The NEW Official November 2010 Countdown & Planning Thread ~ Come join us! (Part 2)

:laughing:

If I were nearby I'd either do your decorating, shopping, wrapping for you or offer to keep the baby (kids) so you could get some thing accomplished.

Our trees are up, actually went up before Thanksgiving so they'd be ready when we came home. All presents are bought (minus two small things), wrapped & under the tree. My Christmas cards that I like to mail out the 1st of December however are a week late. I'm going to the post office tomorrow to get those out.

I haven't started a trip report, was really debating on it I doubt I will. I just don't know that what I have to say would interest anyone, I did one in 2006 and I think it was all fo 3 pages including my posts.

Thank you!! Funny when you have everything under control everyone wants to come see the baby(15 months), but the second things pile up noone is to be found.
I have been working lots of overtime and just haven't gotten in gear yet. It sure doesn't seem like it has been almost a month since we were at the World. I still have Disney bags on the couch and Rubbermaid containers in the Hall.
I'm Glad little dude isn't sick but i sure would love the cuddle time. Has been Cold here 50's high to 20's low. That is stupid cold for Louisiana. Small flurry last night. Glad it doesn't snow here much, if ever.
Stay warm my Friends and cuddle as much as possible. Hope all little sick ones well soon.
I'm not going to do a trip report. Just can't find the time. Maybe by the time we come back in March I will have some time.

Has anyone finished Christmas shopping yet? Or am the only one that hasn't finished. Have to get booze for my husbands side and my parents left. I wish someone else could finish for me. I don't even have my tree up yet. Starting to wonder if I will get to it at all. Sad because I want my son to have a great Christmas with the stockings up and the family tree. I just don't know how to get it done.
I'm not super mom, I wish I was. DH can't even get the lights up this year. We have lots on our plate.
Wish me luck. I am going to call some family to see if they will watch the baby so DH and I can get the house cleaned and tree up. Hope someone will help. How do you get things done with no family near by? I would be a crazy mess.
:santa:
I've barely started anything! We just got back on Sunday, I started to unpack, do laundry, etc, but then got a nasty cold! :sick: I've been trying to do little things here and there, but don't have the energy, plus my head feels like it's going to explode... the only shopping I have done is the few gifts I bought from Disney... :scared1:

It wouldn't be so bad if we decorated like normal people, but I go more than a little overboard! We have at least one tree in every room, including the bedrooms, and the living room has 3! Only one of those is real, but still... We'll probably go get it on Saturday. Just hope it's a little warmer by then... it's only been around 30 for the highs! I have no idea when my Christmas cards are going out, I ordered the photopass CD, because we want to use one of the pics on there, so it will probably still be a while!

Anyway, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's behind this year! Makes me feel a little better to know I have some company!! :lovestruc
I am really struggling this year. Shopping is usually done by now, I have barely started. My house is always decorated and the tree cut down by at the latest the first weekend in December. The house is not decorated at all and no tree till Sunday, our first chance to get out there. No lights outside yet either, DH has been working too many hours. I have had my DD8 home all week sick, I should be better using the time in but I have done notheirn but watch cartoons and cuddle for 3 days. Not complaning, but the more I do it the more stress I feel about what I am not doing. Here it is almost 2pm and I just got out of the shower. Yesterday I didn't even bother. :eek: I am determined to get something done today but so far I have not done anything. I don't know what is wrong with me. I think cause my kids are older but at the same time I still have 1 believer and I want to enjoy it with her while I can.

We have a foot an a half of snow outside and yet it doesn't feel like Christmas to me, something is off for sure.

Usually this Saturday is the girls' and my baking day. DH has the 2nd Saturday of every month with his friends and we always use the December one to bake all day long, we make at least a dozen different kinds of cookies plus candies and fudge, I want to do it so bad, and I will but am finding the lack of motivation very annoying. In fast I am literally angry with myself but it doesn't seem to help.

We don't have family nearby, in fact we hardly have family. Really all we have is my grandparents (that we are close to) and they are 8 hours away.

Holidays are very stressful for me with my mom and stuff, but usually the part within my own home makes me happy but this year it just feels like more work. Not sure why but it feels good to let it out here. :goodvibes

Hope you find some motivation... I've been there, too. Don't feel like it and can't figure out why!

:laughing:

If I were nearby I'd either do your decorating, shopping, wrapping for you or offer to keep the baby (kids) so you could get some thing accomplished.

Our trees are up, actually went up before Thanksgiving so they'd be ready when we came home. All presents are bought (minus two small things), wrapped & under the tree. My Christmas cards that I like to mail out the 1st of December however are a week late. I'm going to the post office tomorrow to get those out.

I haven't started a trip report, was really debating on it I doubt I will. I just don't know that what I have to say would interest anyone, I did one in 2006 and I think it was all fo 3 pages including my posts.

Yikes... I'm jealous! Want to come to my house??? ;)

After I posted today I found some motivation and got a big chunk of my decorating done and tomorrow will finish except the tree which we will get Sunday. I feel so much better having vented and now getting a bunch of it done. I even went and did a little shopping tonight. :banana:

YAY!!! (I know I quoted you twice... but I didn't get to respond to the first post, and I'm trhilled to see the second one!! ;) )

Has anyone finished Christmas shopping yet? Or am the only one that hasn't finished. Have to get booze for my husbands side and my parents left. I wish someone else could finish for me. I don't even have my tree up yet. Starting to wonder if I will get to it at all. Sad because I want my son to have a great Christmas with the stockings up and the family tree. I just don't know how to get it done.
I'm not super mom, I wish I was. DH can't even get the lights up this year. We have lots on our plate.
Wish me luck. I am going to call some family to see if they will watch the baby so DH and I can get the house cleaned and tree up. Hope someone will help. How do you get things done with no family near by? I would be a crazy mess.
:santa:

Not done but I decided to do mostly on-line shopping this year to save time, and can easily do this late at night or during DD1's nap. It wasn't bad...just had a few sites (Disney and JCP) crash on BF and CM.

We have most of our decorations up and our tree and 1 smaller tree in each girls bedrooms that they decorated. DH has been really busy doing lights outside after the girls go to bed and I've been wrapping gifts then too, so we stay up late, like 1-2am each night!!

We have family about 20 minutes away (BIL) but they aren't interested in babysitting so I hired local teens to babysit two times so we could get some of the work done during the day. I hadn't done that before.

Next: cookies, finish buying and wrapping gifts, and do the Xmas cards

I can't peel myself away from the DIS and get to the office to work on entering receipts and bills. Our Disney Visa bill came today..... :scared1: is all I can say!! lol

Guess what ... now that we've come back, Disney has kindly come out with a reusable voucher coupon for Dec 19th through 1/1/11 for 30% off certain quick service meals. Do I hear desperate? Come on Disney.. its the Holidays, your busiest time? What's up? This is serious!! Revenue down=coupons up

here's the link if you know anyone who can use. I already posted to the official December group.
http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.c...wp-content/uploads/2010/12/wdc374565LARGE.jpg

I can't peel myself away from the DIS and get to the office to work on entering receipts and bills. Our Disney Visa bill came today..... :scared1: is all I can say!! lol

Guess what ... now that we've come back, Disney has kindly come out with a reusable voucher coupon for Dec 19th through 1/1/11 for 30% off certain quick service meals. Do I hear desperate? Come on Disney.. its the Holidays, your busiest time? What's up? This is serious!! Revenue down=coupons up

here's the link if you know anyone who can use. I already posted to the official December group.
http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.c...wp-content/uploads/2010/12/wdc374565LARGE.jpg

I'm expecting our Disney Visa bill any day. Two thirds of our dining and shopping at WDW will be on this one as well as the all the Christmas shopping I've done since getting home. I've tried to prepare dh for the bill . . .

I was surprised also to see that coupon special but I wonder if there is another reason for it -- Are they trying to redirect traffic away from the restaurants at prime times because they know things are going to be way too crowded?

I haven't Finished shopping **Yet**. I did get the tree and the Stockings up but the house still doesn't feel Christmas. I want to get some garlin and wreaths for the livingroom. Not that I needed to add anything to my list of things to do. :laundy:
Good news though, my MIL had talked everyone on that side to not exchange gifts so, no booze to buy now. I just have my parents left and I am still freaking out about it. I also have to tell Santa what to bring. I feel a little better but not liking getting this close and not being done. :wizard: Needing a little magic.
Thanks for listening. I just feel like if I tell al of you what I need to do, I just might get it all done.:yay:

I know I know..Im super late at getting back after our vacation..We got back home on the 28th of Nov..We had an awesome awesome time..a few things i have to tell..our favorite park..no doubt..Magic Kingdom..2nd HS..3rd Epcot..4th AK(not sure we would even go back here other than Everest and Tusker House breakfast) We never had any problems whatsoever that i can recall..We stayed at CSR and while it was very nice and we had a nice room..it was wayyyyy big..We probably would try another resort next time and yes there will be a next time...LOL...We was pixie dusted at the nemo ride and didnt even know it til we got off the ride..When we came out of the turtle talk with crush we noticed the nemo ride and asked a cm about the entrance and she said oh its on the other side of the building and all of a sudden she says come here..tells a guy to let us in and we walk right on the ride and when we get off we realize there was a 30 min wait at the entrance :) Anyways..we had an awesome time and loved just about everything we did..We loved most of the food(Rose and Crown and Sci-Fi were our favorite ts meals) Cosmic Rays was fav. counter service..We just loved it all..Cant wait to go back :)

I know I know..Im super late at getting back after our vacation..We got back home on the 28th of Nov..We had an awesome awesome time..a few things i have to tell..our favorite park..no doubt..Magic Kingdom..2nd HS..3rd Epcot..4th AK(not sure we would even go back here other than Everest and Tusker House breakfast) We never had any problems whatsoever that i can recall..We stayed at CSR and while it was very nice and we had a nice room..it was wayyyyy big..We probably would try another resort next time and yes there will be a next time...LOL...We was pixie dusted at the nemo ride and didnt even know it til we got off the ride..When we came out of the turtle talk with crush we noticed the nemo ride and asked a cm about the entrance and she said oh its on the other side of the building and all of a sudden she says come here..tells a guy to let us in and we walk right on the ride and when we get off we realize there was a 30 min wait at the entrance :) Anyways..we had an awesome time and loved just about everything we did..We loved most of the food(Rose and Crown and Sci-Fi were our favorite ts meals) Cosmic Rays was fav. counter service..We just loved it all..Cant wait to go back :)

Very cool that you got to skip the 30 min line.

i'm so glad you guys are going back! We tried Rose & Crown for our first time in July and loved it! Esp if you time it right to see Illuminations, too!

I'm glad to hear you liked Sci-Fi. It is on our list, as soon as our youngest can sit in a booth w/o a highchair!

You said jobs.:thumbsup2 Does that mean DH found something? Hopefully your vacation requests wont be a problem since its several months away. Doin' a happy dance for you. :woohoo:

Yes Ma'am, he did! And so did I. I am working at Suddenlink. Which is really great because it takes me literally 68 seconds to get there. And Ron got a job as a State Mine Inspector. Talk about Karma, huh? However, its in Fayette County. And if he ever transfers into Kanawha, he can't go to the place he was working because of what happened and the fact that he has a lawsuit against them. But he doesn't start until March. Which is fine, because he has a couple schools he has to do for the Army first. And he is working at the Reserve center a couple days a week and able to collect unemployment too. Military money doesn't count against unemployment. So, everything has worked out great. Vacation is still up in the air. I can't put in for mine until Feb 1. And Ron won't be able to apply till he has been at work for a month. But we are booked and we have ADRs. So we are still hoping to go. We shall see.....

Yes Ma'am, he did! And so did I. I am working at Suddenlink. Which is really great because it takes me literally 68 seconds to get there. And Ron got a job as a State Mine Inspector. Talk about Karma, huh? However, its in Fayette County. And if he ever transfers into Kanawha, he can't go to the place he was working because of what happened and the fact that he has a lawsuit against them. But he doesn't start until March. Which is fine, because he has a couple schools he has to do for the Army first. And he is working at the Reserve center a couple days a week and able to collect unemployment too. Military money doesn't count against unemployment. So, everything has worked out great. Vacation is still up in the air. I can't put in for mine until Feb 1. And Ron won't be able to apply till he has been at work for a month. But we are booked and we have ADRs. So we are still hoping to go. We shall see.....

That is awesome! :woohoo::woohoo: I am glad everything is working out for your family. Losing a job is sooooo stressful, so it is wonderful to hear when things turn out well!

All is bought, most is wrapped. Have a little more house decorating to do. Very happy with myself. Just wanted to share. hope everyone is having a great holiday season.:santa:

I'm expecting our Disney Visa bill any day. Two thirds of our dining and shopping at WDW will be on this one as well as the all the Christmas shopping I've done since getting home. I've tried to prepare dh for the bill . . .

I was surprised also to see that coupon special but I wonder if there is another reason for it -- Are they trying to redirect traffic away from the restaurants at prime times because they know things are going to be way too crowded?

I bet you are right on that. They are trying to fill the restaurant's other hours because prime eating hours are making it hard to get ADR's at TS's but with Quick Service dining plans, the QS's are super crowded and probably getting hard to manage during prime eating hours. The coupon will help direct some of the QS cash buyers to the less busy hours.

Good luck Jessica!!! Hope it all works out for you. :banana:

We drive through Fayette county to head south to my parent's. We'll honk the horn at Ron as we head home for the holidays. :laughing: So happy it has worked out for both of you. I know that had to take off some of the stress this Christmas. We'll throw in some pixiedust: for vacation time. PM me when you get closer to your trip. I'd love to hear how everything is going. Merry Christmas!!

Jessica- So Happy to hear things have worked out for you and DH! I agree about the karma :laughing:
Have my fingers crossed you and DH get the vacation time off you need, I know you both need that Disney vacation.

Hello all!

Glad to see our group is still up and running! I finally had a few spare minutes so I wanted to come catch up and give you all a bit of an update on us.

I swear, we got back from Florida on Nov 14th and I swear we have not stopped since. First of course, was getting settled back in from the trip and the house ready for Thanksgiving, as we host my family for turkey day. Then I was supposed to have surgery on Dec 7 (lumbar fusion w/ instrumentation, hopefully just L2-L3 but up to L1-L4) so after Thanksgiving I was busy with pre-op doctor visits, autologous blood donations, making sure the house was ready for me to be laid up for several weeks, and getting our decorations up (including a trip to the tree farm to cut down our Christmas tree). Well, about a week prior my daughter had a little abcess on her bottom, and despite my DH doing most of her bandage changes and me being incredibly diligent about handwashing, I had one pop up the evening before my surgery (but naturally after my doctor's office was closed). So we went to the hospital the morning of the 7th and checked in, told the nurses about it and were told it would probably be fine. Well, when my doctor came around we told him, he and the anesthesiologist (they were both there together) both looked at it and said it was too risky because of the potential of infecting the hardware. So we've been postponed until the 27th of December.

This has actually been a bit of a blessing as I've been able to enjoy the season a lot more. This past week I had both my daughter's Christmas pageant and party at school (different days), and tonight was the banquet at my DH's fire department. I've also been appreciative of being able to make mass throughout advent, and tomorrow we're going to do our Christmas portraits. (Originally I had planned to do them after Christmas in early January, but obviously that won't work now.) The delay in surgery also works better in terms of child care; my MIL is a school crossing guard, so she will be available to watch DD all week while I'm in the hospital, rather than piecing things together and having to make sure she got to/from school, etc. The one bad thing is that at least one, if not both, of the units of blood I donated to myself has expired, so I have to redo that this week (had to finish the antibiotics for my abcess first). I won't have time to donate two units though, so if both of my original units are expired my sister has offered to do a directed donation for me to cover the 2nd unit.

We have gone out and done some Christmas shopping, but since I don't drive most of it ends up being done online. (Makes it easier shopping for DD anyway since we don't have to either find a babysitter or hide stuff while shopping, although we have picked up a few things with her with us.) Even my cards I did online! Normally we order cards from JCPenney when we do the portraits, but since we haven't done them yet I just uploaded some of our snapshots from the year onto hallmark.com and designed our card on there. I also took advantage of their service where you input your addresses and they mail them for you for no extra charge - just the cost of the stamps (plus I avoided shipping charges)! Took me awhile to get all the addresses uploaded, but they're all saved online now so if we use it again it will really go quickly. Besides, with my carpal tunnel it's actually less painful to type them than to hand-write them when the cards arrive.

I'm still waiting on a few packages to arrive, but I'm almost done with my actual shopping. Just need a gift for one of my BILs, and have to pick up some iTunes gift cards for the 3 older niece/nephews on DH's side. Everything that's come in and will be given from us is wrapped, and about half of Santa's gift are wrapped. OH! And if we are able to pull a rabbit out of a hat, I need to put the finishing touches on DD's big Santa gift. Money's a bit tight, but if DH can get the mattress set out of my old room at my parents' house (they've been using the room for storage), Santa is going to bring DD a new bed! She's in a toddler bed, and I think ready for a twin bed. I love the decor of her room (Noah's Ark, but not babyish) so I'll just need to get some solid color sheets & blanket, then I'll use her crib quilt as a throw to tie everythign together. She's an extremely heavy sleeper, so our plan is to put her to bed in the toddler bed, once she's really out lay her down in our room, swap beds, and put her back in the twin bed. I can't wait for her reaction Christmas morning!

So that's about it for us. I'll try to check in a bit this week, and will def. be around after my surgery. Which reminds me, does anyone know how long we have after a trip to start a trip report?? I thought I might start one after my surgery. After all, with 4 nights in the hospital and lots of time stuck in bed at home, it's not like I'll have anything better to do!

ATTENTION: CYNDILOVESWALT!

We got your package today! Thank You SOOOO much! The girls loved it. And it meant alot to us that you cared to send it! It really brightened our day! You are awesome!

Jessica- So glad you got it and hope it brought some happiness. I have been crazy since we got back and have not had any time for the boards! Hope all had a great Christmas. We did, but fast as uasual.
My Dh and I are looking forward to our 3 night stay at BCV in a few weeks (we do a short trip alone in Jan instead of buying presents).
We had a great trip. My DH was sick the first couple of days and my camera broke on the 2nd day! (I was able to rig it to take pics, but it was a pain)
All the Xmas decorations and event s were definitely the highlight for us, and we're thinking next year we may go down Christmas night and stay through New Years, we'll see.
Have a Happy New Year!

For those of you planning on going President's Week AKA Winter Break for us educators who work 180 days - 3.5 hours at most, next year the forecast here in Disney is lovely.

2/19 - 83
2/20 - 86
2/21 - 84
2/22 - 82
2/23 - 83
2/24 - 87
2/25 - 84

The night's are all yummy. Let's hope the next two days are just as sunny as were the days thus for on our vacation. But, of course, the forecast doesnt make the weather. It is the person you are with that makes everything beautiful. Laaaa, meeee, meeeee, la la la la xoxoxox

Hi Everyone :goodvibes

I've stayed away for some time because if I don't, I want to go back immediately! Our trip was awesome. It seems as if we have tons of friends who are heading to WDW now. It got me thinking about all of the Turkeys :) My Mickey head was lost on our third day :(

We are planning to head back November 2012. Anyone else?

Have a great day!
Michelle

We really loved November!!! But we are going to do the end of October this year..I really love the Halloween party and hoping that the weather will be a little warmer so the kids can swim more comfortably.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter