The NEW Official November 2010 Countdown & Planning Thread ~ Come join us! (Part 2)

When we had to cancel our trip last November we thought that we would try to go this November but are instead heading to Disney Oct 19 to Oct 25, we had been booked for September until just this week , hopeing for a little cooler weather by going in October.

:wave2:

We've decided to go in October this year, probably the 17-23rd. We loved November but I'm wishing for weather that's just a bit warmer. I got the new FD PIN in my email last week but it's only good for vacations up to August 13... has me thinking that just maybe we could squeeze in another quick trip in early May.

:wave2:
I got the new FD PIN in my email last week but it's only good for vacations up to August 13... has me thinking that just maybe we could squeeze in another quick trip in early May.

That darn pin code got to me also :thumbsup2 My guys would love to do a Star Wars weekend. That's what got WDW on my brain again!

I just checked the calendar for 2012. I might be able to swing Halloween into early November. I would love to see the Halloween decorations, but that would mean giving up our big Halloween party at home. We usually do early November because of our anniversary & son's birthday. Oh well, awfully early to start planning - yeah right :lmao:

That darn pin code got to me also :thumbsup2 My guys would love to do a Star Wars weekend. That's what got WDW on my brain again!

I just checked the calendar for 2012. I might be able to swing Halloween into early November. I would love to see the Halloween decorations, but that would mean giving up our big Halloween party at home. We usually do early November because of our anniversary & son's birthday. Oh well, awfully early to start planning - yeah right :lmao:

I'm always planning the next one. ;) Darn Disney...they won't stop until they get my last dollar! :lmao: We've never been during Halloween, I'd love to go to MNSSHP. But, I love early May there too, especially the beautiful magnolias at POFQ. I really have to stop myself now.

Hi November friends :wave:

It's funny to see this thread moving again!

We decided to go when it is warmer this year. We had some nasty cold/windy weather for a good part of our November trip. I originally wanted mid October, but couldn't work it out with the kids school schedule. So, we are going the very last week before school starts, Aug 26-Sept 4. So we will definitely be getting warmer weather. :faint: :rotfl: Five nights at CBR and 4 nights at the Poly! :cloud9:

Wow it's been so long since our trip in November... Why or why did I think I could go 6 months with no Disney. That won't happen again... Trips scheduled for May, September and January! ;)

:wave: Hi November Friends,

What a coincidence that this thread is chatting again. We just had a nice chat yesterday on our July 09 board!! We all created a facebook group after our July 09 trip. We all became so close.:grouphug:

Its been several months and its hard to believe it. I keep seeing photos on the Pop Picture thread and it makes me miss WDW even more.

My sister just came over and we watched her photo slide show from their Disney Dream cruise. Looked like a great trip, but they had 50 mph winds and couldn't dock at Castaway Key for their day there. They had to stay at sea.

I'm trying to see if we can get a WDW trip planned for late August before school starts. My son will need to return to college at FIT on Aug. 21, so that seems like a logical time to go. Our AP's and TIW passes will still be good. I'd like to try staying at POR or CBR, but I love the Pop so much, don't know if I can give it up! :lmao:

HI everyone! We had a truly wonderful trip in November to belatedly celebrate our 27th anniversary. After a bit of a rough start with our room (again!!!) we had the most overwhelming blessings of tons of pixie dust from the most amazing manager in the world at our resort! There are no words that can ever express how great he was, the joy he brought to our vacation, and literally how he saved our trip.

The weather while we were at the World was brrrrrrrr........lol Disney got more $$$ from us than expected because of extra sweatshirts we had to buy. I really prefer going a little bit earlier in the fall but I will take Disney any off-peak time regardless of the weather! Not sure when we're going this year but...we're going! lol:lmao:

Wow, I am so happy for everyone that is getting to go back to WDW this year! :yay: I hope you all have wonderful trips.

We'll go back next year, but our stroller is now on it's second trip in 3 weeks. Yup, this is actually its third trip to WDW without us! :laughing: One family is there now with it for the second time. Do you think I could get frequent stroller miles???

I am wondering what we'll do next year. DS will be 8 & way too big for the stroller. But how am I supposed to carry everything? :rotfl:

Anyone going back Nov. 2011? We are thinking about a short trip. I would love free dining again!!!! We got a pin for summer but we can't afford it again that soon and you have to stay 5 nights to qualify. Wish I could share it with someone....

Wow, I am so happy for everyone that is getting to go back to WDW this year! :yay: I hope you all have wonderful trips.

We'll go back next year, but our stroller is now on it's second trip in 3 weeks. Yup, this is actually its third trip to WDW without us! :laughing: One family is there now with it for the second time. Do you think I could get frequent stroller miles???

I am wondering what we'll do next year. DS will be 8 & way too big for the stroller. But how am I supposed to carry everything? :rotfl:

Anyone going back Nov. 2011? We are thinking about a short trip. I would love free dining again!!!! We got a pin for summer but we can't afford it again that soon and you have to stay 5 nights to qualify. Wish I could share it with someone....

Your stroller should be DVC! lol My DD8 is a very small child... we still rent a stroller for her when she's tired. She fits into a single just fine. Most people think she's 5, so I don't get stares!:rotfl2:

We visited Thanksgiving week of 2010. I would consider going again that week... but I'd be short of points, so maybe not. Last year, our public school was off for the whole week, but my son's Florida college only had off Wed-Fri, so we all went to Disney and he met us there. Worked out great! I guess we can't do that every year... but we can dream!:woohoo:

Hello, everyone! My husband and I had a wonderful trip last November and it looks like we may be able to return in November/December 2011! This time, we'll be with my younger sister (celebrating her 21st birthday, so not THAT young) and my parents. Not sure yet where we'll be staying but I'm extremely excited about the possibility.

It was nice catching up with you all!

I just saw that this thread is still going! I agree with everyone who says it's hard to believe our November trips were so long ago. It's been about 4 months and I can remember beginning planning last year at this time. I know DH wants to go back at some point with just us. But the dgs will want to go again in a couple of years. How did we ever miss all of the things we wanted to do?!

I just saw that this thread is still going! I agree with everyone who says it's hard to believe our November trips were so long ago. It's been about 4 months and I can remember beginning planning last year at this time. I know DH wants to go back at some point with just us. But the dgs will want to go again in a couple of years. How did we ever miss all of the things we wanted to do?!

Would you believe that our Oct trip this year will be the first ever trip alone for DH and myself and we have been together for 38 years :scared1:

After our DS's were grown we still traveled with them and then with them and their wives :rotfl: Oh and our Honeymoon we took along our best man and maid of honor who were are best friends :lmao: Yes a bit strange but we only drove up to Vermont and it was our post-hippie days :laughing:

We are so looking forward to this trip since we are trying all the great Epcot restaurants we have missed over the years.

Don't wait as long as we have for that "just the two of you" getaway

Wow... nobody has replied to this since last March!! lol:rotfl:

My DH and I are celebrating 25 years of marriage next week!! We've been together for nearly 30 years. Its hard to believe, but we too have rarely been on a vacation alone. This December, we're going on a cruise (RCCL) with the whole family, but we'll have our own stateroom. DD9 will be rooming with DS19. RCCL ships don't sleep 3 or 4 until you go way up the stateroom category list. At least on the Mariner. Our whole family has 6 or so staterooms, maybe 7! My in-laws are going and my DH's sister and her husband and 3 kids too. And my DD23 ad her DH.

Slowly backed away from an opportunity to take the Disney Magic 14 day transatlantic cruise with my MIL for a rock bottom Travel agent special price. I was worried about being away from DD9 for so long. My DH can't go, my sister couldn't go. MIL was very eager to go! But airfare is complicated and expensive. We'd have to fly to JFK to fly to Barcelona. Then fly back from Florida after the trip. Once you added up the flights, hotel, food before and after the cruise, it adds up... so I slowly backed away!! :sad2: I'm going to Disney though in less than 60 days!! Doing the 4 night 5 day agent Education Program (I'm a new travel agent with Mouse World Travel) then my family is joining us with friends for our family vacation that was already planned. It overlaps a day. We're staying at SSR after the AEP at the Yacht Club!! :woohoo: I'm so excited... but before all that... I'm going to the beach OBX, and maybe to Texas before the beach. Its gonna be a busy summer!!

We went on our trip in November, then my DH reported to Korea. Finally our sponsorship went through, so the baby and I got here a few weeks ago. Now I'm mulling over whether we should go to Japan (Tokyo Disney anyone?) or Thailand. There's a small chance we could do both, but it will likely be one or the other.

WOW! Its really great to see this thread going again! I was just looking to see if there was a June 2012 group and seen this, still pretty close to the top! :thumbsup2

As many of you remember, we had to cancel our Nov trip. Well, we also don't get to go this year either. DH can't take vacation for a year outside of the 2 weeks they already have off -which is July 4 week and Thanksgiving (miners weeks). Well, those 2 weeks were already taken at my work. So out the window went our 2011 trip! :sad2: But that is okay, its given us the chance to save up for a pretty awesome trip in June 2012. We are getting ready to book it, we are just trying to pick a resort... yeah, that went so well for us last time! lol We were actually all sold on staying at the AOA Resort in the Nemo Section (we love Nemo, even named our car Dory!) but it is only booking the suite for our time frame. Go figure, the one time our kids actually AGREE on something, its not available. Now we are narrowed down to PO, Poly, CR, WL, AKL and maybe YC.

Other then missing out Dis trip yet again, things turned out pretty good. DH ended up with a pretty awesome job. He didn't end up doing the state mine inspector. He got a much better job. He is still in the blasting business, he loves blowing up stuff to much to stop. And he is up another level or two on the food chain now. And he feels more secure and happy in this job. I love my job... hate my schedule. I work for the cable company as a dispatcher and I am over all evening hour outages in 4 states. So, see, it did work out! I wasn't sure it was going to for a while. But it did. :dance3:

So, any Nov 10 peeps going in June 2012?

Hi Jessica! :goodvibes Good to hear from you. I'm so glad everything is going so well for you guys. Well other than not being able to get to WDW in 2011. But you are going to have a fabulous 2012 trip I just know it!! :cool1:

We are going at the end of August this year. Not looking forward to the heat, but looking forward to the low crowds!! :wizard:

All are invited to my PTR ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2724555 :woohoo:

Wow... nobody has replied to this since last March!! lol:rotfl:

My DH and I are celebrating 25 years of marriage next week!! We've been together for nearly 30 years. Its hard to believe, but we too have rarely been on a vacation alone. This December, we're going on a cruise (RCCL) with the whole family, but we'll have our own stateroom. DD9 will be rooming with DS19. RCCL ships don't sleep 3 or 4 until you go way up the stateroom category list. At least on the Mariner. Our whole family has 6 or so staterooms, maybe 7! My in-laws are going and my DH's sister and her husband and 3 kids too. And my DD23 ad her DH.

Slowly backed away from an opportunity to take the Disney Magic 14 day transatlantic cruise with my MIL for a rock bottom Travel agent special price. I was worried about being away from DD9 for so long. My DH can't go, my sister couldn't go. MIL was very eager to go! But airfare is complicated and expensive. We'd have to fly to JFK to fly to Barcelona. Then fly back from Florida after the trip. Once you added up the flights, hotel, food before and after the cruise, it adds up... so I slowly backed away!! :sad2: I'm going to Disney though in less than 60 days!! Doing the 4 night 5 day agent Education Program (I'm a new travel agent with Mouse World Travel) then my family is joining us with friends for our family vacation that was already planned. It overlaps a day. We're staying at SSR after the AEP at the Yacht Club!! :woohoo: I'm so excited... but before all that... I'm going to the beach OBX, and maybe to Texas before the beach. Its gonna be a busy summer!!

Be-lated Happy Anniversary Wishes! Wow a cruise with the entire family sounds like fun. The mediterean cruise out of Barcelona is the trip I want to take, with a side venture to DLP someday :cloud9:
You are going to be busy.
Have a great summer Mindy

We went on our trip in November, then my DH reported to Korea. Finally our sponsorship went through, so the baby and I got here a few weeks ago. Now I'm mulling over whether we should go to Japan (Tokyo Disney anyone?) or Thailand. There's a small chance we could do both, but it will likely be one or the other.

It would be ideal seeing how your so close to be able to go to both. Not sure but I think I would do Tokyo Disney if limited to one place

WOW! Its really great to see this thread going again! I was just looking to see if there was a June 2012 group and seen this, still pretty close to the top! :thumbsup2

As many of you remember, we had to cancel our Nov trip. Well, we also don't get to go this year either. DH can't take vacation for a year outside of the 2 weeks they already have off -which is July 4 week and Thanksgiving (miners weeks). Well, those 2 weeks were already taken at my work. So out the window went our 2011 trip! :sad2: But that is okay, its given us the chance to save up for a pretty awesome trip in June 2012. We are getting ready to book it, we are just trying to pick a resort... yeah, that went so well for us last time! lol We were actually all sold on staying at the AOA Resort in the Nemo Section (we love Nemo, even named our car Dory!) but it is only booking the suite for our time frame. Go figure, the one time our kids actually AGREE on something, its not available. Now we are narrowed down to PO, Poly, CR, WL, AKL and maybe YC.

Other then missing out Dis trip yet again, things turned out pretty good. DH ended up with a pretty awesome job. He didn't end up doing the state mine inspector. He got a much better job. He is still in the blasting business, he loves blowing up stuff to much to stop. And he is up another level or two on the food chain now. And he feels more secure and happy in this job. I love my job... hate my schedule. I work for the cable company as a dispatcher and I am over all evening hour outages in 4 states. So, see, it did work out! I wasn't sure it was going to for a while. But it did. :dance3:

So, any Nov 10 peeps going in June 2012?

Hey Jessica, so glad to hear DH and you both are working and like your jobs. Sorry you have to cancel your trip again, I am so afraid of that happening to use again this year. Going in October instead of November, for F&W and MNSSHP but with DH Mom being so up in years anything can happen she is 78 so I won't breath easy until we are finally in Disney and even then I will worry.

You will have one super trip since you have so long to save and make your plans.

I can't even think of 2012 unless we get a bounceback offer while there in October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter