The NEW Official November 2010 Countdown & Planning Thread ~ Come join us! (Part 2)

It would be ideal seeing how your so close to be able to go to both. Not sure but I think I would do Tokyo Disney if limited to one place

Oh, don't worry! Those aren't the only places we're going to go while we're here. It's just that budget and time-wise those two end up being about the same, and we can only "afford" one. The flight to Thailand is long and expensive, but once we're there it will be fairly inexpensive. Japan is closer, but more expensive, because well...it's Japan. We would spend part of the time at Disney, and the other part seeing more of Japan.

We're definitely going to China at least once and possibly some other places while we're here, in addition to traveling around South Korea. My DH is convinced that we need to go back to the States at some point though, which will be expensive. If I can convince him we don't need to do that, then we'll be able to add a trip over here.

Be-lated Happy Anniversary Wishes! Wow a cruise with the entire family sounds like fun. The mediterean cruise out of Barcelona is the trip I want to take, with a side venture to DLP someday :cloud9:
You are going to be busy.
Have a great summer Mindy

You're not too late at all! Our anniversary was the 29th, so you responded in time! Thank you

It will be a busy summer. Did I tell you that I became a travel agent with Mouse World Travel? I'm specializing in vacations to Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line and Adventures By Disney. I can also plan vacations to other destinations around the country and world! This has been keeping me busy. In addition... tomorrow we're going to a wedding on the eastern shore of Maryland. Then the next day, we take my DD9 to camp (today is her 9th birthday), that evening we're going out to dinner for our anniversary to Gadsby's Tavern in Old Towne Alexandria. George Washington ate there daily before Mt. Vernon had a kitchen. The following weekend we have a Bat Mitzvah on Saturday to attend and then on Sunday Heidi's 9th birthday party. Then 3 days later, we leave for Texas til the 20th. Then we have 10 days before we head to the outter banks of NC with my sister's family for a week. We return on the 5th, and 10 days later on the 15th, I'm flying to WDW for the on-site Agent Education Program being held at the Yacht Club Resort. I'll be returning home on the 26th, school starts here on the 29th. And then we're into Sept! wow.... busy. And somehow, I am trying to fit in a weekend of 3 day visit to colonial Willaimsburg to use our Busch Gardens season pass! :upsidedow I don't see where I'll have the time. I can't wait til the Yacht Club. My DH and DD9 will be joining us on the 18th and we'll be staying at SSR for another 7 nights! We'll all return home together on the auto-train. :cheer2:

You're not too late at all! Our anniversary was the 29th, so you responded in time! Thank you

It will be a busy summer. Did I tell you that I became a travel agent with Mouse World Travel? I'm specializing in vacations to Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line and Adventures By Disney. I can also plan vacations to other destinations around the country and world! This has been keeping me busy. In addition... tomorrow we're going to a wedding on the eastern shore of Maryland. Then the next day, we take my DD9 to camp (today is her 9th birthday), that evening we're going out to dinner for our anniversary to Gadsby's Tavern in Old Towne Alexandria. George Washington ate there daily before Mt. Vernon had a kitchen. The following weekend we have a Bat Mitzvah on Saturday to attend and then on Sunday Heidi's 9th birthday party. Then 3 days later, we leave for Texas til the 20th. Then we have 10 days before we head to the outter banks of NC with my sister's family for a week. We return on the 5th, and 10 days later on the 15th, I'm flying to WDW for the on-site Agent Education Program being held at the Yacht Club Resort. I'll be returning home on the 26th, school starts here on the 29th. And then we're into Sept! wow.... busy. And somehow, I am trying to fit in a weekend of 3 day visit to colonial Willaimsburg to use our Busch Gardens season pass! :upsidedow I don't see where I'll have the time. I can't wait til the Yacht Club. My DH and DD9 will be joining us on the 18th and we'll be staying at SSR for another 7 nights! We'll all return home together on the auto-train. :cheer2:

Wow You sure are going to be one busy lady. I noticed on facebook that you had become a TA. That was my dream job , I did go to school like 12 years ago but life got in the way and I never did attain my goal. Can you see me turning all green here with envy ? :lmao: Lime green of course :rotfl:

DH and I have talked about going to Willamsburg for years, maybe now that he is retired we will finally get there.

The Yacht Club is wonderful we stayed there many years ago. We are heading to Disney in October we can not wait, it is long overdue, haven't been since March of 2009.

DH would love to go to the Gadsby's Tavern you mention, he is a big big history buff.

How is your son in college doing?

Have a safe and fun filled 4th, we are not doing anything this year.

I cant believe everyone is still here chatting! I haven't been on Dis since a few weeks after we got back from our trip and out of boredom the other day I decided my withdrawl symptoms were subsiding enough that I could immerse myself in some Disney. :lmao:

Jessica, I was thinking about you when I logged in and wondered how everything worked out. So glad to hear from you!! You have got one big magical vacation to plan after cancelling twice!!

We wont have a trip to plan for a year or two. :sad1: My brother is getting married this November. Next summer we are doing some house renovations. I will have to live vicariously though you guys. :goodvibes

Would someone be willing to go over my trip plans and let me know if there is anything odd or any glaring problems? Dh isn't interested, and I need to get these ADR's booked.

We have the regular dining plan, 2 adults, 3 kids, but I think I will be upgrading my 8 year old (will be 9 at the time of the trip) to an adult during the free dining portion of the trip. For the second leg of the trip, we have free dining.

We're leaving on Nov 21 and driving straight through from San Antonio, so we will be checking in to the YC on the 22nd.

Nov 22, Downtown Disney day, eat at the T-rex, rest, relax, go to the boardwalk, etc

Nov 23 Magic Kingdom, CP for late breakfast, probably Casey's for dinner, since dh has a thing about their fake cheese

Nov 24 HS, Sci Fi Dine in (do they have a Thanksgiving menu?) I was really stumbling over Thanksgiving. Pizza Planet for counter service.

Nov 25 HS Fantasmic dinner package at the Brown Derby (actually, lunch, dinner isn't available) no idea for counter service. Knowing my kids and dh, Pizza Planet again

Nov 26 Epcot San Angel Inn for dinner. We like to go back to the hotel and rest during the day, so I though Beaches and Cream for lunch.

Nov 27 Animal Kingdom Yak and Yeti (is this counter service, or TS? The menu online is for CS). AK closes early, so our plan is to dump the kids off at the Neverland Club and have dinner just the 2 of us at the California Grill.

Nov 27, check out of YC and in to Ft Wilderness cabins. Free dining starts here, and we will have a full kitchen

Nov 28 Epcot Akershus princess breakfast Not sure about Counter service, probably in Mexico

Nov 29 I booked the kids for the Pirate Adventure at 9:30 from the Grand Floridian. We will need to find something fun for the 3 year old, as she can't go. Any thoughts? The Pirate Adventure is only 2 hours. That night I have tickets for the Christmas Party as well, so after the cruise we are napping and resting for a hopefully late night. Any thoughts for dinner? Maybe it's a good day to save TS credits and eat in the cabin? Probably Harbor House for CS

Nov 30 Epcot Coral Reef (we didn't love eating here, but the kids loved the fish tank, so what are you gonna do? :) ) Not sure on CS

Dec 1 HS counter service day only (I find the restaurants here lacking)

Dec 2 AK Ohana's for dinner

Dec 3 MK Tony's for dinner

Dec 4 Epcot Yachtsman for dinner

Dec 5, check out, Cape May for breakfast

I feel like I have too many dinners, and not enough breakfasts. But then, breakfast tends to cut in to morning touring, and you can get the most done then. Then again, though, the kids tend to prefer breakfast type foods and may eat better at breakfasts. It seems that aside from Character meals, most places are lunch and dinner only.

I wanted to plan in some break days, but with the schedules (MK closing early, Fantasmic only on certain nights, etc) it hasn't seemed to work out.

UPDATE 8-11 I have to change some things around because I just got ADR's for the Hoop-Dee-Doo (to which dh told me "whoop-dee-doo." Too bad he doesn't care). But that messes with our TS credits, so I need to move some things about!

I also can't get Ohana's, and dh really wanted to go there. :(

Wow, I popped on to look for a November 2012 planning thread & saw our group back at the top again!

The WDW bug bit again last night! I've already emailed our DVC "landlord" to see if we can rent from her again, checked into the YES program and started trying to catch up on the changes since last November. :surfweb:

I am so glad to hear all of the great things happening for everyone - jobs, trips, etc... :banana:

Off to see if there is a November 2012 thread started :yay:

Giving this post a major bump!!! ;) Anyone still around?

I had to hop on and say hello and share my excitement with my old Nov gals! Today, we hit our 99 day out mark for our trip in June! Since so many of you knew our story with DH losing his job and us having to cancel our trip in 2010. Then we both were working new jobs, so we didn't get to go in 2011. I am almost scared to be excited for 2012! DH has a wonderful job, but so many people are once again losing their jobs around here. I left my job in Jan to come back home. My youngest DD was being to seriously struggle again and even tho her grandmother was keeping her, she was not getting -to say it in the nicest terms - taken care of very well. DH work prevented him from being her enough in the evenings and my schedule was horrid! Loved my job tho and hated leaving. But I am where I should be.

We once again switched to the Poly in hopes of surprising the girls, since it is the one place they both really want to stay. So praying no mishaps, job looses, etc.... We will be arriving at the Poly on my birthday, June 10th!

Hope all is well with you ladies! I have missed this group! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter