upset to be off for a month! My DD was in tears when I told her(which I felt bad for, but I’m happy she loves it).

...after having DL Deluxe APs from 1999-2009 and never receiving AP magnets, DH and I are finally back to DL APs (Flex) after spending the last 10 years visiting WDW and our DD who was a CM.

We bought our Flex APs in February and yesterday, 2 AP magnets arrived!

...after having DL Deluxe APs from 1999-2009 and never receiving AP magnets, DH and I are finally back to DL APs (Flex) after spending the last 10 years visiting WDW and our DD who was a CM.

We bought our Flex APs in February and yesterday, 2 AP magnets arrived!
Isn't it a great feeling to get your magnets?! So validating as passholders!

When our waitlist didn’t come through at VGC (we banked on it and had to cancel airfare at 60 days to retain full credit) I was really sad for weeks. At that point it was too late to switch to Florida and I was literally so depressed that our Spring Break plans had blown up and we would be without a Disney trip for the first time in 12 years. Now, I think about how God works through unanswered prayers....
The Good News is:

I flipped the loss into a trip to VWL over Christmas next year.
And, now with what’s going on I will be encouraged to go to our lake place earlier this year and get some overdue projects going.

Honestly, sometimes it's nice to realize that things that we usually take for granted are blessings. When they're taken away (temporarily, we always hope!) we can appreciate them so much more. The same goes for how we always just assume Disneyland will be open, that there will be whatever we need to buy when we want it, and that we'll be able to attend church/school/gatherings whenever we want. Trying to take this time to be grateful for all we have, usually, and to be grateful for all we still have. And the AP extension is actually really nice for me, because we just went this week (so wouldn't have gone during this time) and this means I should get to do Disneyland at Christmas time before my pass expires. The original expiration date was Nov. 14th, but my father-in-law is getting married that weekend, we found out, so I was sad knowing I probably wouldn't be able to sneak in a Christmassy trip. 🎄

I’m going to catch up on some work.
No, that’s downright boring! 😴

I’ve been sampling some things on my Amazon Prime account (I’ve had it for ages but only used it for next-day deliveries). So far, ‘plus’ column for Star Trek: Picard 🚀, Carnival Row 🧚, The Boys 🦸‍♂️ and Hanna 👩🏻 and ‘unsure’ for Black Sails ☠️ (I’m having trouble finding a likeable character in that one).

i may have to go over to working from home of my company goes down that route. May find out more on that front next week. Fortunately I can do my job sitting in my jammies at my desk at home almost as easily as I can in a suit sitting in the office... ⌨️ 🖥

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter