• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Journey Begins…Live Aulani Trip Updates.

So we have been just having a relaxing day getting stuff together to leave in the morning and realizing we packed way too much for the Hawai’i leg of our trip.
So my one complaint of the whole trip:
The Cast Member on the beach talking to 2 non resort guests and telling them if they paid him, he could get them 2 wrist bands to enjoy the pool. I mean I am all for side hustle but keep it yourself or talk low enough so I don’t have to hear it. I am not one to go tell on someone because I believe it will come back to bite him in the long run but just kind of killed the mood for the moment.
Hmm how much was he getting,,,maybe offset my trip by scalping my non pool days while I am there........Just kidding ....no flames please

Thank you for taking precious time from your vacation to keep us updated. I'm living vicariously through these posts until my trip in August.

Looking forward to your DL posts!

View attachment 639907

we’re getting excited reading this thread!
That’s ridiculous. He’s so adorable!!!! Can’t wait to see his sunset photos! I heard about a resort in Maui (can’t remember which one) that gives guests a kukui nut lei and every time you stay, they replace one of the dark nuts with a light one. You should start him one like that and add a white nut for every time he goes to Hawaii!! They’re super easy to string—basically just tie a knot between each one.

Enjoyed your Aulani trip report, I will be heading there in May with a trip to Disneyland on our way back home as well. Will have to go find you Disneyland report.

Just a blue card showing lots of love to all of you white cards out there! :tongue:

What are these sparkly bands for? If I'm renting DVC points do we get sparkly bands?

Also, for the free DVC parking, as a renter, do they give us a parking pass or do we just let them know our license plate number.

Finally, do you suggest dropping family and luggage off at the lobby then parking, or is it easy enough to park and walk in with everything? Thanks!

What are these sparkly bands for? If I'm renting DVC points do we get sparkly bands?

Also, for the free DVC parking, as a renter, do they give us a parking pass or do we just let them know our license plate number.

Finally, do you suggest dropping family and luggage off at the lobby then parking, or is it easy enough to park and walk in with everything? Thanks!
The sparkly bands are the pool bands and they are for DVC members. Doesn’t get you anything special and IMO are cheaper than the general bands because they wear off the sparkly. They asked to see our DVC Membership card to get the bands. Once I showed it once they put it in their system the rest of the trip. There is confusion of wether white card or blue card DVC members get it.

Yes if you are renting points you get free parking. What I would do is drive to the front lobby let bell services unload your stuff. They will hold it till your room is ready and they will park you vehicle off to the side until you check in for free. Once you are done checking in you can go get your vehicle once you have your parking pass and room key to access the parking garage. Once you get to your room you can call bell services and they will deliver your bags to you room. They even put my groceries in the fridge for me.

The sparkly bands are the pool bands and they are for DVC members. Doesn’t get you anything special and IMO are cheaper than the general bands because they wear off the sparkly. They asked to see our DVC Membership card to get the bands. Once I showed it once they put it in their system the rest of the trip. There is confusion of wether white card or blue card DVC members get it.

Yes if you are renting points you get free parking. What I would do is drive to the front lobby let bell services unload your stuff. They will hold it till your room is ready and they will park you vehicle off to the side until you check in for free. Once you are done checking in you can go get your vehicle once you have your parking pass and room key to access the parking garage. Once you get to your room you can call bell services and they will deliver your bags to you room. They even put my groceries in the fridge for me.
we will arrive approx 9pm...so hoping room is ready,,,so in that case bring luggage in then drop car?

we will arrive approx 9pm...so hoping room is ready,,,so in that case bring luggage in then drop car?
IMO it makes it easier. You have to come to the lobby anyways to get your key to access the garage so why not drop your luggage. If you don’t want to tip the bell services then leave a member of your party with the luggage. I think the $$$ spent to tip the bell man is WELL worth it.

Breakfast this morning at Makahiki. Food was decent. IMO a bit overpriced for what you actually get considering the character interaction is minimal and you are kind of rushed along. But I knew what I was getting into. Headed to the pool for the day. We’ll see if the Holiday weekend brings the crowds .View attachment 638967View attachment 638968View attachment 638969

I’ve been wondering whether to book. The price can only be justified by the characters but looking on YouTube it appears that it’s just interaction before your meal with the characters not roaming around throughout the meal. Was that the arrangement for you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter