The Liberal Thread- No political debate please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RobinMarie said:
Does anyone know if Bush's numbers went up after he accepted responsibility?

I'd heard that they went up 2 points to 41%, that could be for just about any reason, though.

pdchris said:
I said to a friend of mine, that if Iraq & Katrina hurt the Republicans as much as they have right now, Hillary Clinton could very well be the first female president. I know she has some baggage and the Clinton-haters (who hate anything Clinton as much as Bush-haters hate anything Bush) will stop at nothing to deny her the election, I can't see, right now, any viable Republican candidate with name recognition like she has.

I think McCain could beat Hillary, but I don't know if he can get the GOP nomination because of the Religious Right influence.

Does anyone watch C-Span? Rep. Maxine Waters (D - California) gave an excellent speech before congress (well, before about 10 people...all the other loosers went home early I guess). The woman has courage and is very articulate. It delt with poverty in American and in addition, the issue of racism.

I am very scared of McCain. I don't think he can get the Republican nomination because he isn't a right wing baffoon who only cares about flyover country. But if he does somehow manage to get it, we are in for a world of trouble:( I don't think Hilary would have a chance, because for some reason most Americans identify with the anti-choice idiot.

The only way I can see him getting the GOP nod is because the rest of the field is so weak.

I know it doesn't sound good but there has to be something we can find to bring McCain down and expose him as a conservative phony. He is extremely anti-choice and that needs to be pounded hard if he gets nominated.

All I need to know about McCain is that he keeps sucking up to the Bush clan, even after they tried to destroy him. Rover must have something on him.

Puffy2 said:
Does anyone watch C-Span? Rep. Maxine Waters (D - California) gave an excellent speech before congress (well, before about 10 people...all the other loosers went home early I guess). The woman has courage and is very articulate. It delt with poverty in American and in addition, the issue of racism.

I don't watch C-Span much these days, the Disney Channel always wins. However, I do enjoy seeing Maxine in action, she is able to mix passion while intelligently stating her case. Maybe she should have coached Kerry a little. :confused3

Puffy2 said:
I don't how you can say that. I can't stand that woman.

Anyone see this?
http://news.yahoo.com/photo/050914/...RcDW7oF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

r2587077477.jpg

r404176213.jpg

U.S. President George W. Bush writes a note to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice during a Security Council meeting at the 2005 World Summit and 60th General Assembly of the United Nations in New York September 14, 2005. World leaders are exploring ways to revitalize the United Nations at a summit on Wednesday but their blueprint falls short of Secretary-General Kofi Annan's vision of freedom from want, persecution and war. REUTERS/Rick Wilking

I laughed when I saw that too, but come to find out it's doctored. Reuters has acknowledged that the photo was enhanced via Photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter