The Mighty ZZUB came out to play
And he named our new thread, too!

So join us anytime you want
You're sure to get a smile

From many stranded Maelstromers
On this CB isle...

Plus... Here is M.M.M.S.

Melon's Maelstrom Mission Statement :

Maelstromers are those who like to Maelstrom... requiring the prerequisite Fastpass (???!!!!!) for entry. Maelstromers are those who have a blatant disregard for offending, hurting, stalking, puking on or pooping on, and shooting others. They do, however, tend to throw up in their own mouths just a little on occassion. Some go to church, others have Bloody Marys and cheap wine, most Maelstromers love the 80's but are split on affection towards one Barr-E. Manelow. Some preach, some teach, some therapize and others tend bar... in legal terms... some eat candy while others work on rock hard abs, buns and MELONS????!!!! Maelstromers are highly volatile and sensitive, they may kiss your balding head or daydream of some others naked by a lake on a laptop (editing)... while others set the scope on the rifle for your left eye... and ear... Maestromers are partiers who can "drop it like it's hot" and pick a mean banjo. They are one sweet ride.

Amen.

Hi Mel!! I LOVED your trip report. Glad you decided to play here...there really are no rules except the standard ones that apply to the site.

There's a product called "Micoderma" (sp) for Kids that is supposed to reduce scarring...you might want to look into that.

Welcome to the CB! You WILL become addicted to this board, it's a fact.

When my mother had stitches near her eye, the doctor recommended Vitamin E cream. It helped A LOT. You can also get a tube of Mederma (Wal-Mart sells it) - it's a little pricey, but it's recommended by plastic surgeons and it's also a really great cream.

Thanks!!! The trip report was FUNFUNFUN!

I wonder if I can get "micoderma" in Canada? Otherwise... I CAN cross the border in Niagara Falls to get some there. Where do you get it, usually?

Welcome to the CB Mel! I loved your report, I sat at my PC for days reading it! I second Mederma. My sister used it and it works great! But like the poster stated, it is a little pricey but it was worth it for my sister.

I'm thinking 'micoderma' and 'mederma' are one in the same????

We have a Walmart nearby. I should check there.

How long should I leave it covered with a bandage, too? The stitches are internal so he won't pick them. He's five years old. And very active.

Yay Mel! Glad you decided to check out the Community Board! Can't believe you got your thread locked! Keep the stories comin' because nobody here's going to give you a hard time!

BTW, the tag fairy visits the Community Board pretty frequently, so your chances are better here! :thumbsup2

Sorry...I remembered the name wrong...listen to the other posters, not me!!

Thank you!!!!

Now... does anyone out there volunteer to remove his bandage???? I can't take the fear in his eyes. Or the screaming. I'm bribing him with CANDY for goshsakes. Just to be able to change it and clean it once a day...

OK--so I'm happy that Mel Happyhaunt has found her way to the CB, and that we might be able to enjoy some tales of day to day life with the Happyhaunts. :lmao:

However, I think I am VERY sad that the Trip Report epic is DONE. :guilty:

So Welcome to the CB--I very much enjoyed your trip report.

1000thhappyhaunt said:
Thank you!!!!

Now... does anyone out there volunteer to remove his bandage???? I can't take the fear in his eyes. Or the screaming. I'm bribing him with CANDY for goshsakes. Just to be able to change it and clean it once a day...

Can you try putting some baby oil all around the sticky part? I think it will help it come off without pulling...

Bonnie40 said:
Yay Mel! Glad you decided to check out the Community Board! Can't believe you got your thread locked! Keep the stories comin' because nobody here's going to give you a hard time!

BTW, the tag fairy visits the Community Board pretty frequently, so your chances are better here! :thumbsup2

Hey there!!! My thread DID get locked. But... it was probably for the best. I just would never have stopped chatting on it with my Disfriends. AND... it's a TRIP REPORT board after all!!! I'm cool with it. I'll just post on other's threads.

Sooooo... the TAG FAIRY... hummm? Maybe I should mention that I don't want to end up with this tag ~ I like soup. Heh, heh.

What does the Tag Fairy like? Since I'm currently bribing my son Tommy so I can change his "boo boo"... I might as well go all out! I think.

hiwaygal said:
Can you try putting some baby oil all around the sticky part? I think it will help it come off without pulling...

Do you mean BEFORE I put new one on/ or JUST BEFORE I rip the old one off?

Rip.

EEEK! That's what I've been doing... I thought it's better faster than slower?

Is it?

Mel, I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your trip report. It kept me laughing the whole time. So, is it Calvin that cracked his head open? I guessing it has to be.

1000thhappyhaunt said:
Do you mean BEFORE I put new one on/ or JUST BEFORE I rip the old one off?

Rip.

EEEK! That's what I've been doing... I thought it's better faster than slower?

Is it?

Put the baby oil on before you RIP the old one off.

It is better faster than slower but I think some kids have a hard time understanding that! ;)

But make sure to clean off the baby oil before you put the new bandage on or it won't stick...

liamsaunt said:
Mel, I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your trip report. It kept me laughing the whole time. So, is it Calvin that cracked his head open? I guessing it has to be.

Thanks! NOOOOO...Tommy. Calvin was chasing him around at The General's (my Mom)... he wiped out and hit his head on the table in her living room.

Oh yeah... how do you get BLOOD out of a cream carpet???? There's quite a bit of a stain. She's perturbed. To say the least. And she's STILL got our cat. I'm afraid for the cat's well-being. Heh, heh.

Mel.. Glad to see that you are posting!
I was so sad to see your report end this mornig!
I did tell you in the beginning of your trip report that I would hate to see your trip end and I was so glad to see that you continued your report with the antics of Calvin!
I will be waiting for May.. We enjoyed May last year, It was a wonderful time of the year for us,, better than Oct..

Well anyway,,, Glad to see you did not stop writing!

hiwaygal said:
Put the baby oil on before you RIP the old one off.

It is better faster than slower but I think some kids have a hard time understanding that! ;)

But make sure to clean off the baby oil before you put the new bandage on or it won't stick...

I think FASTER is better, too.

Good. I'll try that. Right NOW. Ohhh. He's hiding on me now... 'cause he can sense it in the air. Plus... I put the bandages and the cream on the table a minute ago. But I know ALL his favourite hiding places.

Heh, heh. He's trying to crawl through the catdoor to the basement right now.

How do you get his head out of the catdoor? Yikes!!! Probably baby oil again...

I gotta go and stop him. But he's got a pretty BIG head... I'm thinkin' he's probably SOL.

HI Mel!!!!! :wave2: Glad your on here, so you can enlighten our lives with all your tails of adventure with the happyhaunts. Especially CALVIN!!!!!

Pretty please, the ending to the Crackhead tail..... :Pinkbounc

We all love your stories.

:grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter