• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Journey Begins…Live Aulani Trip Updates.

Free parking is available to anyone staying on points, whether they're blue card, white card, renting points, friends of a member using their points, or someone trading in via RCI/II exchange. This has not changed and cannot change, as far as I know.

Blue card members ALSO get free parking when staying on cash. This is extremely inconsistently applied, just like the shiny wristbands.
Misinformed.....you pay for it as part of your dues,,so they cant make it a difference between blue and white
Thanks guys I thought she was wrong but who knows anymore with all the changes happening

Wow that charcuterie board looks amazing! is the only way to order on Instagram? Believe it or not, don’t have an instagram account! What was the approx price of that board?

The Fish House serves a Mai Tai in a spam can and it’s adorable (and quite good) if you like a Mai Tai!

Ate at Mina’s Fish House tonight. 3 minute walk from room to restaurant. Absolutely fantastic probably top 5 seafood meals of all time. Pricey but completely worth every penny and really good with the young kids. The Old Fashion was made with rum from a local distillery that made the rum only for the Fish House. I am a bourbon fan but it was fantastic called The Haiku Stairs Old Fashion.639742639743639744639745639746639747639748639749

The Old Fashion was made with rum from a local distillery that made the rum only for the Fish House.
You can visit this distillery. The Ko Hana Rum Factory is in the center of the island and they offer tours and tastings. If you are headed to the North Shore some day its a fun stop. Probably 25 minutes drive from Aulani.

We went in September and wound up joining their rum club. Got a shipment coming soon.

@JC1984 Thank you for the Mina's fish house review!! We are going to Aulani in August for my BIG birthday and I plan to have my Birthday Dinner at Mina's. It seems a bit pricey but I'm very glad to hear of the positive review!!

Thanks for this report - question about Wailana Pool Bar and Off The Hook. Can you walk up and order drinks at either of these places, or do you have to sit down? Can you actually sit at the bar at either place? Thanks!

Thanks for this report - question about Wailana Pool Bar and Off The Hook. Can you walk up and order drinks at either of these places, or do you have to sit down? Can you actually sit at the bar at either place? Thanks!
You can walk up and order at both. You cannot sit at the bar at this time. You can sit in the bar area.

So we have been just having a relaxing day getting stuff together to leave in the morning and realizing we packed way too much for the Hawai’i leg of our trip.
So my one complaint of the whole trip:
The Cast Member on the beach talking to 2 non resort guests and telling them if they paid him, he could get them 2 wrist bands to enjoy the pool. I mean I am all for side hustle but keep it yourself or talk low enough so I don’t have to hear it. I am not one to go tell on someone because I believe it will come back to bite him in the long run but just kind of killed the mood for the moment.

Last edited:
Sunset on our final day. Much successful trip and time of our lives made lots of memories I hope our littles will always remember…the adventure will continue on the Disneyland Board over the next 10 days. Will continue to update here for the trip back to the mainland. My wife and I will be starting a YouTube channel and review at some point so I will post any link here as well.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing your stay with the forum. I woke up daily looking forward to your experiences on the island. Safe travels to all. Can't wait to hear about how things pan out for you this week at Disneyland.

A couple things to add:
Sparkly DVC Member Pool Bracelet according to guest services are for direct or resale members.
And here is a screen shot of my apple wallet and how they identify me as a resale owner from here on out FYI:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter