The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ April 2012 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I'm joining this conversation late, but my understanding is that Swolphin can book FP+ 30 days out. That was my recent experience. AFAIK, that hasn't changed. :confused3

Sorry, I'm joining this conversation late, but my understanding is that Swolphin can book FP+ 30 days out. That was my recent experience. AFAIK, that hasn't changed. :confused3
This notice was on the WDWMagic site earlier this afternoon, Laura. But it is gone now. I was able to get this from a cached copy.

Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort guests to be able to make advance FastPass+ reservations from next week Mar 28, 2014 | 11:48am EDT Discuss Tweet Share Share
Good news for those guests staying at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort.

Starting March 31 2014, those guests will be able to make advance FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance of their check-in date. This gives those guests the same FastPass+ privileges as the Disney operated Walt Disney World Resort hotels.

Swan and Dolphin guests will not receive MagicBands however, but they will be available for purchase at $12.95. The MagicBand is optional, as all FastPass+ and park entry can be done with the standard issue RFID ticket media. Touch-to-pay will not be available.

Up until now, guests at the Swan and Dolphin have been making same day FastPass+ reservations at dedicated in-park kiosks staffed by Cast Members.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...4&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

Thanks, Dan! :thumbsup2 Sometimes I wonder if the powers that be at Disney even know what's going on! :rotfl: The website has been a bit "glitchy" lately! :rolleyes:

I'll be at Dolphin April 7th and made my FP+ several weeks ago. But we have WDW Resort reservations for May and when I tried to book FP+, the calendar was only letting me book 30 days in advance, instead of 60!! I tried daily and it took 4 or 5 days, but finally by Wednesday this week, I was able to book FP+ more than 30 days out! :confused3

Also, when I hit 24 FP+ (8 days worth), I had maxed out; reached my limit! :eek:

Wow has this been a crazy couple of hours :crazy: but here is what I have been able to do this evening....

I am staying Dolphin arriving May 5-10. I was able to go into MDE and link my Dolphin reservation (something I had been trying repeatedly and not able to do). That opened my FP+ selection portal, so I went into that and tried my arrival day May 5th, the message said "not available for FP+ selections". So just by random chance I skipped ahead to my last day May 9 and it all opened to me!!! I really wasn't expecting to be able to do this until March 31!

So I booked all my FP+s backward to arrival day and it then let me select for that May 5 day, weird.

Then I read a tutorial on how to individually edit times because I was not liking a lot of my grouped times given by Disney. So now I am pretty happy with what I've reserved. I will say I did feel frustration at the tiering at HS and Epcot (grrrrr).

Then of course all bets will be off if SDMC opens to FP+ haha.

I also was able to put in my reservation tonight, after trying unsuccessfully all day. We don't arrive until August 29, so I won't be able to try FP+ until end of June.

I also was able to put in my reservation tonight, after trying unsuccessfully all day. We don't arrive until August 29, so I won't be able to try FP+ until end of June.

I just tried again too! Was able to link this AM and we are not traveling until December!!

It didn't work for me - I think my confirmation number is not what MDE wants since it only has 6 digits. I have booked through a discount scheme (through an agent at the hotel though) so have emailed to ask how I can link it.

6 digit confirmation numbers are typically the property specific confirmation number. If you call central reservations they should be able to give you your 9 digit central reservations confirmation number.

I'm doing something wrong. Where in MDE do I go to put in the number? Help!

Sign on the Disneyworld website. Then Click on My Disney Experience in the upper right hand corner of the main page. Click on reservations and it will prompt you to link your reservation. Does that help?

Traveling next week and staying at the Swan. Was able to link my reservation in the MDE and also was able to link in our 3rd Party (Undercover Tourist) tickets from 2010. That took about 45 minutes on the phone with two very helpful ticket agents. The first agent was unaware Swan guests could make FP+ selections. I told her about this thread and she said (DIS) under her breath...in a nice way.

Sign on the Disneyworld website. Then Click on My Disney Experience in the upper right hand corner of the main page. Click on reservations and it will prompt you to link your reservation. Does that help?

My biggest challenge is that I was putting in my resort reservation number from 2011, not 2014. Your directions were great as I used my computer not my iPad. Success finally! Thank you!!!

Heading to the dolphin in a month and have a quick question for the experts. Is it possible to request a microwave in our room? Is there a microwave on property (picabu???) that is available for guests? Thanks!

It's been a happy weekend at our house! Our youngest, Tori (who is in her 3rd year of college), applied to the College Program and within 4 days had her acceptance! We'll move her down in early September. :goodvibes I already have Sept and Nov WDW plans, but of course now we have to spend Christmas at WDW!! :santa:

Rates are ridiculous but I found Swan on Cash & Points for the 3 days before Christmas Eve!!! (We're DVC so I'll probably get a villa for 12/24-26 although I'm quickly running out of points! :upsidedow).

When spg changed to 5,000 pts & $75 night last year I thought that was too expensive, considering it had been 4,000 pts & $60 night. Now I'm thanking my lucky stars I got such a great rate! :rotfl:

It's been a happy weekend at our house! Our youngest, Tori (who is in her 3rd year of college), applied to the College Program and within 4 days had her acceptance! We'll move her down in early September. :goodvibes I already have Sept and Nov WDW plans, but of course now we have to spend Christmas at WDW!! :santa: Rates are ridiculous but I found Swan on Cash & Points for the 3 days before Christmas Eve!!! (We're DVC so I'll probably get a villa for 12/24-26 although I'm quickly running out of points! :upsidedow). When spg changed to 5,000 pts & $75 night last year I thought that was too expensive, considering it had been 4,000 pts & $60 night. Now I'm thanking my lucky stars I got such a great rate! :rotfl:

Congratulations to Tori! Our daughter is hoping for the College program immediately following graduation next year! She warns to have her degree BEFORE she leaves for Disney!! Lol

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

It's been a happy weekend at our house! Our youngest, Tori (who is in her 3rd year of college), applied to the College Program and within 4 days had her acceptance! We'll move her down in early September. :goodvibes I already have Sept and Nov WDW plans, but of course now we have to spend Christmas at WDW!! :santa:

Congratulations! How wonderful for everyone.

Congratulations to Tori! Our daughter is hoping for the College program immediately following graduation next year! She warns to have her degree BEFORE she leaves for Disney!! Lol

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Congratulations! How wonderful for everyone.

Thank you! :goodvibes

When Tori was a high school senior, we met a WDW manager who talked to her about the College Program. We were seated with him and his family at Biergarten. My family LOVES the festival seating there; a chance to meet & mingle with people you would likely never meet otherwise! :thumbsup2

She was so excited about it that she applied during her first semester at college, got accepted, but realized she wasn't ready. They told her to feel free to reapply in the future. She put it on the back-burner for almost 3 years, but then she had lunch with her brother and whatever he said, lit the fire! :goodvibes

I'm so glad she pursued this. When she returns home from the CP, she will have 1 more year of college, then she'll become a Middle School Math Teacher!! (It's been her "calling" for years! God Bless her!! :rotfl:)

I was able to link my Swan reservation in MDE, but since the reservation is just in my name, that's the only name that shows up in MDE. So I assume I need to contact Swan and add the names of each family member to my hotel reservation so that their tickets will match up with the Swan room reservation, right? Otherwise, it looks like I would only be able to reserve FP+ for myself, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter