The NEW Official November 2010 Countdown & Planning Thread ~ Come join us! (Part 2)

Dang! I was hoping for page 1, but Shelly went and filled it up with all that usefull information! Thanks! (And how excititng, 250 pages!)

Everything looks great! I have 19 more days till I can tell me daughter about our trip, I am nearly bursting! I cannot remember exactly when I started to plan, March? Maybe earlier.

I have two hidden bags of things to pack and don't think I will need my luggage before the trip, so I might start to put things in it when the kids are at school!

SO excited!!! :yay:

Part 2! Nice! Been part of the other thread since February or January.

Now is anyone else playing "If I was in Disney now I would be"?

Since 2 months I will be there -day 5 of 7- I think we'll be leaving DHS (Fantasmic!) and heading to our Adult Dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse

Part 2! Nice! Been part of the other thread since February or January.

Now is anyone else playing "If I was in Disney now I would be"?

Since 2 months I will be there -day 5 of 7- I think we'll be leaving DHS (Fantasmic!) and heading to our Adult Dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse

That's funny! I usually don't play that game with myself until 2 weeks before and continue it about 2 weeks after the trip, too!:thumbsup2

Hi MickeyMomofThree

You'll be at All Sports, same time as me! cool. what do you think the crowds will be like?

We have always found that there are lots of people but it doens't feel crowded, if that makes sense? :confused3 We kind of like having other people around though, kind of makes it fun. We love Thanksgiving to visit, the decorations, the weather, it is all perfect! We'll have to arrange to say hello one day.

We don't play if we were there yet, but starting at 100 days we answer a question of the night. We all answer the same question (at dinner) and I type it up in word, then I print 3 copies and slide them into the scrapbooks the kids make. To be honest, I haven't looked back at them but I know someday I will. I think this time I am going to add and do some what were your favorite questions when we get home to add too.

I was playing "Eight Weeks from today...." with my hubby this morning!:cool1: Eight weeks from today I'll be having breakfast in Cinderella's Castle for the very first time, and then anticipating an evening filled with Osborne Lights and the Yachtsman Steakhouse! :love:

I cannot remember if this was discussed earlier, I really did not want to re-read 248 pages. If it was, I am apologizing now :confused3 I was wondering since it is much cooler in November, than the last time I went in August, what does everyone do with the jackets &/or pants that you bring into the parks? Do you bring an extra bag and carry it around all day, or get a locker at one of the parks?

There are 5 of us, 3 adults and 2 kids (DS 8, DD 6) and we usually do not leave the parks until closing. We have a clear backpack for our essentials to bring into the park, I'm not sure if we should bring another one for our jackets &/or pants? My kids are too old for a stroller, but my mom gets a ECV (bad hip). We can keep the extra bag there, but I want to make sure she has room for her legs.

Thanks again and sorry if this is a repeat, but we are all getting closer to our time with the Mouse or in my case Goofy :love:

(I posted this originally to Part 1, right after Momof2DisneyBoys, made up Part 2)

Found you....

I cannot remember if this was discussed earlier, I really did not want to re-read 248 pages. If it was, I am apologizing now :confused3 I was wondering since it is much cooler in November, than the last time I went in August, what does everyone do with the jackets &/or pants that you bring into the parks? Do you bring an extra bag and carry it around all day, or get a locker at one of the parks?

There are 5 of us, 3 adults and 2 kids (DS 8, DD 6) and we usually do not leave the parks until closing. We have a clear backpack for our essentials to bring into the park, I'm not sure if we should bring another one for our jackets &/or pants? My kids are too old for a stroller, but my mom gets a ECV (bad hip). We can keep the extra bag there, but I want to make sure she has room for her legs.

Thanks again and sorry if this is a repeat, but we are all getting closer to our time with the Mouse or in my case Goofy :love:

(I posted this originally to Part 1, right after Momof2DisneyBoys, made up Part 2)

We have been in November before and we do bring a jeacket and pants... nothing crazy heavy but my experience has been I am fine with shorts and a t-shirt during the day and capri's or pants and a sweater,hoodie or light jacket for night time..

9 Weeks from today I will send the kids off to school and the hubby off to work and will begin packing the car and the cooler so as soon as everyone but DD8 is home we will head to her school, pick her up and be on our way!!!

As for sweatshirts and pants, hubby never needs pants, he is warm blooded! The girls and I take very lightweight black leggings, it's all we ever seem to need. We roll them up and put them in a backpack. DH has never minded having a backpack. However now with all the kids getting fannypacks last trip, they will go in there so no more backpack for him, unless he wants it (which he might.) As for sweatshirts, we always wear them in the morning then tie them around our waists for the day.

Thanks for all the work in getting this together!!

Tomorrow my ticker will start with a 1!!

DH is a tad jealous that I have a countdown for Disney and not his arrival for R&R...

Thanks Shelly for this great thread. :hug:It looks great! I seem to have somehow failed to mention my ADR's as few as they are. I have got to get on the ball, but I'm getting behind. I have not done my TR from my August trip yet! I have got to start that today. I haven't scrapbooked photo from March or August :sad2:

Anyway, so far with my ADR's I have
Sunday Nov 21 (nothing yet)
Monday Nov 22 (still pondering)
Tuesday Nov 23rd 2:25pm Mama Melrose Fantasmic Dinner package for 6:30 show
Wednesday Nov 24th (considering options)
Thursday Nov 25th 3:30pm Thanksgiving dinner at Chef Mickey's
Friday Nov 26th :idea:
Saturday Nov 27th No ADR's, will have to check out and take son back to his dorm at Florida Tech.:sad1:

I do want to get something at Olivia's and I'm considering trying the Turf Club at Saratoga since we're staying there and I've heard its good.

We are no longer RD People so will most likely take a jacket and tie it about my waist if not needed like I did last year, usually we make a stop back at the resort before evening so it is not a problem. DH is always hot or refuses to admit he is cold :lmao: He will wear short well into Nov here in Ct and never wears a jkt until the snow flies. This trip should be interesting since the weather will be cooler I think than anytime we have ever visited WDW. I already mentioned to him about taking jeans and a jkt so we will see if he does or not :laughing:

Your children aren't too old for a stroller at Disney. If they fit, they can ride. My DD8 was not in a stroller at Disney in March, but when we went back in August, it was SO crowded and HOT that after a day it became clear that we'd never get anywhere without one. So we rented. She's so petite that she fit just fine. She's 45" tall and weighs 39 pounds. :tinker:

In November, I'm going to bring her own stroller if she still fits in it (its the one you can buy at Disney), but with the cooler air and the lower crowds, she might be able to walk relatively melt-down free. I'm hoping. We bring hoodies to the parks in the morning and throw them on the stroller or sometimes we rent a locker. I find you really can often skip the hoodie for the morning because its warm enough by late morning, but its the after sun-down evening time when you can be chilly. In fact, I remember one April sitting at an outdoor table at the Rose & Crown for Illuminations and trying to stuff my cloth napkin around my legs it was so chilly! That can happen in early spring and in fall.

Getting sooooo close now! Thanks for starting a new thread!
Tomorrow is the 50 day mark!!!!! WOW!!!

If anyone is interested in booking the new outdoor Mexican Restaurant La Hacienda De San Angel , as of today you can book online :banana:

Yes yes I know I said I was done messing with my ADR's but :lmao
:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter