The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ April 2012 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post, I've lurking for awhile. I have reservations at the Dolphin for August because we got a great rate with the teacher discount. I was finally able to link the reservation to MDE today. I just tried it on whim and it worked. I had previously made ADRs and it's all there now.
Yay!

It worked for me! I was just able to link my Dolphin stay to MDE! So happy I am now off to cancel my one night stay at pop century! yay!!!! I love these boards!

It worked for me! I was just able to link my Dolphin stay to MDE! So happy I am now off to cancel my one night stay at pop century! yay!!!! I love these boards!
Yay! Me too - I can only imagine how clueless I would be without the boards.

I hope it works good for you too!

It didn't work for me - I think my confirmation number is not what MDE wants since it only has 6 digits. I have booked through a discount scheme (through an agent at the hotel though) so have emailed to ask how I can link it.

It didn't work for me - I think my confirmation number is not what MDE wants since it only has 6 digits. I have booked through a discount scheme (through an agent at the hotel though) so have emailed to ask how I can link it.
So sorry, I hope they can link it up for you or the resort can give you a confirmation number that works. I was worried I wouldn't ever be able to since I booked through Starwood.

I was just able to add my Dolphin reservation to MDE. MDE then allowed me to get one page closer to booking FP+ in advance (but I could not actually book it yet). Hopefully that will change on Monday, 3/31.

So how does that work, Dan? If you have a ticket linked, how does MDE know if you have a S/D reservation? How is the date that you can reserve triggered? Is it an ADR? I'm feeling very dense. :crazy2:
See wen8jr's post above.

Go to your account on the SPG site and you will either have a longer confirmation number there or, if not, send the confirm to your email with the link in the confirm box.

See wen8jr's post above.

Go to your account on the SPG site and you will either have a longer confirmation number there or, if not, send the confirm to your email with the link in the confirm box.

Thanks Dan but my reservation does not appear on the Starwood site either, nor does the confirmation work there.

So if I am staying at the Dolphin on 5/12 will I be able to go on MDE and make fast pass reservations today??

So if I am staying at the Dolphin on 5/12 will I be able to go on MDE and make fast pass reservations today??

Yep.

I'm wondering if we will be able to make FP+ for length of stay (just like other on site hotels) or will we have to make each day separately at the 60 day mark? Guess I'll find out Tuesday at midnight!

Does anyone know if the same "split stay" booking works for 60 days out as it does for Disney properties ?

We're booked for 2 weeks trading our Aruba Marriott timeshare to Sabal Palms and Lakeshore Reserve, we've now booked our flights giving us an additional 3 days at the beginning of our trip and we were looking at Disney moderates (quite frankly I cannot believe the prices for deluxes which don't appear to me to be deluxe like we're used to). The swan/dolphin look more like higher end properties but I hadn't considered them because of FP. The sole reason for our extra 3 nights was so that we could get the 60 day window for our entire 7 -10 days of usage. Can anyone tell if they are able to book past their Swan/Dolphin stay for the entire length of ticket, as one can with the Disney properties ?

I have a 9 digit confirmation number from the Dolphin, but it won't let me put it in my Disney Experience. My stay is 8/29-9/1. Maybe it's too far out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter