The NEW Official November 2010 Countdown & Planning Thread ~ Come join us! (Part 2)

If anyone is interested in booking the new outdoor Mexican Restaurant La Hacienda De San Angel , as of today you can book online :banana:

Yes yes I know I said I was done messing with my ADR's but :lmao
:

Step Away From The Computer! LOL

I really truly am finished with my ADRs now. They are exactly how I want them. We have our plans for every day now. I couldn't deal with just winging it for the last 3 days, I had to have a plan! And now we do. I am getting really excited about this trip. The last few years it was about either the kids (mine and others) or the people we were taking with us. This year, we have made it a perfect mixture of what OUR kids want to do and what DH and I want to do. I am so happy to be able to actually go to Signature Restaurants now that my kids are older. I have threatened them with certain death if they even attempt to show their hineys while we are there! lol

We have always found that there are lots of people but it doens't feel crowded, if that makes sense? :confused3 We kind of like having other people around though, kind of makes it fun. We love Thanksgiving to visit, the decorations, the weather, it is all perfect!

We went last yr around same time and the only park I found to be really crowded as MK, we did not get to do everything we wanted there so we're going back!:banana: And yes the decorations were wonderful, I loved the Osbourne Lights at HS!

We'll have to arrange to say hello one day.

Definitely!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...P=SOC-DPFY10Q3TwitterDisneyParks15-09-10@0005

:confused3 I'm getting a headache now. I thought I was all set and everything with my ADRs inc. a 7:45 for Rose & Crown so that we could watch Illuminations from a patio table or at least from the viewing area of the restaurant...and now La Hacienda had to go and screw everything up for me! I still need to know if it's going to be DDP before I cancel R&C but I don't know if I should until I see a menu...and by that time I prob won't be able to get an ADR! :confused3 Or maybe I should just stick with what I have because we do like the R&C. :sick:

Hello chatty Cathies! So excited to see the new digs!

We're slowly settling into a routine here, with preschool, fire department, gymnastics, and church. Keeps me on my toes, but it's so nice to have these extra 3hrs to myself in the morning. Yesterday I went for a walk (or roll, to be more accurate) around our neighborhood for an entire hour! I'm guessing I did 4 miles or so?

Jessica, I'm sorry for the loss of your grandmother, but am glad to hear you had a peaceful service to celebrate her. DH's grandma has elected to do treatment for her bile duct cancer, so she's currently doing radiation 5x a week, and will start chemo soon. Basically she's just going to do it as long as she can tolerate it, so it could be anywhere from another week to another month, or longer. Who knows. I think she's holding out to see her next great-grandchild born (due 11/2) and one more Christmas.

According to my Disney Vacation Connection widget, we're at 52 days, 21 hours!! Getting so close! I need to finalize all our clothing decisions and finish any purchases. Having a hard time finding cute tees for me & Dh though (both of us need plus sizes). Also trying to hash out plans for DD's birthday party. She'll turn 3 while we're at WDW, so I'm planning to do her party a couple weeks ahead. And a week before that is our 6th anniversary! Lots going on in October to keep us busy while we're waiting.

We aren't doing many ADRS since we are going QSDP this year, but I just made an ADR. I made it for the family but might change it to be just DH and I. I figure if the reviews are really good and I cna't get in I will be sad, I LOVE mexican food! If the reviews aren't so goo, I'll just cancel it and make someone's day later. :goodvibes Hope the reviews are good, and thanks for putting the idea in my head to make it, it didn't dawn on me to and now I am so glad I did!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...P=SOC-DPFY10Q3TwitterDisneyParks15-09-10@0005

:confused3 I'm getting a headache now. I thought I was all set and everything with my ADRs inc. a 7:45 for Rose & Crown so that we could watch Illuminations from a patio table or at least from the viewing area of the restaurant...and now La Hacienda had to go and screw everything up for me! I still need to know if it's going to be DDP before I cancel R&C but I don't know if I should until I see a menu...and by that time I prob won't be able to get an ADR! :confused3 Or maybe I should just stick with what I have because we do like the R&C. :sick:

As of right now if you make a ADR it states online that it is NOT ON DP, whether that will change in the coming weeks or not who knows.

We have two Epcot days and I have a ressie at R&C also hopeing for an outdoor table for Illuminations but had nothing for our second Epcot day so with a little shifting and if the rest in the party want to try La hacienda it may all work out

As of right now if you make a ADR it states online that it is NOT ON DP, whether that will change in the coming weeks or not who knows.

We have two Epcot days and I have a ressie at R&C also hopeing for an outdoor table for Illuminations but had nothing for our second Epcot day so with a little shifting and if the rest in the party want to try La hacienda it may all work out

Rumor is (and I don't buy into rumors but I'm hoping it's true) that that's an error and it is on the DDP. I'll keep checking, discuss with DH and DD, and then if it's all good, I'll try for an ADR. Ok, headache gone. ;)

Thanks to those that directed me to Part 2 :) I originally posted this on part 1. Any thoughts? Thanks for the post on the soft opening! Hopefully that will be the case here!!!

Does a refurbishment ever end early? We are going November 3-10 and I saw that the teacups are closed for refurbishment until the 10th. Of course my DD's favorite ride! We leave in the morning and not sure if the DH will swing past MK to get in one ride so I am really hoping they will be finished early!!!! Does that every happen????

Hello all,

You can add us to the list. Staying at AKV Jambo House November 11th to the 20th.

I certainly hope their menu gets bigger. That is a pretty limited menu for a Mexican Restaurant!

I agree. I'm having second thoughts because there are some choices that my DD and I would really like but not much for DH and DGD. :( I should know to leave well enough alone and go with my first choices, but I always do this. ;)

Not to change the subject, but any other Survivor fans out there? Starts tonight and of course we have open house (I'll DVR it but hope to get home early enough to watch tonight). My boys really love it and it's a fun family night in front of the TV. I think they are changing it to Wed. though.

I certainly hope their menu gets bigger. That is a pretty limited menu for a Mexican Restaurant!

I'm not keen on the menu. Does anyone else think those prices are WAY too high? :eek:We don't eat pork or shellfish, so that cuts it in half. I was under the impression that they would also have a quick service area too with a menu more similar to the original Cantina De San Angelo that they tore down to build the Hacienda. I hope QS fans aren't left out. Is there a link somewhere to the QS options and when will that section open? :confused3 I'm trying not to do too many ADR's because my DH HATES "chasing ADR's".... all that "sorry dear, you can't ride that now... we have just 20 minutes to make a mad dash for the bus to _______________ for dinner!":sad2:

Thanks for posting the Menu Summerlady, I had not seen it before, seriously thinking about cancelling the ADR now since I am not sure DH would like anything on the menu and having doubts, it does seem a bit pricey too :confused3

I have not mentioned to anyone yet about the ADR so no one can get upset if I cancel

Drs office called today to say my Stress test was normal so I am good to go to WDW now :yay:

Drs office called today to say my Stress test was normal so I am good to go to WDW now :yay:

YAY!:jumping2:

I was disappointed with the menu as well. There isn't anything DS16 and DD14 would eat. DH really likes the entree at San Angel with the hint of chocolate so we are going there.

Hi Everyone,
I must have been asleep at the switch because I just realized this is part 2.

We are all getting so excited. My dd has spent most of the week looking at our ADR's, daily plans and is tweaking them like crazy!
DH and I are just going to go have our breakfast with or without the DDs...just kidnap the grandkids and go!

I had everything all figured out becasue the reservation for the kids had a gift card attached. Perfect. I can downsize to regular dining plan for dh and the grandkids and leave the other 3 on the deluxe. She started to fix that as well!!! No offence, but if you're not paying that is not yours...oh, well, she means well and I didn't say it quite like that.

We are at 76 days and I can't figure out how it got here so quickly. I can't wait to see the little guys faces when they get there. It is a total surprise for them. As they say,"priceless".

Thanks for posting the Menu Summerlady, I had not seen it before, seriously thinking about cancelling the ADR now since I am not sure DH would like anything on the menu and having doubts, it does seem a bit pricey too :confused3

I have not mentioned to anyone yet about the ADR so no one can get upset if I cancel

[/QUOTE

Well, I showed the menu to DH and DGD and they reacted by wrinkling their noses. So that's that, I'm keeping R&C.

Good news on the stress test! :thumbsup2

Hi Everyone! I haven't posted in forever! Thank goodness the kids are back in school so I can concentrate on something for more than 5 seconds w/o someone yelling, "MOM?" Anyway, I feel so dumb b/c I just now called to ask about free dining and OMG we saved $650 :banana::banana::banana: So now I am trying to teach myself the dining plan. Overall, I think it will be fine but there's a voice inside my head that is worried it won't be enough food. A "snack" for breakfast just isn't going to cut it for DH in particular...IDK...and then our two year old doesn't get the plan but he typically eats more than our 4 year old...:confused3 I did manage to add a H&V lunch to our ADRs though so at least we have one TS meal each day...and then I do still plan on getting the Garden Grocer to deliver some stuff before our arrival so maybe we'll be fine...anyway, it's fun to figure everything out...oh, and I'm soooooooooooooo bummed that there aren't anymore Power Rangers. I mean, I'm reallllllllllllly bummed about that. And I hope the Pooh Ride is done with its refurb by the time we get down there. That's ride #1 for our whole fam and it can't be closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter